“Best sushi in the area!”
Review of EDO Mae Sushi

EDO Mae Sushi
Ranked #31 of 142 Restaurants in Owings Mills
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I disagree strongly with the last reviewer. Ive eaten at all the edos and this is by far the best. The one near the safeway isnt very clean, this one is immaculate. The will modify anything for you (my wife is very picky). The have brown rice and riceless low cal rolls. The shumai are great and the Elegant maki with lobster and sweet potato is unbelievable. My wife would go there nightly just for their carrot banana salad dressing!!!

2  Thank wearytraveler68

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I each sushi once a week. I prefer Edo Sushi II by the Safeway, but Edo Mae Sushi this is more convenient and on my way home. The sushi has been fair at best. Last week I stopped by for a quick late lunch as I had an appointment to rush off to. I purchased takeout and when I got home, the sushi (Volcano Roll - my favorite) was horrible. It was inedible and I actually spit it out. It was so overcooked it tasted and felt like rubber in my mouth. I had to go to my apt hungry and stop later for something else to eat. I called the restaurant (which I never do) and let them know I had an issue and they asked me to bring the sushi back. Since I was on the road going to an appointment I let them know I couldn’t bring it back until the next day. After I hung up, I thought about this and called them back. I was already inconvenienced once with having to get another meal, and now they wanted me to bring it back? Bring back day old sushi from my trash can? I called them back again and asked for a refund of just that roll. They agreed, but said next time I would need to bring it back in. Well, I never got my refund.

The staff at this place are neutral to RUDE and the sushi varies from ok to really bad. You won’t see anyone smile and rarely will you get a thank you. Go around the corner to Edo Sushi II. The people are so friendly and the sushi has always been good.

Although this place is much more convenience, they will never see me at their restaurant again.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I didn't love sushi before this place. I liked it. But I didn't love it. Their maki is so fantastic, I have converted people to my sushi snobbery. The Black Dragon Roll melts in your mouth (shrimp tempura and Eel). I have also tried the crabcake roll, which has fresh real Maryland crab meat. It is very heavy (as crab usually is) so beware of that before ordering a bunch! ;) The Hana Sushi is huge and is fantastic. I often go to order their lunch special as it is cheaper (2 maki rolls and miso soup for $9). My children will eat here as well, which is saying a lot for my picky eaters! My best friend loves the volcano roll which has a red mayo-type sauce drizzled over it. The spicy tuna is also fantastic, it isn't fishy or chewy at all. The people who work here are grateful for your business.

My point is, now that I have eaten here, I can't just grab sushi anywhere because I now have a standard for it to live up to. I was visiting my sister in Greenwich, CT, and had sushi twice. It was so awful, I came home and went to Edo, just to remember what good sushi tastes like. I will be moving out of state soon, and the thing I will miss the most is EDO!! :)

(The timonium location is just as fantastic!)

2  Thank sarbear_k
Reviewed May 28, 2012

The people at this sushi restaurant are so welcoming every time we go. They even give you a nice warm towel to clean your hands before you eat, which is a thoughtful touch. The bento boxes are a great deal and they always contain a lot of tasty things and different components every day. As for the sushi, the ingredients are super fresh and high quality and it is definitely top quality. My only complaint is that they don't have a lot of innovative, different choices on the sushi menu. As a frequent sushi eater, I like to shake it up and try new flavors and combinations, but the offerings here are all pretty typical. Nonetheless, I have no qualms about recommeding it. You can count on having a good meal here.

2  Thank knoe
Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

Boring selection. Service is very good, location is good too. Rolls were tasteless. Nothing out of the ordinary or special, not worth the effort. I had the same experience at the Inner Harbor location as well.