“Excellent service”

Ranked #11 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Baltimore, Maryland
“Excellent service”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I was given great service throughout my whole stay. I would like to thank Gigi and Jennifer for great customer service and being very friendly every time I stay. They are always making sure I'm taken care of and all my request are met to the fullest. I can say that this is one of the best hotels and management in ocean city MD. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2014
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Thank you from me (and them) for praising the staff and specifically the two individuals you mentioned. Although I feel all of our staff is exceptional, GiGi and Jenn certainly go out of their way on a daily basis to make everyone feel welcome and comfortable. We certainly hope to see you back here again soon!

Tim Goff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
Reviewed April 4, 2014

My husband and i have been spending our vacations at the Paradise now for over 6 years. We have never had a bad room, plenty of a/c or heat, plenty of blankets, nice clean comforters on the beds, housekeeping staff wonderful, never heard anyone speak a nasty word, never been treated badly. We have always had a wonderful time with wonderful awesome people. Tim, Gigi, Denise, Jen, Angie and and the rest of the staff are gracious, kind and caring and considerate . They will all work with you to accommodate all of your concerns. One year we put a jinx on our room, the tv was fuzzy, less than 30 minutes we had a new Flat screen. the fridge wasn't getting that cold and they brought a brand new one, I then knocked a small corner of the coffee table off and Gigi asked me if I was trying to take a piece of Paradise with me. I have Never and I mean never ever seen or heard any disrespect of any guests. Can't wait to go back in May, can't wait to see everyone, can't wait, Love love love the Paradise and all you wonderful girls and guys that work to please.

Room Tip: No Room at the Paradise is a bad room, they all have a great view of the Ocean and the Bay, Awesome...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Herkykal
Thank you very much for sharing such positive thoughts and your experience at the Paradise Plaza Inn. Naturally, we always think that we go out of our way to please everyone and accommodate them the best we can, so when we receive a negative review indicating otherwise, it bothers the entire staff and they take it to heart. Thank you for being such a loyal repeat customer!

Westminster, Maryland
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Overall the trip was ok with a few minor problems, lights in bathroom would not shut off,loud noise when heat came on, etc. However, when i checked out i forget my flask which was in the kitchen cabinet. My wife called when we arrived home and informed the front desk off the problem and was told they would check it out and call back. Next day, no call, she called again and asked to talk to the manager. Same story, no call. My wife called again and asked to talk to the manager, Gigi, and was told they would check to see if it was there. Next day, again no call. My wife called again and was told nothing was there. I know for a fact that it was there and someone took my flask. This problem could have been handled a lot differently had someone cared. Apparently no one does !

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank howard j
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
First and foremost let me correct you and assure you that we DO care about all of our guests and any issues they may have while we are hosting their visit. I am sorry that you had a few issues while staying with us. I hope you called down to the desk regarding the lights in the bathroom that wouldn’t turn off. It is not the first time this has happened as it is a timer that sometimes gets stuck yet it can easily be fixed and corrected by our maintenance department. Some of our HVAC units will make noises when “kicking” on and we do try to replace those units, if necessary, when it is brought to our attention. The flask! I discussed the issue with my assistant, who you had talked to. It was explained to you that during this time of year as we start to gear up for the season, we have a number of new housekeepers that are only working weekends and nothing had been found at the time of your call. You were also told that it was necessary to talk to the housekeeper that actually cleaned the room and that she might not be back until the following weekend, on her next scheduled shift. Due to this, there was no reason to call you daily without any new information. It is not uncommon that we receive a number of calls about lost and found items from guests that insist something was left in their room only to find out days or even weeks later that the guest calls back to apologize because someone else in the family had picked up the item. You also must keep in mind that hotels are not responsible for lost and found items left behind or not locked up in the in-room safe. Hallelujah, 6 days later upon the return of the housekeeper, the flask was found and returned to its rightful owner.

Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We will never book a room there again.Upon entering room my husband noticed there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom. When asked they said none of the rooms have them due to renovation. My husband got sick. We were supposed to have a private balcony but we were on 2nd floor had to share with others. First morning there our room wasn't serviced by the maids . had to call 3 times to get it cleaned. They used a powerful cleaner that almost knocked you out when you entered the room. Couldn't sleep well cause of a loud heating unit. I woke up every time it kicked on. Which was about once per half hour. I seen dirty air ducts that was spreading dirt across the celling. You couldn't sit and watch tv because it couldn't be moved it could only be watched from the one bed. No comforters on beds like in the pictures just a lot of sheets .Oh not to mention we had a hard time finding a parking space in their small parking lot. also got a dinge in my car door from someone there cause of the small spaces. I will not recommend this hotel or stay there again. Also when we were getting ready to check out another customer was trying to get into our room. They gave it to someone else before we were even checked out checkout is at 11am and this was like 8 am Its way at the bottom of my list very dissatisfied !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank Candy M
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
I am sorry to read about your recent stay at the hotel and how disappointed you were. I have worked at a number of hotels in Ocean City and surrounding areas that all have the same type of bathroom exhaust system that we have here. True it may not be the most practical or efficient and it is unlike what most people are familiar with and have at home. The system consists of large fans on the roof of the building that draw the air and moisture out of the bathroom; eliminating any noise from a motor/fan running in the bathroom itself. The employee that explained that to you was correct in telling you that none of the bathrooms have them. I am sorry that your husband got sick from the lack of a bathroom exhaust fan? I’m sorry you ended up on the 2nd floor where we are completely resurfacing the patios with an epoxy coating. I have tried to apologize for any inconvenience by posting on the slider patio door an explanation that when completed they will look great and be much more comfortable. It was a project that many of our previous guests expressed would be a nice upgrade. We listened to them and are trying to make improvements that everyone will benefit from. Unfortunately, it was necessary to take the side railings down while the work was being completed. Typically they are “private”, just not in this case when the work was being done. I am not sure why your room wasn’t serviced and am sorry it took three calls to get it taken care of. After reading your review, I did inspect the room regarding the TV not being able to swivel. I had no problem with that but do realize that there are two beds in that room and the TV would have to be properly situated in order to view it from both beds. I am not sure what picture you were looking at but after upgrading our bed linens, our beds no longer have bulky comforters. Like most hotels, we converted to triple sheeting; so you now have a fitted sheet and a top sheet, then the filled comforter with a third sheet on top of that. This way everything is washed after each guest’s stay, eliminating dirty or soiled comforters. There is no question that this could appear as “lots of sheets”. We were sold out the weekend you were here; nonetheless we have sufficient parking for all of our guests with a secondary lot across the street and literally a stone’s throw from the front of the hotel. Most hotels in Ocean City have secondary lots, with the majority of them two or three blocks away from the main building and across Coastal Highway and six lanes of traffic. I get a kick out of people complaining about walking a half of block to park their car yet they don’t think twice (or complain) about walking 10 or 12 blocks to get their Thrasher’s fries or funnel cake! The “ding” in your car; that could have happened anywhere, any time and any place. I did talk to the assistant manager that you discussed the fan issue with as well as other employees that were on duty while you were here. Despite all of problems you brought to our attention in your review, the fan issue was the only one you made us aware of during your stay. We do try to address and correct any and all problems someone might have while being our guest; however in order to correct them we do need to be made aware of the issues, rather than learning about them days later upon reading a review. Fortunately Ocean City has a wide selection of hotel accommodations and at price ranges that will meet most people's budget.

West Lawn, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Great for guys weekend , Bar on site ,Ocean view ,courteous staff.Bar Pickels near by, centrally located, check out coupon book , we ate at Johnny Pizza for 39$ and got Two pizzas ,18 wings and two big fries

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Glad that you had such a great golfers/guy weekend! There is no question that during the month of March there are a number of “good” deals when it comes to eating out. A lot of 2 for 1 special’s and inexpensive meals. Hope you enjoyed our own TAPHOUSE on site. Please keep us in mind for your next golf getaway or beach vacation.

Pasadena, Maryland
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I recently stayed at the Paradise for a weekend getaway with family and many friends. The hotel was great and the staff from the front desk to the housekeeping to bar/restaurant were absolutely fantastic and made our stay perfect. It is so very nice to have a rest/bar in the hotel what a great perk. We parked our car and didnt have to drive to get anywhere since we were directly on the boardwalk and beach. Can't wait to go back when the weather is a little warmer so we can utilize the outsde pool and beach. Thanks to the staff once again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank debra c
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. I am thrilled to hear that you had such a great time and look forward to a return visit. I think everyone is looking forward to warmer weather so they can enjoy the beach and our great location to the fullest. I am especially pleased that you found the staff friendly and accommodating! We do pride ourselves in having one of the friendliest staff’s in Ocean City.

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed stay very much. The hotel was very clean and the staff was great and very helpful. I would recommend staying here. Great location on the boardwalk and walking distance to a lot of places. One of the best stays I have had at ocean city.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for your recommendation to other potential guests looking for a reasonable, clean hotel with a great location! Please keep us in mind for a return visit.