“Very Enjoyable”
Review of Paradise Plaza Inn

Paradise Plaza Inn
Ranked #10 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed August 25, 2010

I enjoy myself every time I Visit, this was the first time I stayed during Summer...The kids had a ball.. The only thing I regret is not having continental breakfast., But that won't keep me away. We have been staying here every November for the past six years.

1  Thank rblake1101
There are newer reviews for Paradise Plaza Inn

Reviewed August 18, 2010

The room was perfect for the 6 girls that went on our trip. It was way roomier than I thought it would be. We had a partial view of the ocean and a view of the bay from our two balconies. The views were amazing. Even though the hotel is on 9th street, the walk to get to the inlet was only a few minutes.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Steph117
Reviewed August 16, 2010

When we checked in we had a difficult time getting the keys to work the door properly. There was sand on the tile floors, the lamp by the bed did not work, we pulled the bed out to see if it was pluged in and it wasn't and the floor behind the bed was the dirtiest I have ever seen in a hotel room, it was also attached to an extension cord, not a power strip.Tthere was mold on the wall by the balcony door and peeling paint over the balcony door. The air conditioner was so loud that when it came on it woke us up. The refrigerator did not keep anything cold and sounded like it was about to blow up. The shower was bad, but if you stood still long enough you would get wet. There were quite a few ceiling tiles that needed to be replaced. The bed was ok, not to uncomfortable. We had a good time overall. The employees were nice. The conference room with internet didn't work very well and there was not internet connection in the rooms. We left a day early so we could get some sleep. We did not get the accomadations we thought we were getting for the price we paid.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write your review. First of all, let me apologize for the inconveniences you just recently experienced during your stay. Unfortunately, I have just started my position as the General Manager at the end of this August so I missed your visit. It is obvious that I have some work to do to get the property back on track. Hopefully you will give me some time to make some positive changes and then give us another opportunity to show you what we are capable of. I hope to see you return one day.

Tim Goff

Reviewed August 15, 2010

what you see is not what you get. when i initally booked i thought that i was going to get a nice hotel with having the convenence of being on the board walk. but the hotel was nothing but a dissapointment for not only myself but many vacationers. My problem was that therooms were not kept in a tidy clean order. i had ceramic flooring that was never swept or vacumed. and the most distubing not to mention disgusting part is that the bed linen is not changed on a daily basis. I walked and slept in sand for 3 days till i finally compalined.
Other encountered problems were that a certian floor did not have proper working locks on the balcony doors and a number of rooms were broken into. i would highly recommend a different hotel. i will give kudoes to the girls at the front desk they were as helpful as the could be and curtious

1  Thank oceans19
paradiseplaza, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2010

I hope you did find the hotel's location convenient as it appears that was an important feature that you were looking for. Yes some of our rooms have ceramic tile and the others carpet. Being at the beach the sand is always an issue anywhere you go. We have made some changes that will hopefully correct some of the issues you experienced. It is our policy that sheets be changed on a daily basis and not just on rooms that are checking out but on stay overs as well. Unfortunately hotels at the beach take a beating from the salt air which causes things to rust much faster then in a typical environment. The issue with the balcony sliding doors are the locking mechanisms have rusted after 12 years and it has been difficult if not almost impossible to find replacement parts without replacing the entire sliding door. That is the reason we added the security bars to the balcony doors, so guests can feel a bit more secure. I can assure you that the rooms were not broken into but do admit that some of these locking mechanisms on the doors do need to be replaced. The security bars are very affective in deterring any access from the outside especially when we do not have any rooms on the ground floor. I am glad you found the girls at the front desk helpful and courteous as that is one area of service that we get many compliments on. I do hope that you will consider returning to the Paradise Plaza for a future stay.

Reviewed August 12, 2010

We had a reservation for an oceanfront non smoking room. When we arrived we were given a room with a view of the street that smelled like an ashtray. The room was filthy as well as having broken ceiling tiles, holes in the carpeting, and broken furniture. When we addressed our concerns with management, we were told too bad. They said if we didn't like it we could leave because they are fully booked every weekend. We left and got a beautiful, clean, oceanfront room at the Park Place hotel and paid less for it.

