“great hotel/ excellent security.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Paradise Plaza Inn

and 1 more site!
Paradise Plaza Inn
Ranked #9 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
“great hotel/ excellent security.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

the hotel was excellent. we came down for our ravens roost and it was a lovely experience. we checked into a nice room and a clean conference room which we set up as our hospitality room. we had a good time. we received a $10 off coupon at the taphouse which is also excellent. the security guy andre was amazing. he is a real big guy, somewhat intimidating but he is a lovable teddy bear who helped us through our whole visit. hes nice and has a good sense of humor and keeps his professionalism at the same time. glad we choose this hotel.

Room Tip: all floors have excellent rooms::great conferece rooms. a/c work excellent
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for your kind review. Glad to hear that you had a good time and found Andre “amazing” and accommodating. He had actually just started a week or two before your group arrived so we are please he is fitting in. I am not sure that he wanted his cover blown, “lovable teddy bear”. He has inherited a new nick name since your review!

Tim Goff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
Middle Village, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

I write reviews to tell people of what I experienced during my stay. It is then up to the reader to determine how it would apply to them.
So the first thing I would say is to avoid booking Room 210 at all costs. This room shares a wall with the bar & grille, which provides live entertainment until the early morning hours (11:30 on Friday night, 1:00AM on the Saturday we were there). The volume made it seem that the entertainers were in the room with us. Sleep was impossible. I would suggest booking rooms on the upper floors only. Our room was not ready until 4:00PM which to me is a bit late for check in. Our room was not cleaned at all on Saturday and bottled water was not supplied each day as was promised. The swimming pool is located in the parking lot behind the hotel, making it almost useless (it is located right next to the large rusting garbage container). There is no entrance to the hotel from the boardwalk, you must walk to the back of the hotel, through the parking lot. Lobby is small, the two elevators are very slow. The A/C is very good but very noisy especially when going on.
The rooms are large and appear to have been updated recently, except for the furniture - dresser (which had broken drawers) and TV cabinet (pealing shelves) have seen better days. Tile floors, clean walls, look new. Balcony in good condition. Bathroom also, very large and clean. Likewise, hallways appear to have been updated recently. Lobby staff was helpful at times, other times seemed inexperienced. Hotel is convenient as it located almost at the mid point of the boardwalk.

Room Tip: Do not book Room 210 under any circumstances (unless you like hearing loud music until the early mor...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank JGS1957
Thank you for writing your review. I sincerely do appreciate you stating that you write honest reviews and then you let the guest decide how to apply them. Unfortunately we sometimes get reviews from guests that don’t tell both sides of the story and as most people know, there always are two sides to every story. I couldn’t agree with you more regarding room 210. It is our least desirable room and although we typically don’t rent it, when we are in a situation with rooms becoming “out of order” for mechanical reasons, we may find it necessary to rent that room just so we can accommodate all of our arrivals. I am sorry that you found our check in time to be a bit late. 3 PM and 4 PM is a standard check in time for almost all hotels regardless of the city and in Ocean City, 4 PM is typical or almost ALL hotels. From Memorial Day to Labor Day, at a beach resort, it is very uncommon to get into your rooms prior to the check in time. I am not sure why your room wasn’t cleaned on Saturday. I am sure it was inadvertently overlooked as this is not our standard practice. If you had called down to the desk, for additional bottled water, we would have been more than happy to run it up to your room. I will admit the pool is not in the most ideal location but I can assure you that it is clean and refreshing. Obviously when the hotel was built, we felt that most guests would prefer the rooms and balconies being oceanfront rather than the pool. It would take up too much valuable real estate. I am sorry you missed the Boardwalk entrance to the hotel. There is one but it is only accessible through one of the retail stores, Sunsations. Hopefully you will give us another opportunity to make things right.

