“Amazing!”
Review of Paradise Plaza Inn

Paradise Plaza Inn
Ranked #11 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I came down here for vacation with my boyfriend, i was actually expecting the worst but it turned out to be amazing. Our oceanfront balcony view was the best for some yoga early in the morning. Everything was so clean. The housekeeping staff were very kind and helpful, the staff downstairs were great too. I loved going to the taphouse and using our ten dollar vouchers every day during our stay, my boyfriend lovedddd the wings. Overall it was a nice stay for such a bargain too. I had one tiny problem and that was the issue with the toothbrush and toothpaste. Other than that, everything was absolutely perfect. I'm actually thinking about coming back.

Room Tip: Get the oceanfront full view balcony room, worth every penny!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

I am glad to hear that you were pleased with your recent stay especially after mentioning the fact that you were expecting the worst. I would be anxious to hear why you were expecting a “bad experience” since you had not stayed with us before? Nonetheless, I am glad to hear that we were able to accommodate you in one of the oceanfront rooms with a large balcony since the open air and ocean view are ideal to enjoy a daily workout. Unfortunately I am not familiar with the “tiny problem” you had regarding the issue with the toothbrush and toothpaste so I really cannot comment on that. We do however keep a number of toiletry items at the front desk including toothpaste and tooth brushes but again I’m not sure if that would have helped you. I am pleased that you are already considering us for a future visit. Please do keep us in mind if Ocean City remains in your future plans.

Tim Goff

Write a ReviewReviews (1,049)

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

We came to OC for a one night trip to take care of some business regarding our upcoming wedding in OC later this year. We discovered the Taphouse last year while we were on vacation and thought we'd give the hotel a try.

We decided to splurge a little and booked an oceanfront jacuzzi room, which was quite a bargain even with it being offseason. We checked in and immediately loved the room(607).

The room itself was spacious and overall very clean, though we did find a few hairs on the tub wall...not a huge deal for us, though I am sure it would be for others guests. The bathroom did show a little wear and year, but seeing as that room probably sees more than a thousand people every year in it, a little wear and tear is to be expected.

We did experience a few other housekeeping issues, such as we could not find the complimentary water the room was supposed to come with, but within 2 minutes of calling the front desk, we had 2 bottles of water delivered to the room for us. Then, in the morning we woke up and a I went to make coffee and discovered that we had condiment packs, but no coffee packets! I went down to the front desk and the girl there was very nice and got some packets right away, but they were decaf and I needed the high octane to kick start my day. She told me she would have it sent up to the room shortly so I went back to the room and within minutes she hand-delivered the regular coffee to us! Great job front desk!

Since the room was on the corner of the building, we got an extra bonus of having 2 balconies. The small oceanfront was great - the perfect spot to people watch down below on the Boardwalk. The side balcony was large and had a great ocean view as well. It came with a table and chairs and lounge chairs which would have been an added treat if the weather was warmer.

The stay also included two $10 vouchers for the Taphouse. One for the night of the stay and one for the checkout day. We used our first one for a late night buffalo chicken dip takeout (it was so-so) and a beer while I waited on it. We used the other voucher the next morning for breakfast (Taphouse Mess - YUM!) They have a great beer selection and specials and the service was outstanding with each visit.

If it wasn't for the few housekeeping oversights, I would easily give this a 5-star review. Overall our stay was great and we look forward to staying again sometime in the future!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Scott H

Thank you for your recent review and for giving the hotel an opportunity to accommodate you during visit. I do apologize for the issues you experienced while visiting and appreciate the fact that although unacceptable, you were kind enough to say they were not major problems (at least to you). Thank you for bringing these to my attention because April is the month we hire a lot of new employees and we start the training process. Obviously, there are a few areas we need to concentrate on. I am pleased to hear that the front desk came through and attended to your needs in a timely fashion. We look forward to your return visit and by the way; Congratulations and best of luck to you and your fiancée in your new life that awaits you!

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Although it was just a call, there is nothing better than being greeted by a friendly, helpful and patient person on the other end. If our stay in July is as pleasant as the woman who booked our reservation for us yesterday, we are in for a real treat! Looking forward to our visit.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank LiLi_D5
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Wow! A review before your actual stay. Thanks for taking time to do that. I think this is a reflection of how hospitable our staff is and as most would agree, first impressions are lasting ones. I feel confident that this will carry through to your visit and your stay. See you this summer.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I booked 2 rooms here to have a weekend away with my daughters and my girlfriend. The girls were on the 7th floor, in a side room that had the partial ocean view, and we were in a Marlin Suite on the 6th floor with the ocean view and a huge side balcony. We were all very happy. The rooms were clean and made up fresh each day.

My daughters wished there was a DVD player for the TV, but that is something many hotels do not have, and they had their laptops to watch something anyway. They did have a problem with the fridge freezing things (room 709) but they never mentioned it until we were driving home so nobody had a chance to correct that for them. Their room had all tile on the floor, which if I had been there I can say I would not have liked myself, but I do not know if that is something you can state a preference for or not. The girls really liked the bath and body works lotion that was here instead of the normal generic stuff you find in a hotel too.