1  Thank Tripplemom

Being a non-smoker myself, I certainly do understand your disappointment upon checking into your room only to find that your requests had not been met. Unfortunately as with most hotels, we do not guarantee room numbers or floors but will make note of a guests request. In July and August we are extremely busy and we try to accommodate everyone's requests the best we can. Unfortunately there are some issues we have no control over such as heating/AC and plumbing situations and even guests not checking out of their rooms as originally reserved. This often makes it necessary to move rooms around so we can accommodate everyone. I do apologize that we could not get you into a non-smoking room. We are currently addressing the other issues you mentioned. The winter is the time that we "punch" all the rooms for maintenance so they can replace those ceiling tiles and broken furniture. You may be happy to know that we are currently replacing the furniture in our guest rooms. I am sorry that management responded to you the way they did. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. It is especially helpful to me as I have only been here three months and am continually trying to make positive changes. We appreciate your business and do hope you will return sometime in the future. If your hotel of choice is ever sold out, please reconsider coming back to experience the changes we have made.

Reviewed August 11, 2010

I WOULD recommend this hotel to anyone. We have enjoyed it every year we have stayed here. Over the years, I have heard people complain about little petty things (a different brand of shampoo other than bath and body). If you are going on vacation and complain over a $1 mini shampoo and conditioner, you better stay at home. Or the elevators are too slow and only one was working. I was there that week and the kitchen had a grease spill. I have a business with a fryer and that grease is nasty to clean up.They had it cleaned the next day with what looked like brand new carpet to me. As far as the elevators being slow, that is a good sign because it means the hotel is busy. If you don't want to wait, take the stairs. It's good exercise. The employees all have wonderful personalities. The rooms have always been clean. I have heard complaints about not being able to check in as soon as you get there but pay attention to your check in time (4:00) and schedule your arrival time accordingly. People usually take their time checking out which is 11 am. If you want in your room at 1:00, tell them not to clean it. That would be kind of gross if you asked me. They are taking the time to get the rooms clean. I must say ours was perfect this year as far as cleanliness. My dad is on his way home from OC right now. I booked a room for him and they said they enjoyed the hotel also. They wouldn't want to stay anywhere else. I have noticed every year I stay my rate seems to get lower. I can't say enough nice things about Paradise Plaza. People just need to look at how busy these hotels are and put yourself in their shoes. I couldn't imagine trying to get everything to suit everyone in a short amount of time and dealing with hundreds of people day in and day out. GREAT JOB PARADISE PLAZA!!!!!!!! SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank paula621b
Reviewed August 11, 2010

The swimming pool is smaller then most peoples home pool, the pool was dirty and we told them four different times the filtering system was not working. There was a dead bird floating and a lot of hair on the sides of the pool. The rooms were dirty the curtains were torn and hard to close. There was mildew all over the shower curtain. We ask everyday for wash cloths and they kept saying they were out. The resteraunt had been closed and just opened the day we arrived, real dark and was more of a bar instead of a resteraunt.. The ice machine did not work so you would wonder around trying to find one on another floor that did work. The other couple that went with us , was even more disppointed then us , they did not get the balcony that was promised, they were put in a handy cap room , the bathroom sink hung on the wall with no counter to set anything, like your tooth brush and toilet bag. Their curtains were torn as well.
The entire vacation was ruined by staying at this hotel for the money we paid. We paid $189.00 per night $60.00 a night would have been about what you got.We had to park our car a block away from the motel because they only had a small parking lot next to the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank audrey_boeckle

As you can imagine maintaining outdoor pools in Ocean City can be a constant battle. The leaves from the surrounding trees, the abundance of sand that collects at the bottom makes cleaning and vacuuming a necessity every few hours. I admit it is tough to keep up with and although we do clean it daily if it gets heavy use it does take longer than overnight to filter and clean itself. I was aware of the curtain situation and am happy to say that they were all replaced with black out drapes and new curtains this past September. Unfortunately our restaurant is leased out to a third party and because of that we don't have as much control over their hours or decor that they choose. We do try and stay in constant communication with them so we are updated and knowledgeable of their hours of operation. Unfortunately since we are so busy during the summer we cannot guarantee specific room numbers or room types but merely make note of any requests the guest has when making their reservation. It appears that the couple you were traveling with were put in a handicap room for whatever reason (A/C/Heating/Plumbing issues or a guest not checking out of their room as they originally reserved it for). Typically we have plenty of parking for all of our guests when utilizing the lot on our grounds as well as the smaller one across the street. Unless we had some guests bring multiple cars or some "illegal" parking we have at least one space for each room as well as some additional parking. Hopefully you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest sometime in the near future.