“The taste of my hometown”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Grace Garden

Grace Garden
Ranked #10 of 56 Restaurants in Odenton
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Odenton, Maryland
“The taste of my hometown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

I am a local Sichuaness, just have been in States for half a month, unfortunately, I have already started missing the spicy favor of my hometown.I tried one so-called Sichuan Restaurant last week,which is very disappointing. It was my first time had been to Grace Garden with my husband, the boss is so nice after I explained where I am from,he offered us extra spicy flavor on my dishes. I ordered two typical Sichuan dishes, 水煮牛肉 and 辣子鸡丁,the flavor is so similar to the taste back home. I really enjoyed the meal!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Hermione C

Stockton, California
“Hidden gem.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Never would have guessed that this place would be so good by the look of the place, but it was absolutely delicious. Authentic menu and Western menu as well. Some items on the menu have to ordered 2 or 3 days ahead of time.

Frederick, Maryland
“Don't Judge a Book by its Cover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Grace Garden is the type of place that my Chinese husband and I would never look at twice.
This approximately 10-table restaurant is in a small strip mall in an area that is devoid of good Asian restaurants. BUT, based on a blog that my husband read and always in search of a good Chinese eatery, we made the hour-plus trip from our home to try it, inviting our two sons also to make a long trek to eat with us, None of us regret the journeys! Ignore the absolute non-descript (although clean) decor (just what one would expect from the exterior) and concentrate on the food. Don't even look at the American menu, but ask for the traditional Chinese menu (a mixture of mild Cantonese and spicy Sichuan dishes), and you will be in for a real treat. We all agreed that the fish noodle (yes, noodles made from fish) was a real standout, followed closely but the Taiwanese chopped fish and pork dish (somewhat spicy). The Empress Chicken at $26 is well worth the cost but does need to be ordered 2 days in advance. The Ha-Ka Tofu (one of many tofu dishes listed) is delicious - fried tofu squares stuffed with pork in a flavorful brown bean sauce. I can't wait to try some of their other tofu dishes, especially the Ma-Po tofu (tofu with a shrimp paste in a crab sauce) which is one of my favorites from other restaurants. We also had stir-fried chives as a vegetable and the very spicy dish described as pork belly with rice powder. The service provided by the owner-chef's wife and is friendly and helpful.

• Visited July 2012
Gambrills, Maryland
“Ask for the Special Menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

They serve Americanized Chinese food but ask for the Eastern Menu to try real Chinese food-especially the fish noodles. Make sure you tell them MILD if you don't want to burn your mouth.

annapolis, md
“Did Take-out and we will be back.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

Annapolis does not have good Chinese restaurants. We have given up enjoying this cuisine unless we are traveling. The places here all suffer from the same approach: too sweet, too much fried foods, no spice, and little or no authenticity.

Thank goodness for Grace Garden - really fresh ingredients, well seasoned, and well executed. No mystery meats are used, or fillers like celery and enormous slices of onion. The Mongolian Beef was tender, delicately sauced, and served with just spring onions. The spicy house special chicken, was a hefty sized portion with nice chunks of sauteed meat and chiles.

I look forward to trying the various other items especially from the traditional Chinese menu. At last, we can enjoy this cuisine again.

• Visited February 2012