“Nice Place. Loved the new pool and hot tub!”
Review of Fenwick Inn

Fenwick Inn
Ranked #22 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed January 10, 2009

The hotel was fine. Our room was clean and smoke free. Parking was free and there was plenty of it. The property is far from the main boardwalk area but close enough to take the beach bus for a buck. The roof top bar was nice and cheap! 2 buck beer and 3 or 4 buck mixed drinks. Didn't eat the food but it looked good. Check in was slow but the staff was friendly. Loved the new pool and hot tub. It was great for rainy days or just to get off the beach and out of the sun for a day. Keep in mind the pool was't big but it was still nice. All in all it was worth the stay. Clean, quiet, comfortable... What more can you really ask for?

side note: If you are thinking of hitting up the roof top bar go for happy hour or ask when they are offering specials. They always have deals that beat the beach bars and make it worth your while to stay there.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vistbr

Reviewed December 8, 2008

my stay was horrible, Shower had MOLD, food was left in hallway by another room door sitting on the floor for two days, the room had roaches, I did have my two small dogs with me and I was told when checking In that the dog floor was on the smoking floor only, (I am a non smoker) but later found out that there were dogs all threw out the building... This hotel needs a health inspection. ASAP

I have tried calling to speak to the General manager since my stay, but I have had no response yet, it has been two weeks since my stay....Staff seems to be nice but not knowledgable to the General manager's information Like an email address? I pray nothing tragic would happen to this MOTEL, I wouldnt feel secure on staffs awarness..

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank tcope83831
Reviewed September 12, 2008

I booked the hotel through am ex, however there was a glitch in the system and it didn't go through. Fortunately for me, I arrived at the hotel with the reservation email that am ex send me. The hotel honored the reservation and I was able to get my room at the same rate ($35/day).
I traveled with my family of 2 toddlers and MIL. I thought the hotel was a steal. The room was very good (not foul smelling or shabby but spacious). The room service was excellent. The beach next door was really nice.
For the price that I paid , It was everything that I expected an more (TV, microwave, Fridge)

The pool was not bad either. Yes there are lots of kids and its not adult sized. The water seemed a little cloudy, but we didn't notice anything bad.

The shower water pressure was good but the water to the tub was a little slow, but that was not a big concern for us.

2  Thank PrashantJoge
Reviewed August 31, 2008

My wife found this hotel in a newspper add for a very reasonable rate for the last week before Labor Day. We agreed to give it a try since we only planned to sleep there and didn't need all the frills that we might have found somewhere else. Let me add that we were also travelling with two teenagers and two children under 10 yrs. old. We stayed at the Fenwick Inn for three nights this past August. We arrived at 12:00 PM and where told that they HAD NO ROOMS READY AND THAT WE COULD NOT CHECK IN BEFORE 4:00 PM. This was fine since we wanted to get some beach time in. I came back at 4:00 as I really wanted to unload the truck and get settled. Because they don't let anyone in before 4:00, there is a mad rush to get checked in. Be prepared to wait 40 minutes. Also a local police officer was leaving the hotel with a incident report while I was waiting to check in. Not the most encouraging beginning to a family vacation.

Finally, I got our rooms and gathered the family who were waiting outside (no place to stand inside). We went up to the rooms and saw at least 5 trays of discarded room service food trays outside the rooms left over from breakfast. Since it was now closer to 5:00 PM, these should have been cleaned up already. The two rooms were OK. Each had a mini fridge and microwave. Both reeked of cigarettes even though they were supposedly "non-smoking" rooms. Pealing paint on ceiling as a result of water damage and carpet stains, but overall clean. I wouldn't want to spend any time in the room other to sleep and shower, but that was the expectation from the start. Bathroom was fine and clean. Not a lot of water pressure from shower but was warm. Also bring your own shampoo and soap. They do offer, but must be used sparingly.

