“Cheese Grits and Food Watching!”
Review of Stone's Cove Kitbar - CLOSED

Stone's Cove Kitbar
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Boulevard Circle
Transit: Reisterstown & Strawhat N/B
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I liked the atmosphere here very much, and the fact that you can see the servers making your food makes you feel better about the cleanliness of the place. Our food was good, and it seemed fresh. The cheese grits were phenomenal, and I would go back again for just those!

Jack B, Owner at Stone's Cove Kitbar, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Thanks for the wonderful review and 4 stars!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The food here is yummy! I visited today for lunch and was impressed. A very nice atmosphere which looks to be nice for a happy hour too, reasonable prices and a nice variety on the menu. The service was great. Several of the staff interacted with us - not just one server.

I had the shrimp and grits. Not only was the presentation great, it tasted great too. My friend order a burger and it was so perfectly seasoned. I'll definitely be back because I want to try other things on the menu.

Jack B, Owner at Stone's Cove Kitbar, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for your thoughtful 4 star review. Glad to hear that you enjoyed our innovative menu selections and that our staff was attentive and engaging. We'll continue to work hard and hope you give us a 5 star review after your next visit.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We were pretty excited to try this place out as its a completely different concept to what we are used to. Unfortunately it didn't pan out.

The server we had, Anastasia, was very slow and came off as in-attentive. She seemed nice enough when we saw her. Coupled with a slow "kitchen" and it made for a long Thursday night dinner.

The food itself looked nothing like what is pictured on the website. The portions were very tiny, as an example the Lobster Cone appetizer, each cone, there was four, were bite size. For $11 that's a bit extreme unless they taste amazing. They didn't. For entrees we had a flatbread and a steak. The flatbread was thick, nearly tasteless and got soggy before we had a chance to finish it, which we didn't. My steak was over cooked, I asked for medium rare and I got medium well (such a thin steak I wasn't surprised). The jalapeño side had no spice, and was red!? We were planning on dessert, but passed.

On the way home we decided on two stars. An hour later after a few bathroom visits I decided that was being too generous. Definitely will never go back (we decided that during our long wait with empty plates and no Anastasia in sight) and will tell our friends not to go there either. Luckily, we haven't lived here long and don't know a lot of people.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We went on a Sunday night at 7pm without a reservation. There were plenty of seats, as the restaurant was mostly empty.
There were 4 of us. We were seated at the counter seating which was very comfortable. The first server to approach told us the specials and took our drink order. We started with the lemon stick martini (tasted like the half lemon with a peppermint stick in it that you get at fairs), a stella artois on draft, miller light, and a Raven's martini (tasted like a grape drink) on special for $7 with $1 going to the brigancebrigade.org/ foundation benefiting people living with ALS.
For appetizers we had the lobster cones and blue crab margarita lettuce wraps. Both were good but my daught had the wraps and said that she thought she might enjoy them better if it was a warm salad instead of cold. The wraps come with on the side a lime sugar and agave mayonnaise sauce that you use to roll the wraps yourself.
For dinners we had the prime rib chili and the matlock beef hotdog, greek salad, tequila glazed tilapia, and seared flat iron steak. The chili comes with sides of green peppers, sour cream, and cheese that you can add. The greek salad had a nice tasting dressing and the tilapia came with a good coconut rice. The steak was cooked to order and flavorful.
Other drinks we had were a Woodchuck amber cider, sprite and iced tea. We chose not to have dessert.
Our bill total before tip was $125.
Our overall impression was that the food was good but portions were small for the money. The atmosphere was very pleasant but because this is a kitchen-bar restaurant, be prepared to have your clothes and hair smell like the griddle (like how you smell after leaving a Japanese steak house).
Although other reviews stated that many employees kept bugging them about their meal, we did not have too many. Our server was not overly attentive, but we never were looking for her and waiting. I would say she came around just the right amount, she was very pleasant. My daughter had visited when they first opened in the summer and her server told her that the hostesses make the same amount as the servers, so just remember when tipping that the servers have to tip out to the hostesses as well.
There are other places in the area that we could have gotten more food that is as good and even better, for a lot less money, so I don't see us rushing back. But we will go again, I'm sure, when we are looking for a light meal.

Jack B, Owner at Stone's Cove Kitbar, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thanks for visiting the Kitbar and taking the time to write a review. We are working on some very new and interesting items for the menu and hope you'll stop back and give them a try.

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I went there with my boyfriend when it first opened. We sat at the table with two other couples. I had a great time meeting them, so the concept itself is pretty cool. However, the food is eh. I got the lobster cones, and some steak dish. My boyfriend go the burger. The cones were decent, but not special. The steak was flavorless. The burger was pretty good...better than my meal. I'd rather go to one of the other restaurants in the area.

Jack B, Owner at Stone's Cove Kitbar, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and give us 4 stars. We are introducing new menu items weekly and will have a broader number of menu selections later this year. I hope you give us another try in the Fall..