“Stinks!”

Ranked #21 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
White Marsh, Maryland
“Stinks!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

The hotel stinks and is old. They have no where to plug your cell phone charge. The bed was uncomfortable and the whole room needs renovated. The staff was rude. There is not breakfast bar. The pool is not heated inside except for the sauna.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
fenwickinnmanager, General Manager at Fenwick Inn, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
I am so sorry to read about your unsatisfactory stay. The entire staff takes great pride in ensuring the best guest experience for all of our valued guests. From time to time, we have guests that smoke in the hotel even though we are 100% smoke free. I wonder if that was the smell? As for outlets, we have a minimum of 3 outlets in all of our rooms and I've never had a complaint on the lack of outlets to plug into. As for the beds, we are on a rotating schedule to purchase matresses and we turn them regularly and for the most part we have very few complaints. I hope you will contact me so that I can get the room number you were in, to look into the issues further. Our pool is one of our most used amenities, especially in the winter! We keep the temp at 84 degrees and I had not heard any other complaints. Unfortunately, we don't offer a complimentary breakfast but we do have an excellent restaurant on the rooftop called Peakys, that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. Please contact me so that I can get more details and I'd love the opportunity to have you visit again to experience The Fenwick Inn that I, along with the staff, are so proud of.

Greg Fleming

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Dagsboro, Delaware
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

One night stay was horrible at check in man by the name of Charles at the front desk (if thats his name no name tag) he was horrible rude and very disrespectful not only to me but to a guest who called down stairs for help they doubled charged my card and when i called they were extremely rude about my refund they are very unprofessional and rude the hotel is dirty with mold and bed bugs and we were told only half the hotel could be used because of a massive pipe busting and ruining their west end im horrified on how they handled everything i used to stay there all the time this was the last straw and i still havent recieved my refund i asked for the manager and the front desk told me that he was the person im gonna talk to because he was the only one there i DO NOT RECOMMMEND THIS PROPERTY and never did i even recieve an apology.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Brittany S
fenwickinnmanager, General Manager at Fenwick Inn, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Let me start by saying, I was deeply disturbed when I read your review. The satisfaction of our guests is paramount! The condition and cleanliness of our product as well as the service we provide is our top priority and when a guest has an experience that is not up to our strict standards, I personally take it very seriously. I have sent you two emails and have not heard back from you. I am eager to talk to you to further discuss your visit. In researching your visit, I see you live near by and walked in looking for a smoking room and wished to pay cash. We are a 100% smoke free facility and I understand you were upset about that. Also, we require a major credit card for all room rentals and I understand you were upset about that also. We authorize the credit card that is given for any incidental charges and for the unfortunate possibility that there is damage to the room, including but not limited to fees for unauthorized smoking in our guest rooms. I was shocked to read your reference to bed bugs and mold so I, along with our service technician from our contracted pest control company, Home Paramount, vigorously inspected your room 712 and we found absolutely no evidence of what you referenced. Further, I alongside our executive housekeeper, completely inspected your room 712 and found no signs of mold. In fact, we were quite pleased with the entire condition of the room. As to the comment on a pipe bursting and affecting an entire end of the building, this is a complete mystery as we have had no pipes burst and all of our guest rooms are operational. Again, I am anxious to talk to you so that I can further detail. I hope you will contact me. I hope that a misunderstanding over policies and perhaps a miscommunication of procedures does not prevent you from giving us the opportunity to discuss further your encounter.

Thank You and I look forward to speaking with you,

Greg Fleming

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Baldwin, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

We look forward every year to going to OC right before Christmas. A little shopping, a little dining and a little hot tub and pool time (while there is 6+" of snow at home) right before the holidays is great. The Fenwick Inn has always provided a great place to stay. The entire staff from the front desk to the housekeepers are always friendly and helpful. We will be back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jarrettsville, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Vicki at front desk could not have been more helpful . Hotel was clean & neat . It is outdated but priced accordingly . Great value for the money compared to other hotels in OC . My room was very nice . I will stay here again . Tim

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Tim E
North East, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

I agree the place is a little outdated and could use a "face lift" but the staff is friendly, the rates are great and above all it is pet friendly. A pet friendly hotel needs to be clean, good staff and good rates, but does not have to have new furniture, carpet etc as dogs come in a variety of sizes, behaviors and have owners with a variety of dicipline rules with their pets. I think putting the effort into keeping the place one of the few pet friendly hotels is most important to me. I will not kennel my dog and she loves to run on the beach!!!! Thanks Fenwick Inn!!!

Room Tip: If you do not have or like pets, stay away from the 7th floor or do not stay here at all on the off...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tracy W
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Do not stay here. When you arrive the staff is rude, surly and unhelpful. It was old, dirty and smelly. The halls were loud at night and no one at the front desk to report to. In the morning there were feces in the hallway - hopefully from a dog! Front desk didn't send anyone to clean up for hours.

Room Tip: Choose a different motel!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Toni K
Yardley, Pa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I've stayed at the Fenwick many times over the years and it has really become rundown. There are too many other options in ocmd to waste your vacation time and money. The property has been allowed to fall into disrepair. The rooms are old and everything feels dirty. The lobby, pool areas, rooms are all way past their prime and while the restaurant has come under new name, it has many of the same problems with the service and the food. It is such a waste of a great location to allow this property to continue operations in this condition.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends