“Wonderful New Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Owings Mills
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Owings Mills
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was passing through the Baltimore area and spent 1 night at the new Hampton Inn in Owings Mills, MD, just off of I 795. The property is brand new and sparkling!! Staff couldn't be more helpful and rooms are large and lovely. Breakfast was delicious, a good selection of items, even freshly made waffles. Have stayed at other properties nearby, even those closer to costlier inner harbor but worth traveling here for a good night's stay.

Room Tip: I honestly do not think there is a bad room at this property.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Very clean conveniently located right off major road and 2 minutes from public transportation to Baltimore. The breakfast was very good with lots of hot choices such as cheese omelets , waffles, French toast, meats, and oatmeal. A great selection of bagels, breads, and muffins too. The front desk staff were not overly friendly, and seem to be suspicious of our teenage son who was approached about his room # and who he was staying with. Also they have a policy in which they hold an extra $160.00 ( in our case it was taken from our debit therefore the money was cashed) for any incidentals that you may Incur. However this was not told to us when booking the hotel or when we checked in. My hubby found out when he was checking our account on - line and noticed the extra money missing. Information that should have been told to us up front. A little overpriced,but a typical Hampton Inn -clean and restful.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Check in time is 3:00pm. I arrived at 1:00pm. I was thrilled to be checked in early and went to my room. I opened the door and there was a woman in the room! When I returned to the front desk, the "client service" representatives didn't seem to care. Oops. Sorry. We'll get you a new room. The hotel does not offer room servce, but there was a list of restaurants in my room. I was very excited about one particular restaurant, drove there, and found out it had closed down almost a year prior. I returned to my room to find neither key worked. Yet another trip to the "we don't care" lobby. I finally got back to my room where someone was working in the hallway. While attempting to nap, I listened to 1.5 hours of banging noises. Additionally, I was the third to last room from the end of the hall and I could still hear the elevator. Horrible!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Not one of the better Hamptons I've ever stayed in. Bathroom was a bit dirty and the breakfast was so-so. Not the standard I'd expect from Hampton. Also, it was a bit noisy in the hotel as you could hear doors slamming at all hours.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Luckily this hotel had rooms available the weekend of my friend's wedding. It was a 30 minute drive to the venue, but worth the drive because the hotel had... -Complimentary breakfast with a waffle maker -Very comfortable mattress and pillow, including a freshly washed duvet cover. - Nice bathroom with make-up remover cloth! - Staff seemed shy, but helpful if I had any questions.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I forgotten how pleasant Hampton Hotels are. The staff were extremely helpful, and did their utmost to make our large party comfortable. Their beds and pillows made me feel as though I was sleeping on clouds. The business and internet rooms were set up nicely. Their roomy bathrooms made me appreciate not having to sit on the toilet to close the bathroom door. The only constructive criticism I would give is on the quality and limited selection for breakfast. That is an area that could use some improvement. overall my stay was pleasant and I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed for a quick business trip during the week. Hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly. Used the hotel gym which was extremely equipped and in great shape. Continental breakfast was very good in the morning. Overall great experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Residence Inn Baltimore Owings Mills
DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore / Woodlawn

Been to Hampton Inn Owings Mills? Share your experiences!