“Quick lunch. Or so we thought.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Plaza Tapatia

Plaza Tapatia
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Quick lunch. Or so we thought.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

We aren't from around the area and as we came in for day 1 of vacation we wanted a quick lunch before grocery shopping next door. We ordered a large guacamole for a starter and were brought a small one. I ordered a chicken fajita salad and was brought steak. My mom ordered chicken hard tacos and was brought soft. My dad ordered a guacamole salad and was brought a half cup of shredded lettuce on a plate with 2 tablespoons of guacamole. Nothing about this place was appetizing. I love tex-mex and go about once a week at home but this place was very disappointing. Wouldn't return...

• Visited July 2013

York, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great night with family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

We had a great experience, the food was excellent and the staff was great. Food served in a timely fashion and was delicious! So happy that there is an excellent Mexican restaurant in the area and will be back many more times!

• Visited July 2013
berlin md
“Disappointment at Plaza Tapatia”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

We have frequented this restaurant many times over the past years and have never had an experience such as the one we had last week. We invited a group of friends to join us for Mariachi night and planned to have a wonderful evening. Well, needless to say, it was a complete disaster. The poor server had no idea how to take care of a group and had food and drinks arriving at separate times. The drink orders were confused and only half of us received what we had ordered. The food was mediocre for sure and my husband was served his dinner after everyone else had eaten. We had a young child with us and his dinner arrived when we were almost ready to leave.
My husband visited the restaurant subsequent to this to discuss the matter. He was told that it would be referred to the manager and he would call him to see exactly what had happened. They also informed my husband that it was a new chef and it was his first night! No one ever called and it has been almost a week now so I do not think they will.
We will not be visiting this restaurant again and would certainly not recommend it to anyone.
Based on this I do not think we will return.

Vero Beach, Florida
“Food's Gone Downhill - New Chef”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Went recently to Plaza Tapatia again in Ocean Pines. First time ever there we were disappointed. Server got half the orders, including drinks wrong. And the food was not great. Chicken fajitas came out dry and barely warm. Talked to someone there who said it was a new chef. Apparently not wo good. Did experience their mariachi band which visits once a month and is wonderful. So the night was not completely bad.

Ocean Pines, MD
“Good Happy Hour Prices - Dinner Was Ok”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We are locals and finally decided to try Plasa Tapatia for dinner. Went early on Monday evening so no wait for a table. First, the happy hour prices and drinks are fine. I have steak and shrimp fajitas. They were kind of dry, but ok. My wife had taco salad and it was good. I have had better mexican meals at Cactus Cafe and in Montgomery County, but would go back for another meal. It would be a good place to take a large family as they have an extensive menu and prices are low.