“A place where everyone knows your name”
Review of Captain Harvey's Restaurant - CLOSED

Captain Harvey's Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This place has been around for a long long time started in the Port of Baltimore by the current owners father who was a tug boat captain. They have fine upscale dining in the back room, or a little more casual in the bar (both are beautiful rooms. There is a private dining area as well as a large private room downstairs. If you fancy having some of the best steamed crabs in the area, just go right next door to their crab room. Wait staff is great at this family run gem.

There are newer reviews for Captain Harvey's Restaurant

Reviewed June 10, 2011

This place might have been nice years ago but now the food stinks and they charge top dollar.

1  Thank BaltimoreJ
Reviewed April 20, 2011

I read the review earlier about how bad this restaurant was after I had eaten there and saw that the same person hated several seafood restaurants very badly with similar anger. The food was very good, the service was very good( ask for Keith) and the music was very ecclectic. I guess the earlier review guy had a very bad day before he ate there because I found little wrong there. The mussels were oustanding, the grilled pork chop with mushroom gravy and chutney was amazing and the coconut cake was delicious but just too big.

Reviewed February 20, 2010

Single crab cake seemed to be made off premises, tasteless and much too much filler. Coleslaw fresh and tasty. Side salads much too small, watery and unimaginative although fresh. Blue cheese dressing very good. Shrimp and scallops pasta dish had plentiful and very tasty seafood. Pasta poor consistency with a greasy, tasteless sauce. Both dishes priced way too high for the quality of the dish. Dinner rolls overcooked and made off premises...frozen dough.

Exterior looks like a 1960's era fast food joint. Interior nicely done but very cramped. Waitstaff slow moving and been around since the restaurant was opened (1935). Our waitress kept assuring us how good the food is ... a sure sign there is going to be a problem.

This restaurant is going to bite the dust if it doesn't reinvent itself. It needs to lower the price of it's food and increase the quality.

1  Thank Annapolis2000
Reviewed November 8, 2008

My husband and I went for a late lunch on a Saturday, and ordered 2 fried shrimp subs and 2 sweet iced teas. The price of each sub was $8.75 and each cup of tea was $2.25. The food took 45 minutes to be served and it was cold. It was served with chips. The worst part was that when the bill came our sandwiches were priced at $10.75 a piece. When I asked to speak to the manager, a woman came to our table and stated that the price went up due to "the way things are today". When I pointed out that there was a price of $8.75 on the menu, she stated that at the bottom of the menu, it states that prices are subject to change. Well, I disputed this disclaimer, since that would mean nothing on the menu is priced correctly. The manager said with the market price fluctuations they cannot keep updating the menu prices. I told her that we should have been informed of the price increase when we ordered and she said she was sorry but that is the price. The service was horrible. The food was cold and skimpy-tasted like frozen boxed shrimp and the pricing was unscrupulous. I would never step foot in that place again, and if anyone does, don't say I didn't warn you!!!!!

2  Thank hottieSparks