I wouldn't use the pool. When we walked by, there where probably 30 unsupervised kids in and out of the pool and hot tub likely creating swim conditions that would be less than favorable to get in concidering no one seemed to monitor pool. There was also a small arcade that my son enjoyed while waiting to check in.

Hotel is close to the beach (one block), but you do have to cross Coastal Hwy.

I ate at the restaurant on the top floor. Food was pricey for what you got and there are some funny discrepancies that can be found i.e. The chicken finger basket (chicken strips and french fries) is more expensive than if you order them seperately. Also, shrimp entree (1/2 lb. steamed shrimp with side and salad) was $10.00 more expensive than appetizer 1/2 lb. shrimp. I think $10.00 is excessive for house salad (bag mix) and side of (frozen) veggies.

Overall, if you don't mind roughing it, the price is good at this hotel. However, I would spend an extra $30.00 / night and stay somewhere else given a choice.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank phillyhen
Reviewed August 7, 2008

I travel for a living and always read reviews. This hotel is very mis judged. It is an older hotel that i have stayed at for about 10 years on and off. Although I have not stayed for about 5 years most current. Rooms were very clean, elevators were fast (3 elevators). THe down side is the check in. No One can check in a minute before 4:00. Other than that great stay, clean enough for my wife and young kids.
Last thing, if you do read a bad review it was people staying on the 7th floor. Make sure you are not on this floor (smoking) The girl at the front desk said this is where they house construction workers for the most part that are in town for the week working

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank Pickytravler_8
Reviewed July 30, 2008

Just returned from a one night stay, July 26th, at the Fenwick Inn in Ocean City. We checked in at 6:30 pm; there was no line at the check-in counter and we went straight through to our room. Elevators took a very long time. Once the elevator doors opened, some people came out with cigarettes in their mouths. My husband and I had to sit in a cloud of smoke while we rode up to our floor. Surprising that the hotel staff did not enforce the non smoking laws in their elevators and their hallways. You could smell smoke everywhere even though we were on a non smoking floor. As we were walking to our room, I could hear loud music playing in people's rooms, people were dancing in the hallway, and teenagers were just chilling and hanging out by the elevators the WHOLE length of our stay. On the surface the room itself looks decent. If you take a step closer, you can see wallpaper falling off, even though the hotel staff claims they "just replaced the wallpaper and carpet in recent years" when I asked about it. The bathroom had mold in the corners, but overall, it's what's to be expected in a cheaper Ocean City Maryland hotel. What I didn't expect was a two inch gap at the bottom of my door so that I could hear all of the music and loud laughing and chatter and screaming until 1:30 a.m. in the hallway. I didn't expect to get harassed by the teenagers hanging out by the elevators the whole length of our stay. I was also surprised to discover there are no street lights in the back parking lot. So be careful parking there at night if you are a woman and you are alone. It is not safe. It is extremely dark. I was also surprised that the Fenwick Inn did not put a bill under my door in the morning for express check outs. Overall, for Ocean City, it was a very mediocre hotel. I've seen much worse at that beach. So for the price that it offers, and that it doesn't require more than a one night stay (like most hotels in OC do) it does it's job. Just don't go into it with high expectations.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Travel2007
Reviewed July 5, 2008

For the last 5 years, our family has stayed at the Fenwick Inn for vacation. This will be our last year.

The rooms are in such terrible shape! First, our ceiling was peeling and there was stains that looked like mold. These stains were in the room and in the bathroom. Second, there was blood or vomit stains on both of the beds box springs. They could have easily been covered up by a dust ruffle but I guess The Fenwick is so cheap they would rather their guests see all of the stains. Third, the bathrooms are disgusting! No recent updates in the past 10-20 years ( I guess)! The floor was dirty and there was hair on the walls. Toilet did not flush properly. You had to flush it 3 times for anything to go down. Lastly, don't even go into the pool. I wouldn't even allow my dog to swim in it.

The only good things about the Fenwick is the price and how close it is to the beach. That is about it.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family