“The Absolute Best Thai Food Around”

Bangkok Kitchen Thai Restaurnt
Ranked #8 of 61 Restaurants in Odenton
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

We found this place by doing a search online and so glad we went. There are vegetarian and vegan options as well however, there isn’t a speedster kids menu but there’s more than enough to share. Our family usually orders a few options and share-family style dining. So glad we stopped by.

Reviewed March 18, 2018

What a lucky find! We found out the restaurant our group of 6 was headed for was unexpectedly shut down due to a fire so we detoured to this restaurant, a place we thought would not be too crowded on St Patricks. So we detoured to a strip mall on 175 near Ft Meade.

We ended up having a great meal in unpretentious surroundings, with a quiet atmosphere in which we could hold a group conversation, and thankfully did not have to worry the Singha would be green. My single criticism is the menu design. The layout is confusing, and needs rearranging. It starts with desserts and the back page has the house specialties. The appetizers are on page 3. This disorganization really startled this former menu designer, and I found it hard to focus on ordering!

There were plenty of vegetarian options for our dining companions, but we meat eaters were in for a treat. As shared appetizers, we ordered Larb Gai, and the ground chicken was perfectly spiced with mint leaves, red onion slivers, scallions, chilis, cilantro and lime juice. The cool iceberg lettuce leaves underneat cut the heat factor. Tiger Cried, a dish I’d never encountered before, was also very good. Strips of grilled sirloin are served with the type of hot/sweet sauce that the Thai have mastered. As a nod to the vegetarians, we also had dumplings, and the papaya salad was as good as any I fell in love with in Thailand.

The signature dish is the Honey Roasted Duck, served crispy with basil leaves and chili peppers, and it did not disappoint. That dish put this place on my radar for when I’m out and about in this area. My husband loves curries and was enthusiastic with the Panang Duck with pineapple. The red curry sauce was so good that even after the morsels were gone, we continued to ladle the sauce over rice. The Drunken Noodles were very tasty, wide noodles fried with chicken, broccoli, basil and chilis in a darkly sweet soy sauce. Our vegetarian friend enjoyed her fried tofu curry. In all the dishes we sampled, the spicing was perfectly balanced, with none of the spices being overwhelming as heat for hot’s sake.

For dessert, we ordered 2 plates of mango sticky rice. The mango was very ripe, and very sweet, the perfect sweet bite ending to this gourmet meal.

Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

Go here frequently for take out for both work and home

They do a great job on our large orders and have not had a single mix up that I can remember.

Food is always tasteful and delicious.

When you ask for Thai spicy make sure you know what you are asking for as they will spice your food to your liking.

Buffet during the week is also great and allows you to sample various dishes

Reviewed May 22, 2017

I wrote an earlier review shortly after there was a change in ownership and this is a follow-up. My personal favorites here are the Goong Phuket and the Drunken Noodle. Under the new management I do find I need to stress that I want it !THAI SPICY!. Sometimes I say "just like mom would make it" and that works too ;-) The Goong Phuket always comes out a bit hotter than the Drunken Noodle, but that is consistent with what is indicated on the menu with a "heat guide". Under the prior management I ALWAYS saw the same cook and the dishes were always very consistent. I believe there are now two cooks, since the dishes do seem to have a slight variance from visit to visit. I still have not tried everything on the menu with the new folks, but everything so far has been really excellent. This is still some of the best Thai around!

Reviewed March 16, 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I were looking for Thai food near BWI airport and this place got good reviews. Unprepossessing setting right on the road (parking in the back is a better choice than the spots on the road in front) and a dark interior. We chose to skip the lunch buffet and ordered off the menu. The gang jae (tofu and vegetables in red curry) was fantastic, as was a similar yellow curry dish. I would go out of my way to eat there again.