“Great food and great service!”
Review of Granny's Resturant - CLOSED

Granny's Resturant
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great food and great service!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and I make Granny's our breakfast stop on occasion after Sunday morning service. The staff are always friendly and make you feel right at home. Yes, if you happen to get there during peak eating times expect a little wait. However that should be a signal to you that the food is outstanding. One of my early morning favorites is their homemade french toast and throw in a bowl of their creamy grits and I'm in heaven. Oh and let's not forget the corn bread and the sweet tea! Take heed, the portions are large and the wife and I always wind up taking part of our meal home. So if you appetite yearns for a home style breakfast or brunch, check out Granny's.

Altamonte Springs, Florida
“OUTSTANDIND FOOD and live jazz”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Each time I go to MD I make my way to Granny's. The food is outstanding and the customer service it top notch. I have not had chicken wings fried to perfection like theirs. The peach habanero wings are scrumptious. All the sides are delicious. If you like Arnold Palmer (tea and lemonade), I have never one mixed so well.

Now to top things off, every Friday night they have live jazz.by Isaac Parham and Friends. Tim Jones, the base player happens to be a friend of mine. This time they had a 24 year old keyboard player that is way beyond his years as a musician. They are a must see.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Wait time awful, pricey”
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited in Sunday evening about 5p. After being told a 10 min wait we decided to try the signature drink at the bar. Since there was no bartender in site the host offered to retrieve her, well she couldn't find her and just went back to her station. Two manager looking type employees walked past us with no drinks twice, they just smiled. Finally the bartender came and was very pleasant and the sangria we had was awesome. Once we were seated we realized why it took 15mins to be seated... Not! There was plenty of seating throughout. The meal was excellent! Catfish and pork chops were well seasoned, the sides were perfectly portioned, we could only eat half. Two entrees, 3 sangrias and $69 later $85 including tip, we came to the conclusion it wasn't really worth it.

1 Thank bmoreprettygirl
Baltimore, Maryland
“Fantastic food and drinks”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I came in Friday after work for happy hour with a friend. First I must say I always get great service because I sit at the bar, there is never a wait there. Tabitha is GREAT! I do have to say I agree with the other reviewers that the wait to be seated is really long (sitting at the bar you see all of the people waiting to be seated). They have a wide variety of food, it's authentic soul food that is absolutely delicious. The food is a little pricey, so expect to spend over $30 for your meal and drink. Overall, I haven't ever had a bad experience there and I have been there quite a few times.

• Visited May 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Not my Momma's cooking...”
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Well, I'll start w/ the wait... it was bad. I was told 25 mins. It took 50 mins. and then discovered that they gave my table away after I told the hostess that I would be standing outside the doors in the vestibule b/c it was extremely crowded in the front of the restaurant. When one hostess attempted to get nonchalant w/ me, another hostess asked if I'd like to be seated in the lounge area. I told her yes and thanked her for calming me down (I was agitated). Within 10 mins she got me a table. My waitress was exceptional (Alana). She helped me and my guests tremendously with getting around the menu so we would get what we would enjoy. I ordered a seafood dinner that consist of a broiled crabcake, tilapia, grilled shrimp on a kabob, candied yams, mac 'n cheese and green beans. The meal wasn't bad, but it wasn't my Momma's cooking and I couldn't help but to compare it. Yams wasn't bad, but could have been canned and the green beans were french cut and I've never had french cut beans from scratch, if u know what I mean. The mac 'n cheese needed more seasoning, salt mainly. My friend had collard greens (they looked like Glory greens from the can). I'm pretty picky and I realize that so I'm not going to slam the meal too badly. The meal was expensive though for it not to be great ($30). The drinks (alcohol mixed) were good but expensive. But where it went wrong was when we ordered dessert. I ordered brown sugar pound cake w/ butter pecan ice cream. I didn't like it. My waitress was kind enough to order me something else... pineapple upside down cake. That was even worst. Everyone @ my table was testing the dessert as we were sharing, no one liked the desserts. Management came to visit our table and I put on a smile as I didn't want to offend him b/c he is a relative of Granny (omg). He talked about how it is difficult to compare to indivduals ideas of home cooking and that they try their best to hit the mark. I appreciated him taking the time to talk and laugh with us. He was very nice and professional and removed the desserts from our bill. I would come back and maybe try something else on the menu at a later date.

• Visited April 2013