“Great Hotel, friendly Staff!”
Review of Fenwick Inn

Fenwick Inn
Ranked #23 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I just stayed at the Fenwick Inn last weekend and had a great time. It was a clean, comfortable, family friendly motel at a great price. The kids had a great time in the indoor pool! The rooms were spacious and very comfortable. They have a restaurant on the top floor if this hotel called Peaky's that has great food.....breakfast lunch and dinner and has a great view of Ocean City. I would definitely recommend it and it would be my first choice when I return with the family.

Room Tip: Rooms with a king bed have a pull out sofa and have plenty of room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DawnJ277
gfmanager, Manager at Fenwick Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thanks so much for your review! The entire staff is so glad to hear how much you enjoyed your visit. The indoor pool is so nice this time of year and the new restaurant Peaky's has had rave reviews. Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

This place could be acceptable if it weren't the bar on the top floor. I had the misfortune of being one floor below the rooftop bar and had the pleasure of listening to every drunk trying to get to their rooms at 2:00 am.Cops were called for the noise, but there's not much they can do and the chaos just startsup again the minute the officer leaves.

There's better places to stay in OC!

Room Tip: Don't accept a 7th floor room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Foxlaroc
gfmanager, Manager at Fenwick Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

I was so disturbed to hear of your experience during your stay. It is shameful that the actions of a few can disrupt so many. I can assure you that we take the guest experience very seriously and would love the opportunity to have you return and see what a truly wonderful hotel the fenwick inn is. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

This was our first time staying in this hotel. We stayed on the 6th floor. We had a nice view of the ocean. We got to the hotel in the evening so we did not look at things like we should. the next morning when my husband open the window he saw the mold all over the window, and walls near the window. The carpet near the bathroom had mold as well. The front desk staff was not so friendly. The staff was very sort with the answers.

Room Tip: See the rooms first before checking inn
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DelToni

It was a pleasure speaking to you about your recent stay and as I stated during our conversation, I was so disturbed to hear about your experience and more importantly about the customer service. I can assure you that your experience was the exception and not the rule. I look forward to your return visit and thank you again for contacting me!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

While traveling to Hatteras, NC we stopped at the Fenwick Inn for a night. Our room was very nice and clean and we were thrilled to be able to stop and rest with our pets. We walked on the beach and around the nearby streets. The front desk girls were great as we had a dog who was afraid of the elevators, and the mirror near the floor near the elevators. They all helped urge our
Dooley in and then on chuckling the whole time. They were very polite and reservations were taken with all questions answered. Dogs cannot be there from April to the end of Sept. but we never travel in those months. Plus, in Ocean City, no dogs allowed on the beach at the same time. Would stay there again in a minute. Dooley's not so sure though.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel for over the past 17 years and have never been disappointed. The staff has also been friendly, courteous and helpful. The rooms are clean and they smell good. We had breakfast upstairs on our last visit and couldn't have asked for anything better. We will certainly continue to visit there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda D
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My wife, and I chose to stay at the Fenwick Inn because of a good rate for St. Paddy's day weekend. The room was okay, but when I tried to turn on the TV, it would not come on. I finally figured out,l there was no batteries in the remote. Went to desk, and asked for batteries. The clerk grabbed a remote from a cardboard box, and gave me the batteries from that one. Well, They of course were dead. I returned to the desk, with the dead batteries, and explained to the manager what had happened. He promptly grabbed the same box, and gave me 2 more batteries from another remote. Dead also! I gave up. That night, someone on the floor above us set off a smoke bomb, which in turn activated the fire alarm, which was a bell on the wall 10 rooms down the hall which we could barely hear. We had to evacuate, and wait outside in the cold for an hour while the problem was cleared. Upon arrival back in our room, our next door neighbors had a raucous party until 3:30 am. We called the front desk, but nothing was done. No apology, no nothing. I even called the hotels management company, and left a voice mail with the director of that property, requesting a return phone call. To this date, (a week later) I have not been contacted. I don't recommend, nor will I ever stay there again. Sometimes a great rate is no bargain!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bill V
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We just arrived home from our impropmtu weekend at Ocean City Md. We chose to stay at the Fenwick Inn because they allow dogs and we were bringing our two Dachshunds with us. We caught their March Madness promotion which was a pretty good deal that included breakfast. We stayed on the 7th floor which was pretty nice overall. The room was pretty big, the beds were average and came with three pillows. The bathroom were recently renovated it seems and the water pressure was typical for Ocean City. The front desk staff were very polite and moved things along quickly.

Our kids loved the pool and hot tub and still haven't stopped talking about it. There were plenty of towels, the pool looked clean and did not have any funky smells. I will say that it is like a rainforest in there complete with moisture dripping from the ceiling. Everyone I saw was clearly enjoying themselves.

The new restaurant, Peaky's, was totally worth the visit. The food was much much better than we expected. They are not playing around with the portions or quality. We had the short stack pancakes which were huge and the syrup was good. you just need to ask for more than they bring out. If you get the blueberry pancakes, you'd better be pretty hungry. The eggs were cooked correctly. The sausage was huge. The hash brown potatoes were A m a z i n g. I will say that the bacon left much to be desired but hey, you can't win them all. I found the Prime Rib delicious and the chunky applesauce superb. My wife had the chicken fettucine and commented that she didn't think it was going to be so good. Kids had a pizza and a cheeseburger which were quickly eaten. I also want to add that the ranch dressing was very very well received. All in all you get the picture that this place is a pretty good secret nestled away at the top of the hotel. Also, the views from the restaurant during the day and the evening are very nice as well. I was just really impressed. At this point it has only been open three weeks but if it keeps up this level of quality, it will be around for a while. Thanks again to our servers who did a top notch job of taking care of us.

Moral of the story: We will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: They only allow dogs on the 7th floor in the off season which ends April 1.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family