“Comfort food - pancakes to die for!”
Review of Granny's Resturant - CLOSED

Granny's Resturant
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Great pancakes, sausage and other breakfast items. Very busy - expect a wait! I might need to go back and try non breakfast foods too (the fried chicken looked GREAT!).

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and I make Granny's our breakfast stop on occasion after Sunday morning service. The staff are always friendly and make you feel right at home. Yes, if you happen to get there during peak eating times expect a little wait. However that should be a signal to you that the food is outstanding. One of my early morning favorites is their homemade french toast and throw in a bowl of their creamy grits and I'm in heaven. Oh and let's not forget the corn bread and the sweet tea! Take heed, the portions are large and the wife and I always wind up taking part of our meal home. So if you appetite yearns for a home style breakfast or brunch, check out Granny's.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Each time I go to MD I make my way to Granny's. The food is outstanding and the customer service it top notch. I have not had chicken wings fried to perfection like theirs. The peach habanero wings are scrumptious. All the sides are delicious. If you like Arnold Palmer (tea and lemonade), I have never one mixed so well.

Now to top things off, every Friday night they have live jazz.by Isaac Parham and Friends. Tim Jones, the base player happens to be a friend of mine. This time they had a 24 year old keyboard player that is way beyond his years as a musician. They are a must see.

Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited in Sunday evening about 5p. After being told a 10 min wait we decided to try the signature drink at the bar. Since there was no bartender in site the host offered to retrieve her, well she couldn't find her and just went back to her station. Two manager looking type employees walked past us with no drinks twice, they just smiled. Finally the bartender came and was very pleasant and the sangria we had was awesome. Once we were seated we realized why it took 15mins to be seated... Not! There was plenty of seating throughout. The meal was excellent! Catfish and pork chops were well seasoned, the sides were perfectly portioned, we could only eat half. Two entrees, 3 sangrias and $69 later $85 including tip, we came to the conclusion it wasn't really worth it.

1  Thank bmoreprettygirl
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I came in Friday after work for happy hour with a friend. First I must say I always get great service because I sit at the bar, there is never a wait there. Tabitha is GREAT! I do have to say I agree with the other reviewers that the wait to be seated is really long (sitting at the bar you see all of the people waiting to be seated). They have a wide variety of food, it's authentic soul food that is absolutely delicious. The food is a little pricey, so expect to spend over $30 for your meal and drink. Overall, I haven't ever had a bad experience there and I have been there quite a few times.