“the best food EVER!!! hands down!!!!”

Artful Gourmet Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Artful Gourmet Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 142 Restaurants in Owings Mills
Cuisines: International
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lakeside Blvd.
Description: Enjoy a contemporary, upscale eatery in the heart of Owings Mills. Join us to experience the best in Bistro Dining- sophisticated cuisine, artful ambience, personal service and a full array of wine and cocktails to complement the market fresh fare. Serving lunch and dinner from an eclectic gourmet menu, there is a dish to satisfy every palate. Join us in our dining room or patio, or call ahead for a great carryout meal.
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I loved everything about this place, the food was like art and it taste like heaven! the waiter was awesome and he kept a smile and he was so nice. We had a large party but he never broke a sweat! I'm actually thinking about coming back to MD on my personal time just to eat here and I'm 2 hours away! loved it!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We had been to the Artful Gourmet Bistro on one other occassion and were pleasantly surprised at how good the food was! We decided to give it another try and the food was as good if not better than our first visit. The place is very colorful and inviting and the staff is very helpful and pleasant. If you can, ask for Paul.....he was our waiter and was so pleasant and helpful. Great Personality!
The food was delicious and HOT! So good! Everything we had was wonderful including the desserts! OH YEAH! Don't leave without trying the desserts. The Pimlico Cake is amazing!
Overall, our experience was E X C E L L E N T! I guess You get the picture! We will definetely be back!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I had read the reviews but was still wondering if the high rating was compared to other restaurants in the area. To my surprise the dinner I had, as well as my 3 guests, was amazing. Our rating is not in comparison to area restaurants, since our party included people party from LA and NYC, but based on our diverse experiences with fine restaurants. We each selected different entrees and equally ranked them as oustanding. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Not from the area but I had lunch here once about a year ago. I remembered it being a great place and decided to go back with a friend while in the area for business. I had high expectations and was looking forward to a nice relaxing lunch. Unfortunately...it was far from relaxing! In fact, right from the start it was rather confusing. No one in the front to greet guests and explain the lay of the land. The couple in front of us told us you order at the counter and pointed to the back of the restaurant. I preferred to be waited on so this was a huge negative for me. So... I kinda felt rushed to order rather than hold up the line. So far this was not the relaxing lunch as I visioned. I ordered the special salad of the day which was with coconut shrimp ($15). My friend ordered a salad also. Both meals came with a soda. I don't drink soft drinks and asked for coffee...but no...coffee was extra. The one girl offered me the coffee anyway which would have been nice if she remembered to bring it to me like she promised. We took our number for our table (that is how they find you when your order is ready). You are given a cup for beverage and a crowded little area is where you fill it. Once we sat down we realized we did not have napkins or silverware. Had to get up to get those...but the bins were empty...had to find someone to refill the silverware. Sat down again and forgot to get a straw for my water....up again. By this point I just gave up on reminding the girl about my coffee. My salad was okay. The 3 scallops were very good. Overall I thought a $15 salad should have wow'd me. Our bill was over $30 and I did not think the value, nor dining experience was worth it. I guess I have to find a new place when in the area.

Julie R, Owner at Artful Gourmet Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Hello Shersei,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent experience dining with us for lunch. We regret that we did not meet your expectations for service. We will review your feedback with our staff to ensure that stocking and service are maintained during peak dining hours. Our lunch service format in the main dining room is a more casual, counter service arrangement to accommodate a faster lunch option for those on a lunch break or seeking a causal meal. We do offer full table service during lunch on the bar side of the restaurant. I apologize if the sign in the front was not clear regarding the options for lunch dining. The entire restaurant is also full service during dinner hours as well. We hope that you will return and give us the opportunity to serve you again and exceed your expectations for your meal. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Selection was amazing. Multi-page menu with international cuisine. Would return without a doubt. Great service as well.