“Great Bar B Q”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Ohio
“Great Bar B Q”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

I had never been to this chain. I went there with my brother and sister on a visit and enjoyed it a lot. I shared the St Louis and baby back ribs with my sister. While the St Louis ribs were more meaty, I enjoyed both styles. They had many sauces, including sweet, regular, tangy, mustard, hot and real hot... I mix the regular, sweet and mustard and it was very good. My brother got brisket which he said was very good- this place is one of his favorites. We also got some brisket tips as an appetizer which was disappointing- very fatty. I recommend the St Louis ribs very much

• Visited August 2014

Manchester, Md
“SLOWWW”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Food was as good as Dave's ever is but this was the slowest I've been served in years. The Hunt Valley location is much better.

Baltimore, Maryland, USA
“Famous Daves”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The food was great. The server was very attentive to my children and I. The service was prompt and the food was delicious. We plan on going back there soon

Visited December 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“not a fun evening”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

went here around 3pm Sunday 12/15/2013.Four of our party of 7 were early we let the front know there would be 7 of us.As soon as the rest of our party arrived we informed the front.15 minutes later were still not seated.The folks up front were standing around talking.We were going to leave when a manager came up and asked if we were ready to be seated,my expained we had told the front 15 minutes earlier.After this we were seated in minutes.The server was nice and polite but very slow.She would take an order and disappear for a stretch of time.It took awhile for the food to come out.We have eaten at other Famous dave's and we were not impressed with the food at this one.We will not be back.

• Visited December 2013
Scarsdale, New York
“I Couldn't Give it 3 1/2 Stars so I Rounded Up”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

I travel a lot and I tend to eat at the chains for one and only one very simple reason. You know what you are going to get.

You might scroll down my list of reviews and find that, with the exception of the old Gaithersburg, MD location, I like Famous Dave's. This is the 4th Dave's outlet that I've been to and it was just a touch below my favorite one in Germantown, MD.

My major complaint about Famous Dave's, in general, is that they bring the food out too quickly and this store was no exception to that. My other issue is that, for whatever reason, they don't really train the wait staff - I asked for balsamic vinegar with my salad so the server brought balsamic vinaigrette dressing. I pointed out to her that I had asked for balsamic vinegar so she brought me a bottle of red wine vinegar. So once again I said balsamic vinegar and she looked at me as if I were speaking Latin. Why oh why can't management tell their young wait staff what balsamic vinegar is and if a waiter doesn't quite know what the customer is asking for, to just ask the chef??

Anyway, the food measured up to the usual Famous Dave's standard. The barbecued chicken breast was done very well and the burnt ends were good but truly not quite burnt enough. Every time I go to Dave's I get the baked beans and the collard greens as my side dishes and these were as good as at other Dave's outlets.

It's a good barbecue place but not the best FD's.

• Visited November 2013