Hanover, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

The hotel room wasn't quite suitable for young children. There was mold on the outside balcony so we couldn't let them walk around out there. The hotel restaurant wasn't really ready to have guests. Every time you tried to order anything, they either didn't have it yet because it wasn't considered "in season" or they don't allow certain things like bringing drinks to your room in the actual hotel that the restaurant is located. Most hotels allow to have room service and food/drinks delivered to the room. The cleaning staff was VERY kind and the front desk staff was fairly nice as well. The beds were very comfortable and they give you more pillows than most hotels. I didn't like the construction and hammering going on in other rooms near us late at night or in the early morning. I understand the hotel is preparing for the "in season", but they should also be prepared for when they start taking reservations for other events going on in the month of May and be prepared no matter what. Overall, it's not a horrible hotel, again the staff was very kind and it makes for a better experience. Basically the rules of the hotel restaurant, being unprepared for guests, and the balconies having mold was somewhat of a problem especially having children around. I would suggest going to this hotel with friends or if you're going down to party and looking for a place on the boardwalk.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Nakita F
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
I’m sorry for the inconvenience that you encountered during your most recent stay. I apologize for the mold on the balcony. I would like to assure you that all of our rooms are not like that. I do know what you are talking about as we do have a few rooms with outdoor carpeting that do get some moss (not mold) growing due to the amount of sunlight they receive. The majority of rooms have a concrete finish and this is not an issue. We are getting to the balconies with this issue and power washing them as they become vacant. Unfortunately there is little I can do regarding the TAPHOUSE restaurant as it leased out to a third party and we have no control over their operation. I can and will however pass along your concerns and issues you encountered with them. Unfortunately the construction I cannot control as it is NOT hotel construction per say but a contractor installing a cell tower on the roof. Trust me I wish I had control over the job and their schedule for the reasons you mentioned. I am pleased though that you mentioned that we are NOT a horrible hotel, our beds are comfortable, the rooms clean and the staff are nice and hospitable.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had a Groupon for four days, we had a room with beach and ocean view. The place is right on the boardwalk so it's easy access to the beach. The people here are very friendly and helpful.
The room was very clean they come and clean it everyday give you fresh towels.The internet is a little slow. They gave us $10 off coupons to the Taproom bar & grill for every night that we stayed.We would come again.

Room Tip: Get ocean view room
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Glad to hear that you took advantage of the Group On special. We were very fortunate as the Group On campaign introduced a lot on new customers to the Paradise Plaza. I apologize for the slow Internet service. We are currently addressing the situation and actually it has only been three years since we upgraded our current equipment. Unfortunately due to the ever changing technology and the multiple devices that families are using; streaming video and downloading music, it has put a strain on our current equipment and it has slowed down the speed and connection for everyone. We will be making a change soon, hopefully within a month to correct the problem.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Just came back from the ocean city trip with my husband and it was simply fantastic. We had the room on the 8th floor oceanfront view with jacuzzi. I enjoyed the room very much. It was clean, nice, and updated for me. Sofa was clean and looked new. Bathroom was spacious and balcony view was beautiful. Staff in the front desk were awesome and caring. I'm looking forward to coming back. I loved it. We did not have an issue with either room or parking for the three days we stayed.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Funes1991
Thank you for visiting Ocean City and the Paradise Plaza Inn. I am thrilled to hear that you had a “fantastic” weekend and that we helped make that possible. We are looking forward to your return visit as much as you are. Thank you for your business!

Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

We stayed here last weekend for Cruisin OC.This was our second stay (my husband & I) at Paradise Plaza Inn and it was just as enjoyable as the first. Both times we had an ocean front balcony room. The room service was great. Always had a clean room & fresh towels. Will stay here again for sure.

1 Thank MrsDice2006
Thank you for your return visit. We appreciate all of our guests but especially those returning guests that continue to give us the opportunity to host their stay. We are extremely fortunate to have such a large number of repeat customers. Thank you for being one of those guests.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

My partner and I took a quick out of town trip to OC the day before Memorial Day wknd, and we found a great rate of 119 for a honeymoon Jacuzzi suite. the views from both balconies were great and the Jacuzzi was perfect, nice king size bed that was very comfortable and a tv in both the bedroom and living room. The desk staff was great, they allowed us to check in at 1pm (normal check in is at 4) and u receive a $10.00 voucher to use in he hotel restaurant for any food and beverage items. I loved the fact that is was located on the boardwalk, great location. the end suites have the two balconies, we had room 813. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: corner suites have 2 balconies we had room 813
2 Thank cropper2010 .
Glad that you enjoyed your quick getaway and found our Honeymoon Suite comfortable and priced right, our staff hospitable and accommodating, the value of the $10 TAPHOUSE credit and the great location. Please keep us in mind for a future visit.