All reviewsbusiness tripbreakfast staffone night stayfront desk staffbusiness centerup to datestay there againfree breakfastconvenient locationpleasant staybed was comfortablegreat place to staynice roombaltimore areavery nice hotelindoor poollobby
Reviewed December 17, 2011

There is a lovely lobby and a nice fireplace to warm up your impressions when you first walk in here. The staff is very friendly, and the room was just fine. It was in fact, everything you would hope for and expect from this hotel brand: comfortable, clean and with some nice touches and amenities. I would definitely stay here again if I am in the area. There are several chain restaurants across the street and a rather depressing and large shopping mall not too far away.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Rupertpb
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Made a quick stop here during a business trip. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Location is close to some good restaurants right across the road.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank MattArmb9
HGIManager, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Owings Mills, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2011

Thank you for your stay at our hotel. I'm very pleased you liked the hotel and found our staff friendly. We appreicate the kind words and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Owings Mills.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

I booked a room at the last minute when I decided to spend the night in the area to be near a relative having surgery. Booked through hilton.com but didn't get to the hotel until 9:30 pm. When I showed up at the desk the agent told me they didn't have a reservation and were full for the night.
She then checked online and found my reservation and went to the back room to talk with a supervisor. The supervisor came out, apologized and upgraded me to an available suite -- "He's Hilton Gold we can upgrade him." So I got a "suite" -- two rooms. Not sure what someone who didn't have status with Hilton would have gotten.
The hotel is a typical HGI, comfortable room, good made to order breakfast -- better assortment of pastries at this HGI than at others that I've visited.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for your stay at our hotel and for sharing your experiences with us. I'm sorry for the delay and problem with your room. However, this was truly a case of "computer error" We were happy to give you a suite. However, if this had happened to a non Honors member we would have responded the same way. We are in the hospitality business and when problems occur we do everything we can to make it right.

Hopefully your next stay will go much smoother in the reservation process.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights. Overall the place is fine. A little overpriced for an average hotel room but clean and comfortable. On Saturday afternoon, I thought I would check out the indoor pool. Seems a Father and Daughter were using the hot tub as a bath. It was full of soap and when they came out they then jumped into the pool. Pretty nauseating. No one from the hotel was around so the spa stayed soapy and the pool now had the remaining soap bubbles floating around. Needless to say, I didn't go in.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank romhell

Thank you for your stay at our hotel, we truly value the business. I'm so sorry for the problems you encountered at the swimming pool. It is a shame that some people don't know how to act in public, I'm sorry the lifeguard didn't take a proactive approcach to the situation once it began.

I hope you give us another chance and I'm sure you will have a better chance to swim.

Reviewed May 24, 2011

We spent one night at the Hilton Garden Inn Owings Mills while visiting family in the area. We found the hotel to be incredibly clean, with super comfortable beds and a friendly staff. We arrived early after a very early flight into BWI and were able to check in immediately. The first room they assigned us had not been cleaned, but they quickly gave us another that had. The room was very large, had a nice comfy chair, large flat-screen TV, and a very comfortable bed with adjustable firmness. The bathroom was of a nice size and very clean with large fluffy towels.

The hotel offers a breakfast buffet for $11.95 and since there are not many other breakfast options in the area, we decided to give it a try. There were a variety of cold cereals and muffins, coffee and juices, made-to-order eggs and omlets, breakfast meats, potatoes, and even quiche. We felt it was a very good value for the quality and amount of food available.

The hotel is located near Owings Mills Mall, and there are a few restaurants around, but not much else. It's an easy off/on from 795, which can quickly get you to points north or back to Baltimore.

A new hotel is under construction right beside this one and we did hear some noise from that during the day. Fortunately, they were not working on Saturday morning, so we were able to sleep in.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple