“Not going back”

Plaza Tapatia
Ranked #5 of 10 Restaurants in Ocean Pines
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Our first experience at the Ocean Pines location will be our last. The place had been packed since first opening, so we decided to give it a try with another couple. After a reasonable wait, we were seated and had a drink and appetizer order taken. Our drinks came but the appetizer did not. We waited another 20 minutes to flag down our server to take our order. After another 10 minutes, we asked for the appetizer again (guacamole dip which finally arrived as a green, soupy mix of onions). As we talked and finished our drinks, we noticed that the other tables seated after us, had received their food and were asking for checks. Our server was spotted chatting up some other servers near the bar. We finally flagged him down and notified him that we had been waiting 40 minutes for food. He said, "oh, really?" and ran off to the kitchen. Ten minutes later, he returned with our food. It was lukewarm and clearly reheated. Our server obviously forgot to place our order, but no apologies, no offer of dessert, no visit by a Manager, and no discount on the check. We just wanted to get out of there to grab dinner elsewhere. Quality service could have turned this visit around.

1  Thank JulietOC

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I was happy to see this place open for business in the old Marina Deck building. Until now there was no where close to Ocean Pines to get a good Mexican meal at a reasonable price. Happy Hour on Monday through Thursday features draft beer and margaritas at great prices (27 ounce XX draft for $3).
We went on a Wednesday night in January and it was packed, there was a 30 minute wait for a table, but the drink special and Mariachi band made the wait tolerable. While waiting I spoke to the manager or owner, im not sure which, He said " My philosophy is to serve good food at reasonable prices and keep happy customers coming back."

Our waitress brought fresh chips, salsa and a white dip. I had the "Chilaquiles Mexicanos" and my wife had the Taco Salad, both meals were the perfect size and full of great authentic flavor. The staff was efficient and alert, both the waitress and another manager asked if everything was ok.

I read reviews of the other Mexican place (laha) near by, and it was no surprise to see so many dissatisfied customers. I haven't eaten there but only because I was totally disappointed with a $18 burrito at their Ocean City location.