“Excellent place 2 stay”
Review of Fenwick Inn

Fenwick Inn
Ranked #22 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed May 30, 2011

I have been 2 ocean city numerous times since my husband and I got married almost 10 yrs ago. This yr we went 2 ocean city 4 a family reunion in the begining of may. the rooms were amazing and our kids and all the other kids loved the pool area. we stayed a week and my family loved it. my husband and i r going back in the middle of june just 2 get away 4 a wk. We have always stayed at the fenwick and will continue 2 stay there. we were always aloud 2 check in early except for 1 time. We luv ocean city and we luv 2 stay at the fenwick

Room Tip: get a rm towards the top, u can see the ocean
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lindsey W

Reviewed May 24, 2011

I am 67 years old and a military retiree so upon check in, I asked the clerk if they offered a senior citizen or military discount. her somewhat nasty reply was "No, we only have a limited number of rooms that we offer discounts on and they are all sold out" Although we requested a non smoking room, as soon as you stepped off the elevator on the floor where our room was there was a very strong smell of cigarette smoke. The only easily accessable electrtical outlets were in the bathroom and they did not work. The only way we could use our cell phone recharger and hair dryer was to pull the dresser out from the wall, unplug a lamp and plug into that outlet. There were none of the ammenaties offered by other motels of the same price range (no iron/ironing board; no hair dryer, no exhause vent in the bathroom; no in room coffee maker' no continental breakfast) when housekeeping came to clean the room the housekeeper said she only had 1 towel and would bring more later. that didn't happen until I called the front desk and when we returned to our room later the towels were laying on the floor in front of our room. The A/C unit had food particles in the vent. The doors stuck and were difficult to open. Because the doors stuck, when you shut the door you had to slam it which made a loud noise and i am sure was disturbing to other guests. After checking out, my wife told me she had forgot a folder with important papers in it that she left in the dresser drawer under the TV. I called back to the hotel and asked the clerk to check it out. Her reply was that she could not get hold of housekeeping and they would be the ones who would need to check it out. I asked if security could check it out and she said she could not get in touch with security and she said she would pass it on to the manager and someone woud call me back. After more than an hour, no one had called back so I called again and spoke with a different person. When i explained to her what was happening, she had a "careless attitude" and stated she did not take the original call. I then asked to speak to the manager. In speaking with the manager said she would have to wait until housekeeping checked in with her and as soon as they contacted her, she would pass it on to them. More than an hour later someone else called and stated they did not find the items we were looking for. Thru the whole ordeal of check in, the stay and check out and after, no one seemed to care or ensure our stay was enjoyable.

Room Tip: Don't get a room at the Fenwick Inn!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Dennis082
Reviewed April 18, 2011

We stayed here specifically because of the indoor pool!! We were in town with a cheer competition and the girls didn't get done until later in the evening. Since it is still chilly the indoor pool was a great way for them to unwind at night.

Charles (the manager) was one of the nastiest people I have ever met in the customer service industry. The girls would get back and want to swim and Charles would annouce over the speaker "GET OUT OF THE POOL it is adult swim".....when the kids were taking too long for him he came back over the loud speaker and said "I AM GOING TO GIVE YOU TILL THE COUNT OF 3".....RUDE!

I left a message for the supervisor, but he never called me back.

Our entire team stayed at this hotel, as well as many others! NOT NEXT YEAR!!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank jadael69
gfmanager, General Manager at Fenwick Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2011

Please accept my sincere apology for the problems you experienced during your stay with us. While at times, the indoor pool and spa can get quite busy, there is clearly a better way to deal with it by our staff. I have discussed your experiences with the members of our staff and management and everyone has a better understanding of how to deal with a crowded pool properly. We all take great pride in the guest experience and are disturbed when they don't live up to our standards. I would love an opportunity to make this right and look forward to a chance to speak to you personally

Greg Fleming

Reviewed March 31, 2011

We traveled down to Ocean City, MD from Blue Ridge Summit, PA for the winterfest of lights. My family loved it. The hotel was great. Indoor pool, renovated rooms, roof top restaurant lots of room, and most of all, great value. I will stay again.

Room Tip: Remember your swim suits
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank bcampbell30
Reviewed March 28, 2011

My wife and I stayed here with our dog for 4 nights. All the staff was very acomodating. The hotel in general was clean and comfortable. The pool area was nice. The room was clean, however, there were some maintanance issues that could be addressed, i.e. torn wall paper, torn/stained curtains. At the same time we did stay on second floor, which is designated as the pet floor and we didn't have high expectations. Overall we had a great time and were very pleased at accomodations for the money. Becky, at the Front Desk, was extremely helpful from reservation to check-in and throughout our stay. We would highly recomend this hotel to folks that have value in mind.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WeezieLove
Reviewed March 20, 2011

My wife and I have stayed at the Fenwick previously and have enjoyed our stay most times. The only thing that I would like to see implemented is a period of time when the pool is designated for adults only and that that could be enforced. On this particular trip, I would like to compliment your front desk staff of Becky and Donna. However, the most pleasant staff member of all was Summer Burdette. She was always smiling and when she spoke to me, she remembered my name as well as my wife. During our stay, a lot of workers who were working @ the Delaware Power Plant were also staying there. Being an early riser, I was down in the lobby around 5:15 every morning and was surprised to find the coffee already brewed. Summer told me that most of the workers staying at the hotel are usually on the road prior to 6AM so she makes a pot of coffee so they can have some on their way to work. It doesn't seem like much, but little things like that have an influence on peoples opinions of hotels or resorts. I would like Summer to know that we enjoyed our stay and she was a major part of it. Thanks again and you'll see us many more times.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank golfergoof
Reviewed March 7, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel last summer. It was one of the cheapest we could find so we took it. Check in time was 4 pm we got there a little early hoping to get in. Unfortunately we weren't so we waited, and waited, and waited.. we never got into our room until 6 pm!!! While we waited, the service desk people were not very nice and had nothing to compensate for us waiting over 2 hours after check in for our room. We then we hoping to get a shower so we could finally start our vacation, only to find out our shower was not working so we had to call maintainence and have them come up and fix our shower.
Over our stay we also heard people talking about weeks before a child that drown in the pool because they have no lifeguards or anyone working there to look over the pool activity. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!! WARNING: DONT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple