“A Delicious Celebration Meal with Siblings”

Linwoods Due Catering
Reserve with OpenTable
Linwoods Due Catering is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 133 Restaurants in Owings Mills
Cuisines: American, French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: McDonogh Road
Description: Linwoods continues to be one of Baltimore's top restaurants striving to bring its customers fresh and creative cuisine and fine service in a warm, contemporary atmosphere. Linwood and Ellen Dame established this restaurant more than twenty years ago, and are involved in every detail of its daily operation. Linwoods is consistently recognized by Baltimore Magazine and the Zagat Guide as one of the city's best restaurants.
Owings Mills, Maryland
“A Delicious Celebration Meal with Siblings”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

This past weekend all three of my brothers and 2 sisters-in-law came to visit me from across the country. We did lots of fun activities in the area and had several meals out. The best meal we had was at Linwoods on Sunday evening. All seven of us agreed that the services was excellent, the food delicious, and the atmosphere outstanding.
It was nice to share our favorite "local" restaurant with family. They all wished they had a place as fabulous near them.
Linwoods was the first place Bill took me to dine when I joined him here from Illinois in January, 1996.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Salli W

Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Food and service”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

8 in our group, table ready as promised, Nick our waiter was great, good wines, some pricy , food was spectacular, we had 2 picky eaters in our group and they both were happy. The tuna tartar and fried calamari were great, soft shell crabs, sea bass. Nice elegant place, not too young of a crowd. Good for business, special night out, dress code elegant casual. They also have a large group area indoors, My third visit and no complaint yet.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Piragua
Maryland
“Awesome!!”
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Love this place. Great for a couples night out or a family gathering. I have never had a bad meal. The service is fantastic. I love the Shrimp Scampi Pizza.

Visited December 2013
New Windsor, Maryland
“A Nice Place To Celebrate Special Events”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Linwoods

A Nice Place To Celebrate Special Events

I ate at this place several years ago and was impressed with it. I had been wanting an excuse to go back so I could review it. That chance finally came the other evening when my friend invited me to join him in celebrating his 65th birthday. There were 16 in our group and they served us in a special event room with a limited menu. I selected the New York strip and ordered it medium rare. The waitress then said we automatically do them all medium rare for a large group. I found that preposterous as had she said ‘well done’ in lieu of ‘medium rare’ I would have switched to another dish. I don’t care who is paying for my meal when I go someplace nice I expect things exactly the way I like them. The tables were arranged into a large square with 4 people crammed together on each side of the square. It was a bit uncomfortable and the people at the opposite side of the table were too far away to chat with even though I wanted to catch up with all of them. I was seated in the opposite corner than the birthday boy and the worst place to be service wise. It started with the ice tea when the sweeteners were not visibly anywhere on the table even though they were being hogged by one of my friends out of my view point. Then the servers who were very obvious in removing all used plates and silverware asked if I would like another roll with my dinner to which I answered yes so she left my plate alone. There were only like 3 people that answered yes and when the other waitress with the rolls showed up she quickly tossed one each on the other 2 plates and disappeared leaving mine empty. My steak was cooked exactly the way I wanted it and was very tasty. It was served with creamed spinach and french fries. My 93 year old mother got the crab cakes which looked and smelled delicious when they were served. When I questioned her if she enjoyed them I got a I’ve had better out of her. Upon further questioning she said they weren’t bad just that they weren’t seasoned the way her or I would have done it. The other dinner choice was chicken which one person got and said they enjoyed having it. For desert I ordered a chocolate peanut butter concoction and when the waitress brought it I immediately asked for a cup of coffee. She advised me they would be coming around with it just as soon as all the deserts were out. They served the coffee first and then the tea and as everyone was drinking my cup was still empty. I got a bit testy and said what is this a dead corner or something? First the roll and now the coffee. The waitress heard me and came running over with the coffee saying she hadn’t forgotten me but that I was the last one on the end and she was just getting to me now. Let me remind you all the coffees were served first and all the teas were served before I got anything. The food was very good. The service was timely though spotty. We weren’t seated in the main dining room but as I recall it was a very comfortable place to dine.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Steven D
Baltimore
“Never disappointed”
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

We've been to Linwoods many times for random date nights and celebrations. We've never had a bad meal. I will say that, like any restaurant, they have some dishes that are better than others, but overall even their lesser dishes are still divine. And their better dishes? If I had a last meal on earth request, it would probably be their lobster tempura, followed by the sea bass, topped off with the peanut butter crunch dessert. Truly out of this world. I should also add that we've always had wonderful service. I had the choice of picking between the revered Woodberry Kitchen or here for my birthday dinner, and though I'm a huge fan of Woodberry and go there frequently, I chose Linwoods instead. I genuinely think the food is more consistently fabulous here.