“My Favorite Vacation Spot!”
Review of Ocean City

Sponsored by:
Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sponsored by:
MD
50 helpful votes
“My Favorite Vacation Spot!”
Reviewed April 23, 2010

Ocean City, MD - wow what a great vacation spot. Ocean, Sun, Sand, Surf, Food, Activities - too much to list.

Family Friendly - There are so many activities for kids of all ages, from mini-golf, to shopping, to swimming, to arcardes, to rides. Our family's favorite activities: Mini Golf at Old Pro, Arcade at the Inlet, Jolly Roger, Speed World, and FishTales.

Bars - Can't say enough about the bar options in OC. Our favorites are Green Turtle - North, FishTales, Pirate's Den, and of course, Seacrets!

Restaurants - Every taste will be satisfied in OC. Chinese, American, Mexican, Japanese, you name it, it's in OC. We love Quizno's Subs, FishTales' Fries, Bacon and Cheese, Paul Revere's Buffet, English's Buffet, and Green Turtle's Burgers!

NJ
101 helpful votes
“A nice vacation but we won't be back”
Reviewed December 28, 2009

We spent the last full week in August in Ocean City, renting a beachfront condo in the 100s section. It was great to be able to very easily get right out to the water every day, but there are so many condos in that area that the beaches get very crowded. Throughout the week, we spent a little time at the Boardwalk, including the Jolly Roger rides (which were just OK), took a fun but unproductive fishing trip on the Happy Hooker (yes, that was its name), and drove out to see the wild horses at Assateague (lots of ponies!). We had two young kids with us, so there were a few mini-golf games as well.

It was a fun week, but we're from northern NJ and don't feel like Ocean City MD is worth the extra-long drive. We've spent weeks in Cape May and Ocean City (NJ), with time in Wildwood as well. Ocean City MD is definitely no better than them, and a whole lot further away for us. For this reason, we won't be returning. Actually, we did enjoy the Wildwood boardwalk much more than OCMD's. There are many more rides and waterparks right at the piers in NJ and a much-better deal for buying wristbands. If you prefer rides, stay in or near Wildwood. I thought the beaches and restaurants in NJ and MD were about the same.

1 Thank RebeccaMinNJ
Ocean City. MD
“My Favorite place in Maryland is Ocean City b/c of their car shows!”
Reviewed November 13, 2009

In June and August of every year ocean city, md has the biggest,best,family fun enjoyment i have ever experienced! Great for all ages with tons off attractions at the shows for everyone. Prices are great, cars,music,concerts and celebrities are all a blast.

NorthEast US
1 helpful vote
“Relaxing Seaside Retreat”
Reviewed October 21, 2009

I recently took my mother on a weekend getaway to Ocean City Maryland. It was my first time there and I was extremely pleased with our choice of location!

Having grown up near the Jersey shore I had been to Cape May and Wildwood frequently.. I've also visited Virginia Beach once years ago. Compared to these other locations Ocean City Maryland Definitely comes in #1 for me!

The Beach was Sparkling clean (No trash and other random odds & ends as I've tended to see on trips to Wildwood NJ... Much Cleaner and Less populated!

I would recommend this location for either Families or just adult getaways! (Keeping in mind that if you are choosing it for a Family Vacation Don't expect the Flashy Night life & Amusements like in Wildwood! Don't get me wrong ~ there is PLEANTY to do in Ocean City, MD into the late night hours, it's just a different kind of beach vacation! I found it to be Much More Relaxing! Though I went as an Adult getaway I will Also be going back in the Spring with My children!
I feel there is Pleanty to Entertain them & in a Much more enriching way then the flashy amusement scene... But it is sure to Please Kids as there is Some Options for that kind of Amusement as well! There is a Boardwalk ~ mainly just quaint shops But also includes a pier of Amusement park rides... The Wooden Boardwalk Also has a Seperate Concrete Bike Riding lane!
There is also an Old Western themed Amusement Park in town. We did Not personal checkout any of the amusements so I can Not vouch for what they are like But Will tell you about a few of the things we did encounter!

The Harbor area was Beautiful with a few nice restraunts where you could eat right outside on the bay and take a walk on the pier to see the ships afterwards. There are Several boats there that you can take tours on, including a Giant Pirate ships (My kids saw pictures and can't wait to try that out!)...
My mother & I took a Boat cruise Called the Assateague Adventure! It departed from the Harbor & took us on a very informative guided tour all thru the bay area and Finally to the Famous Assateague island, where Wild Horses roam free! Beautiful Experience! The boat achored onto the island and we got to get out and explore! The wildlife was abudent! On the ride back the Tour guide, whom was also a Marine Biologist, continued to Educate us on the creatures found in the bay area & even had several examples on board to show. I will definitely be taking the tour again with my kids when we visit in the spring.

Restaurants were abundant and I think we were fortunate to have found the Best one in town the Very first night! We went to one of the 4 or 5 Phillips Seafood Restaurants available! The Buffet was the Best we had ever had, Stocked with Every type of Seafood (Multiple different types of Crabs, Clams, etc. Cooked in All sorts of different varieties of ways), Everything a Seafood lover could dream up (Other then Lobster dishes unfortantly! But I'm sure Lobster dishes were probably available in their Ala-cart side of the restaurant!
We also found a quaint cheap dinner on 16th street about two blocks or so from the boardwalk to have lunch one afternoon and I was delighted with the unique choices! I had some absolutely delicious Sweet Potatoe Pancakes topped with Pecans & Honey butter! YUM!

Back to the Beaches ~ The beach was very sparsely populated which was really nice! (Though we went Mid-September '09 which is officially off season So I do Not know how packed they get during prime season)! Anyway, the Sand was Clean, the Water Sparkling! I Loved it! The Best Part was that the Walk from the Hotels or boardwalk was Not very far to get to the water at all! I've Never stayed at hotels so close to the water before though we stay at a different ocean front hotel every time we go to Wildwood! I think my kids will really enjoy this aspect of the Ocean City Md beaches when we go next summer! Dragging chairs, bags, etc. a long way through hot sand burning your toes is never the fun part ~ In Ocean City Maryland that part is Eliminated as the beach is Narrow before getting quickly to the water comparative to other beaches I've been to!

Another Great thing on the beach is the Photographers whom will approach you if you look like you are trying to get a picture. They have their equipment on hand and will do a Beautiful, Natural, Photo Shoot for you right there by the Ocean! They then give you a slip of paper with the pick-up location and you can then choose from a variety of packages (though a little pricey, it is worth it for the memories... To keep cost down We just went with the Small Magnet & Key chain size photos which is Pleanty for us to remember the experience & moment by!

There is also a Nice Visitors Information Center with Every Flyer, Pamplet, & Advertisment Available on the area, located at the Convention Center!

This is just a little bit about the area! There is even So much more to experience in Ocean City, Maryland & I personally Highly Recommend it!

1 Thank Angelsface
Atlanta, GA
1 helpful vote
“Still the same Ocean City after all these years”
Reviewed October 17, 2009

I'm biased since some of my best childhood memories are from when my family would visit Ocean City in the 70's and 80's. While there this October my GF and I hit the boardwalk and ate at Seacrets. It was a walk down memory land on the Boardwalk where little has changed. I was surprised that a Starbucks has not opened up on the boardwalk by now.

Seacrets has a great view of the sun setting over the bay, The jerk chicken is the best and they has half price apps. until 7pm. Friendly service too from the staff.

Ocean City you will always have a place in my heart but you could use a facelift. It looks like you are still living in the 80's.

1 Thank fiverAtlanta_GA

Been to Ocean City? Share your experiences!