Our room was a nice suite with 2 queen beds in the bedroom and a sofa bed in the other room. (room 602) Unlike the girls, our room was carpeted, which I liked MUCH better, and it was far better for our 1 yr old that was crawling around too. Definitely something I would state a preference for in the future if it is an option, and maybe something folks might want to ask about if they do have a preference.

Our suite had a very nice jacuzzi tub, which was clean, worked well and was nice and comfortable. We used it both nights of our stay and had no complaints there, good way to end the day. They had some bath salts for the tub, but I would say it would have been nice to have some sort of bubble bath instead. Just a personal preference though, and probably something I should have thought to pack myself in the first place.

I would have liked a better mattress, and I had to roll over a few times in the night because I found my side getting sore, but this is something I have trouble with on MANY beds in hotels. I am probably just a bit picky when it comes to a mattress. Nobody else mentioned a problem with their beds, so I'm thinking it was just me there. If they had an option for a king size bed instead of 2 queens I would have liked that too, but it was not a choice.

I was VERY pleased with their service. This was an anniversary for us and I had asked for some rose petals on the bed and some chocolate wine (she likes sweet stuff) and they were happy to help me out. When we checked in they had made a heart with the rose petals which was perfect and she loved it!

As some mentioned, the parking lot IS small, and when we were there they had a construction trailer parked across 3 of the spaces too (which I would think should have been in that overflow lot they have instead honestly). I have a suburban, and parking was tough with it trying to get into and out of a spot, but since I had 2 rooms and each gets a parking space, I just resorted to parking at an angle across two spots and that solved my issue anyway.

I did have a problem with my phone flashing a red light constantly, as if there was a message. I tried to answer messages, but there were none and that did not fix it. I called the front desk and they said they were working on upgrading the phones...not the best answer, but it was easily solved by just unplugging the phone altogether so I didn't have the red light flashing all night long.

They offer $10 coupons for the restaurant on the 2nd floor for each day of your stay which was a very nice addition since they do not have their own food. Unfortunately, that place had a very small "Spring Menu" that made it not worth eating there even for the $20 off the meal I could get, but that is not the fault of the hotel and I have reviewed that on their own listing.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

First and foremost, Happy Anniversary and for selecting the Paradise Plaza Inn to spend your special occasion. Thank you for taking the time to highlight as many features of the hotel as you did and being so positive. I do apologize for the construction trailer in the parking lot. Unfortunately we had to have some unexpected work done at the hotel, which was impossible to predict and naturally it happened to fall during a busy weekend. I hope you plan a future visit and possibly make the Paradise Plaza Inn a preferred anniversary location.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

This is by far one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in Ocean City, MD especially with such a great rate. 4-star quality rooms and services with a price that is of a 2-star hotel. If you want a great bargain, this is the place to go.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for your kind words. As I have responded to previous reviews I have always thought and continue to do so that the Paradise Plaza Inn IS one of the best price values in Ocean City for an oceanfront hotel with an outstanding location. I admit that we are not the newest or the “glitziest” but we offer clean rooms and a friendly, hospitable staff.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

I was given great service throughout my whole stay. I would like to thank Gigi and Jennifer for great customer service and being very friendly every time I stay. They are always making sure I'm taken care of and all my request are met to the fullest. I can say that this is one of the best hotels and management in ocean city MD. Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you from me (and them) for praising the staff and specifically the two individuals you mentioned. Although I feel all of our staff is exceptional, GiGi and Jenn certainly go out of their way on a daily basis to make everyone feel welcome and comfortable. We certainly hope to see you back here again soon!

Reviewed April 4, 2014

My husband and i have been spending our vacations at the Paradise now for over 6 years. We have never had a bad room, plenty of a/c or heat, plenty of blankets, nice clean comforters on the beds, housekeeping staff wonderful, never heard anyone speak a nasty word, never been treated badly. We have always had a wonderful time with wonderful awesome people. Tim, Gigi, Denise, Jen, Angie and and the rest of the staff are gracious, kind and caring and considerate . They will all work with you to accommodate all of your concerns. One year we put a jinx on our room, the tv was fuzzy, less than 30 minutes we had a new Flat screen. the fridge wasn't getting that cold and they brought a brand new one, I then knocked a small corner of the coffee table off and Gigi asked me if I was trying to take a piece of Paradise with me. I have Never and I mean never ever seen or heard any disrespect of any guests. Can't wait to go back in May, can't wait to see everyone, can't wait, Love love love the Paradise and all you wonderful girls and guys that work to please.

Room Tip: No Room at the Paradise is a bad room, they all have a great view of the Ocean and the Bay, Awesome...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Herkykal

Thank you very much for sharing such positive thoughts and your experience at the Paradise Plaza Inn. Naturally, we always think that we go out of our way to please everyone and accommodate them the best we can, so when we receive a negative review indicating otherwise, it bothers the entire staff and they take it to heart. Thank you for being such a loyal repeat customer!