“Not good”

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #59 of 141 Restaurants in Owings Mills
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Coconut shrimp were awful,always have them they were my favorite.I spent 40.00 with a ribeye full of grissle no salad offered asked for bread,got none,would of liked a refill on my soda,did not happen.I realize only 2 bartenders on and 2 people sitting at the bar I was one.Bartender did get his shift covered for the next day. He was happy "SCORE" he said.yes score me out for never again.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The food was good. In fact I would say excellent. Unfortunately the experience was ruined by poor service. Server was pleasant but was either really late with, or forgot completely, any request that we had. But here is my major complaint: our family of five was seated in a six person booth (good so far). The group that was seated next to us was more than that booth could accommodate, so they seated a woman on the end of their booth in a chair that they brought over. Not only was her back against our table, but she was blocking the only way out for anyone sitting against the wall. There were plenty of tables available and I would have thought that they would simply pull two of them together. Really made for an uncomfortable experience.
I will dine at Outback again, but not this one.

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Outback is not on my frequent list, and I've only been to this location a handful of times.

My wife and I went yesterday and we had a mediocre experience. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything to write home about either. The menu was nice, and the food was pretty good but the service left a little something to be desired.

Our waiter wasn't the one who brought out our food. When I was asked "would you like anything else?" I replied "yes" and was met with an eye roll. I proceeded to ask for ketchup, which never came. I had to ask someone else to get it and by then my burger was cold.

We went during lunch, and the lunch prices are decent. We will be back in the future, since it's not far from our house.

Food is worth checking it out if you are in the area.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We arrived and put our name on the list, we had a party of three - we were told the wait was bout 25 minutes. We waited 45. During that time, there were two booths on one side that simply needed cleaned and reset. On the other side, a couple of tables in the same condition. About 30 minutes in, I inquired about the wait time, and I was told they were "setting up a bunch of tables now, shouldn't be more than 10 minutes" - why does it take 10 minutes to reset a table, and why aren't they resetting tables as they are needed and seating people as they are waiting? During the next 10 minutes, there was no 'resetting', in fact, there was no action at all. About 35 minutes in, an elderly lady who had been waiting with her husband long before us went up to the hostess and complained about the fact that there were tables available, and that they needed to reset one and seat them. There were several people waiting a long time. I had the urge to do inquire much the same, but we decided to wait another 5 minutes, and in the end we did what someone else who had been waiting a long time did - we left. During that entire time, one server made multiple appearances up front with the hostess and fraternized with her, and many servers were seen having side conversation - not a lot of table resetting going on. We decided to leave, and when we did, those two booths I previously mentioned, were still waiting to be cleaned and reset, and people who were there before us were still waiting for a seat. It appeared as if nobody there knew what they were doing, or if they cared.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I'm rating yesterday's meal as "poor" because of the service, not the food. We've been dining at Outback Steakhouse all over the place for 20+ years, about 2-3 times a month. I've never had bad food and only had bad service twice.

Yesterday we ate at Outback in Owings Mills, MD. The hostess asked if we wanted to dine in the bar area, which was strange because the restaurant was only half-filled. We accepted. After our "experience", we felt she seated us there to help her server friends in that area get customers.

We sat for 10 minutes at an unclean table before our server showed up Jonathan H. He wiped the table and took our drink orders. We presented a coupon for a free appetizer. He brought the drinks later but no silverware. We never saw him again until he brought the check, which was not correct - he didn't remove the price of the appetizer. When we pointed it out to him, his response was "oh. ok."

We never saw him the entire meal. The person who brought the appetizer said they would bring us silverware but never did. My husband got it himself from the hostess station. We needed drink refills, but no Jonathan. Someone else brought our food and we asked them for refills. Nobody ever came to see if we needed anything during our meal.

A woman who appeared to be a manager of some sort stood at the bar and chatted our entire meal. Usually the manager approaches tables and asks how things are.

Don't want to bring race into this but ... Owings Mills is a predominantly black area. Many of the employees here are black, including the hostess and including our server. Our server was present in the area and waited a lot on other black customers and returned to their tables frequently. We were white ... and we sat 10 minutes after being seated before anyone approached us, we had to get our own silverware, and ask someone other than our server for drink refills and had to ask for our check, which was incorrect.

I will continue to visit Outback, just not the Owings Mills outback.

2  Thank lasoul