“Fenwick Fling”
Review of Fenwick Inn

Fenwick Inn
Ranked #22 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed at the Fenwick Inn during the second week of August with my mate. We had reserved the room under their Fenwick Fling promotion. This promotion included along with the room, breakfast for two for three mornings, one dinner for two (value of $50)' and six vouchers for restaurants, miniature golf, etc. You are able to select the vouchers with an on-line reservation.

The hotel itself wasn't that bad. It is about a block away from the beach, but not close to the boardwalk. That was a plus for us because there wasn't a lot of noise. There is a pool and hot tub at this hotel along with the rooftop restaurant, Peakys. We ate breakfast for the three mornings and dinner one evening there. The food is okay. I enjoyed the meals.

I would not have a problem returning to this hotel for another stay in Ocean City, Maryland.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stayed in Fenwick Inn August 4-August 9 for mini vacation picked fenwick for the special children eat free all day that is what the Internet reads. Checked in Fenwick you pay first then you can stay not the other way around. Check in was easy lot of people coming to fenwick no early check in getting a luggage cart was difficult they don't have many. My check in day was Sunday on that day the lobby ATM was out of order and the soda vending machines in the lobby were out of order. I had a room on the 6th floor that soda machine was out of order. I checked out the room carpet baseboard torn from wall stain on sheet and 7 eleven slurpee top found behind a bed. Decided to make do with situation went upstairs to have dinner decided I wanted food from the bar menu and my grandson ate from the kids menu when I got my check I noticed my grandson didn't get his free meal that is because I didn't eat an entree I didn't want an entree but that is what the fine print says on the coupon they give you for his free meal.i spoke with the manager I end up e mailing the restaurant president who as of yet has not replied to my email. During the week we had a power outage at about 6 am my s/o was taking a shower a we lost water pressure and one day housekeeping didn't come until 5pm.
We did have breakfast at fenwick my grandson had a free breakfast which he enjoyed. Also they have a pool and hot tub which the kids love overall I don't plan to stay at the fenwick again the staff was great but I wear bifocals and that is a lot of fine print I have to read. To get a bargain the 10 free coupons for making the reservation are the fenwick not great.

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I must have gotten one of the better rooms because I had none of the issues that other reviewers had. Yeah the place is a little dated. The locals say its the same carpet from when it was built in the 70s. But the rooms are large, the beds some of the comfiest I've found in OC. The staff was really great when I got sick on one of my first days here. It's only a short walk to the beach. The upstairs restaurant and bar was nice and has a great view and does room service. I got a great rate and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again!

2  Thank Cp4890
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Our room had a funky odor to it upon arriving. Thought it was just because it was humid so we turned a/c lower and left for the day. Came back and room cooler but still humid for some reason. Odor was better, but NOT gone. Next day we left for the day, housekeeping cleaned (turned down a/c) and smell returned... Closest I can describe is a urine type smell. Finally went to office late at night to get air fresher and all they had was industrial strength and could not give to customers (understandable) my husband was sleeping, didn't want to wake him. Closest store was across the busy street and I was alone. No other solutions offered by front desk. Hindsight being 20/20, my money is that it was "molds" that we were smelling on the 5th floor! I am allergic to "molds" and have been suffering from runny nose and a "razor blade" severe sore throat brought on from sinuses draining! Husband also has a sore throat and he doesn't suffer from allergies! Sorry Fenwick Inn. I tried to work with the front desk.

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless they correct this problem or they can place you in another room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Maybe if this hotel would be cheaper I would give a better review but since it has such expensive rates and it doesn t offer much: not on the beach, the beach that is close to it is actually wild and without life! The only thing that worth the money was the king size bed, free parking and a cool TV

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We ended spending a weekend here because one of those third party sites royally screwed up our original reservations. Luckily, we were able to get two rooms here. The front desk staff were nice to us and was able to get us two rooms near each other, which I thought would be difficult considering we were there during high season. One of our rooms was a suite and it turned out to be really nice! There was a full size wet bar with mini fridge and microwave, a sitting area with a pull out sofa bed, and pretty clean bathroom. The other room was a 2 double bed room and why, oh why, did it smell like urine?!?! Needless to say, we did all of showering/bathing in the suite and only went to the double room to sleep. Even my toddler asked why it smelled.... If not for the suite, I would have given this hotel only 2 stars. We used the pool for only a little bit because the water looked a little cloudy. The hot tub looked even dirtier and you couldn't pay me to sit in that. It's a nice location in north Ocean City, 1 block from the beach.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This was the worst hotel stay ever. I stayed there because my sons basketball group had a tournament in Ocean City and this was where the group was staying. The lobby had stained dirty carpet and the walls had water staines on them. The check in was poor. They will not allow you to check in early so people were everywhere and the air conditioner didn't work. They make you pay upon check in. The room was horrible. It had a crack in the ceiling that went from one end of the window to the other. The bathroom was dated and needed to be updated. The rooms don't have wifi which is advertised on the website.

The upside to all of this, there were two young ladies at the registration desk that were beautiful. They both had very good customer service skills and tried to please all of the unhappy guest. The bed was also comfortable. Dinner at Peaky's restaurant upstairs was great. The food was awesome.

They need to do some major renovations to this hotel

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family