“good time in paradise”

Ranked #11 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
North East, Maryland
“good time in paradise”
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Hotel was nice, room was clean. Loved the fact that there was no carpet in our room, made it feel a lot cleaner then other hotels I have stayed in. My only complaint is there were not enought carts to haul bags when checking out.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Gloria1726

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
Annandale, Virginia
Reviewed July 26, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed for Fourth of July weekend, we saw the fireworks from the balcony, the view of the ocean was just gorgeous during the day. It was beautiful to wake up to. It was so easy getting to the boardwalk and on the beach, we rarely drove around other than to explore. The only issues we came across were that the safe had no lock on it, the sliding glass door did look as if it had been broken into and easy to break into, our Room Service lady was great, always very helpful and she cleaned the room every day and got the sand out every morning. We arrived at 8AM and there was absolutely no getting around the 4PM check in, so we couldn't shower or get settled until 4:30 because there were numerous arrivals. And the pool is very small. Other than that, everything was great, I think it was worth it for the location and the view.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vcristinaz
ohio
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I never write reviews for the places that I stay, but this one was so bad, I had to say something. I went down this past weekend with a group of friends for a bachelorette party. The hotel and room itself were very nice, the location was right on the beach and the balcony was enormous. However the service was the WORST I've ever had - and I've stayed in many hotels.

First of all, we only had two towels, which is understandable for the first day. We called down and asked for more on numerous occassions. No one ever came. Our room was never ONCE visited by the cleaning service (though once again, we called numerous times) in the four days that we were there. I personally called down to the front desk four separate times. It was just ridiculous. We had only one roll of toilet paper and two towels for the three days before one of us just took what we needed from a maid's cart we happened to walk by on a different floor. Sad, but true.

The internet connection was also not functioning, which I can be understanding about. There are problems beyond their control and I would consider WiFi to be one of them. Still - we were promised the connection would be back in "15 minutes" and it never worked on ONE of the four days we stayed. If they would have just admitted they were having problems with their wireless, I would have been bummed, but not upset like I ended up becoming.

And to top it all off, about an hour before check out as we were preparing to leave, the breaker blew out in our room leaving us all with soaking wet hair and no way to use a blowdryer. We called down to alert them to the problem and were told they would send someone to flip the breaker immediately. When we left an hour later, there was still no power in our room.

Overall, this was the worst hotel stay I've ever had. And as we were leaving, other stayers were sharing with us similar problems they themselves had with the hotel. The building itself is actually very nice, but with service like that, there are plenty of other nice hotels for the same price that would treat you much better.

If you plan on visiting Ocean City (which I recommend, it's an awesome place), definitely skip this hotel and try another.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank amgatta
paradiseplaza, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, November 27, 2010
I would like to thank you for staying with us. I am glad you found the hotel and your room nice and enjoyed the convenient location. I am sorry for the service or lack there of but appreciate your comments as it gives me something to work towards since I have only been on board three months. I have heard your complaint about the shortage of towels from a number of guests and i am now looking into the necessity of changing our standard two towels to a room and increase it to four. Typically in the summer because our clientele changes from more singles and couples to families we are supposed to increase the number of towels we put in the rooms. Then on teh other hand we may have had a shortage of towels and that is something we are looking into and will correct before next summer rolls around. I know we had issues with the WiFi/Interent and you will be happy to know that we did install an entirely new system/equipment in mid August that has corrected this problem. I am sorry our maintenance departments didn't react in a reasonable amount of time with your breaker issue. I know many of the hotels I have worked in have had issues with breakers in a bathroom when you have a number ow women in the room getting ready with multiple blow dryers and curling irons/wands. As I am sure you well know the service industry is a one that you rely so heavily on your staff and it takes constant training and supervision. With your comments that will help us as we prepare for the next season. Thank you.

With Hospitality,

HARRISBURG
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I joined my parents and sister with my 9 year old daughter for the end of their vacation last September. This hotel is nice and clean and right on the beach. Our room was very large with two queen beds in the bedroom area and a couch, which I slept on, in the living area. It also had two balconies. One in the bedroom and one off the living area.

My daughter enjoyed changing into her suit and heading straight for the beach. The first thing we did when we arrived at 7:30 pm was walk down to the beach. The staff was very friendly and responded to our requests for more towels and blankets immediately. There is only parking for one vehicle per room in the hotel lot, but there is plenty of free parking right down the street. My daughter and I can't wait to go back to this hotel again this year. We will be celebrating her 10th birthday here, and she is already counting down the days.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank jmock3
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 13, 2010

After we booked our trip I decided to read the reviews. I was so worried that we almost cancelled our trip I am so glad we didn't. The rooms were quite large. We stayed on the 6th floor in the comfort sleep rooms. Beds were very comfortable, location was great. The rooms were clean and there was no mold to be found. Everything worked great and they did have a security bar on the balcony door. A couple of things to keep in mind. If you want a pool this is not the hotel for you to stay at. We can swim back home, we came for the beach so that was not a problem. The restaurant on site was closed but you are steps away from many restaurants on the boardwalk. Balconies are very close to each other,but I didn't expect privacy right on the boardwalk anyways. The one complaint I had is that the rooms had tile floor. Very nice tile, but it was unexpected. If you have small children just learning to walk this could be a problem. It did make the rooms feel cleaner but a little less cozy, hard to keep sand off your feet. The air conditioner was a LITTLE noisy but it drowned out the sounds of the boardwalk at night for my young ones to fall asleep. We have stayed at much nicer hotels but also paid close to $400.00 a night. Great hotel for the price. The reason it is so affordable with such a great location is it gives up things like a pool, restaurant, big lobbies which I wouldn't mind giving up for a better price. We would come back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank funfamily53449
philadelphia
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Check in was a mess as they could not find our reservation, even though I called multiple times before the day of my trip to confirm they had everything. The room was big and the view was nice. I did read a lot of reviews on here mentioning mold, I did not see any in our bathroom and our bathroom was well stocked and clean. We had an ocean front room w/ balcony, I will say the balconies need to be cleaned. I did not sit outside on my balcony as it was very dirty and there was a bunch of ants out there eating some food from I guess the folks who had the room before us. I was disappointed to find there were no movie channels available, for a hotel that charges so much this is unacceptable. The pool needed to be cleaned, there was some small debris like sand, leaves etc. plus after getting out I felt slimey. I'm not sure what the bar is like on a busy day but when I went it was only me and my gf in there, the staff was nice though and the drinks were good. The on-site laundry area was nice but it needs to have a coin machine. All in all I would stay here again, its not high end so I wouldn't expect that but for a nice basic getaway it fits the bill.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank amiricolblue
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 6, 2010

I stayed at Paradise Plaza Inn this past long weekend for 4 nights with my girlfriend and one other couple over July 4th weekend and the stay was amazing!! We had a 7th floor premium room overlooking the ocean and it was very nice, the room was clean and plenty big. The front desk people were very helpful as well as security making sure we had parking etc. For such a busy weekend they were very accomodating. The location on the boardwalk is perfect close to everything you need. People that complain about this being a bad hotel are rediculous they are looking for problems such as hotel room phone wasnt working etc, but trully this place is great and you should definately stay here.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends