“Memorial day Trip”
Review of Paradise Plaza Inn

Paradise Plaza Inn
Ranked #11 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had a Groupon for four days, we had a room with beach and ocean view. The place is right on the boardwalk so it's easy access to the beach. The people here are very friendly and helpful.
The room was very clean they come and clean it everyday give you fresh towels.The internet is a little slow. They gave us $10 off coupons to the Taproom bar & grill for every night that we stayed.We would come again.

Room Tip: Get ocean view room
1  Thank PAtravler_13
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Glad to hear that you took advantage of the Group On special. We were very fortunate as the Group On campaign introduced a lot on new customers to the Paradise Plaza. I apologize for the slow Internet service. We are currently addressing the situation and actually it has only been three years since we upgraded our current equipment. Unfortunately due to the ever changing technology and the multiple devices that families are using; streaming video and downloading music, it has put a strain on our current equipment and it has slowed down the speed and connection for everyone. We will be making a change soon, hopefully within a month to correct the problem.

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Just came back from the ocean city trip with my husband and it was simply fantastic. We had the room on the 8th floor oceanfront view with jacuzzi. I enjoyed the room very much. It was clean, nice, and updated for me. Sofa was clean and looked new. Bathroom was spacious and balcony view was beautiful. Staff in the front desk were awesome and caring. I'm looking forward to coming back. I loved it. We did not have an issue with either room or parking for the three days we stayed.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Funes1991

Thank you for visiting Ocean City and the Paradise Plaza Inn. I am thrilled to hear that you had a “fantastic” weekend and that we helped make that possible. We are looking forward to your return visit as much as you are. Thank you for your business!

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We stayed here last weekend for Cruisin OC.This was our second stay (my husband & I) at Paradise Plaza Inn and it was just as enjoyable as the first. Both times we had an ocean front balcony room. The room service was great. Always had a clean room & fresh towels. Will stay here again for sure.

1  Thank MrsDice2006

Thank you for your return visit. We appreciate all of our guests but especially those returning guests that continue to give us the opportunity to host their stay. We are extremely fortunate to have such a large number of repeat customers. Thank you for being one of those guests.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

My partner and I took a quick out of town trip to OC the day before Memorial Day wknd, and we found a great rate of 119 for a honeymoon Jacuzzi suite. the views from both balconies were great and the Jacuzzi was perfect, nice king size bed that was very comfortable and a tv in both the bedroom and living room. The desk staff was great, they allowed us to check in at 1pm (normal check in is at 4) and u receive a $10.00 voucher to use in he hotel restaurant for any food and beverage items. I loved the fact that is was located on the boardwalk, great location. the end suites have the two balconies, we had room 813. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: corner suites have 2 balconies we had room 813
2  Thank cropper2010 .

Glad that you enjoyed your quick getaway and found our Honeymoon Suite comfortable and priced right, our staff hospitable and accommodating, the value of the $10 TAPHOUSE credit and the great location. Please keep us in mind for a future visit.

Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I decided to take a weekend trip to Ocean City Maryland for my birthday. We stayed with a Groupon offer at this hotel. I wasn't quite sure how it would turn out but WOW, I was so pleased. I would definitely suggest getting in Ocean view room. They sit directly on the boards. Excellent location. The room was clean it was very quiet. I had read some reviews ahead of time and was concerned about coffee makers and couches but didn't find any of that to be true. The couch sure looked new to me. And everything was excellent. We had a really nice time. I will definitely check out this hotel again. I only have one complaint. I suggest that they lowered the height of mirror in the sleeping area. When you're under 5 foot 4, it made it very difficult to see below your neck.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

I am glad that you gave us a chance and glad to hear that you took advantage of a Group On offer. This was the first time we ran a campaign with them and it was quite successful. Yes our location is hard to beat as well as that ocean view. I have mentioned in previous review responses, I try to let potential guest know that we use the winter and “off” months to address many of our repairs and projects so we are ready for the season. New couches were one of those projects that we did complete so I am glad that you took notice. We look forward to your return and we will check out that mirror height.

Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

This was our third trip to O.C. and our third time staying here. We had a beautiful, spacious front corner room that was super clean and modern and had exceptionally comfortable beds (my husband and I both have bad backs) but we slept like babies. The staff was very friendly upon check-in but we're more interested in talking to the other staff members, rather then greeting us, each time we walked thru the lobby. We stay at this hotel because of the quality of the hotel and the close proximity to everything on the boardwalk and will continue to stay here in future visits.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Karen R

Thank you for your wonderful review! The staff and I appreciate all of your comments and glad to hear that you will keep us in mind for future visits.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

I planned my first Ocean City getaway and found the hotel on line. The pictures and reviews were great. The room was not as modern as I thought it would be. It could use some updating. However, the bed was very clean and comfortable. Our ocean view was spectacular! Exactly what I wanted. Unfortunately, we had a weekday stay before Memorial Day and the hotel restaurant wasn't open, so we didn't get to enjoy that. We arrived 15 minutes before check-in time, and they gave us a $40 dinner voucher because the room was not ready! What a pleasant surprise, and we were early. The staff was gracious. Would I do it again? Probably!!

Room Tip: The Marlin Room had an excellent ocean view!
1  Thank Califu123

I am sorry that you were here during the week in May when the TAPHOUSE wasn’t open. Naturally now that Memorial Day has passed, it is open 7 days a week for the season. You are right, the hotel is 16 years old and not the most modern but as you mentioned, we feel the rooms are clean and comfortable and most relaxing; the awesome views! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host your visit and for keeping us in mind for a future visit.