“Possibly Roach Infested”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Lakeside Blvd
Description: We want to listen to the guests, and elevate the food and service. We want to exceed the expectations with our promise and motto. "La nostra promessa ... Noi vi stupira!
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Went with my hubby last night Jan. 2012. Sat in the bar and while eating my husband spotted a huge road crawling down the wall at our booth and disappeared. Needless to say we asked for the check. We alerted the bartender whom offered to look for the roach but we declined and hurriedly left. Usually, when you spot one roach there are plenty to follow similar to rats. Will not return. The owner was actually standing there in the bar and saw us tell the bartender of the roach. The owner did nothing. This surprised us. I would like to add that we were regular customers until last night. I would not recommend the American Bistro under any circumstances. Especially when the owner was there and did not provide an explanation nor give us the dinner as compensation.

1  Thank Beth L

Reviewed November 27, 2011

I went to American bistro with my friends .I always used to have awesome service but last time it was worse .I have decide my self I will never go to this place again . I ordered seafood alfredo. Alfredo sauce taste gross and the portion of the seafood wasn't enough.

1  Thank Kate4456
Reviewed November 5, 2011

I lived in New Town for almost 4 yr, and never came to this establishment, omg, what i was missing, we use a groupon/living social deal the first time, and in 2 weeks, ive been back 3 times, Ive even had my parents to go, the food is tasty, service was great, and atmosphere even better, quite tables for romantic dinner, or nice bar area, w/tvs, and light music!..our entrees included chic parm, seafood pasta, and chic tender meal for daughter, no complaints all the way around...will be going back soon!!

Reviewed October 2, 2011

The American Bistro has a nice Italian menu, with enough choices to satisfy any appetite. Warm, fresh baked bread is served before dinner, with seasoned olive oil. The wine selection has good variety, without beind overwhelming. I had the black and bleu penne pasta with blackened chicken... it was fantastic!

The atmosphere is well done for strip mall store front. The interior decoration, neat tables, and candle light make for a fine climate for dining.

1  Thank AmericanOdyssey
Reviewed September 14, 2011

food was very good. The grilled calamari is WONDERFUL.