Paradise Plaza Inn
Ranked #11 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed stay very much. The hotel was very clean and the staff was great and very helpful. I would recommend staying here. Great location on the boardwalk and walking distance to a lot of places. One of the best stays I have had at ocean city.

• Stayed: March 2014
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Thank you for your recommendation to other potential guests looking for a reasonable, clean hotel with a great location! Please keep us in mind for a return visit.

Tim Goff

Write a ReviewReviews (1,036)

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stayed the second weekend of March 2014 for my 3rd time, and like the last two times, I was very happy with my stay. I finally got an ocean front which was well worth the money. The staff is always very friendly. I am hoping to stay here again this summer.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Ken S
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thank your taking the time to share your stay with others. The staff and I thank you for being such a loyal and repeat customer. I am glad you were finally able to experience an oceanfront room as they ARE well worth it. It is like a balcony room on a cruise ship, much different than a stateroom with a port hole that you can see a little bit of the water. Once you experience it, you don’t want to settle for anything less. There is nothing like sitting and relaxing on the balcony with a cup of coffee or “people watching”. Glad the staff made you feel welcome and hopefully they too convinced you to return this summer.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Excellent room at an excellent price.Very large room.Good in house restaurant and bar.Oceanfront doesn't get much better.Good people at the front desk.Walked out of the hotel onto the boardwalk which gave us plenty of options for things to do.Thanks!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank rodney d
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Thank you staying with us. I’m glad that you found the property a good price value and the restaurant enjoyable. You’re right, our oceanfront location, the views and the convenience to walk out on the boardwalk from the hotel is tough to beat. For those that are considering our property, visit our Web site and check out our Web cam. That is your view from your oceanfront room balcony.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We were only here one night on our way to Florida and stopped by to see the horses at Assateague. We were upgraded to ocean front at no extra cost . It was a nice, clean room wit beautiful views of the sunset on the ocean as well as the boardwalk.
We had breakfast downstairs and were treated very well and the food was great. Hopefully, coming back on our way south in September. Thank you !!! Great and informative staff at the front desk.

Merci

Room Tip: Oceanfron the way to go !!! Couldn't download pics
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you for stopping by on your way down south. I hope you were able to see some of the wildlife when you were at Assateague Island. I am pleased to hear that you were satisfied and enjoyed the accommodations and were able to take in one of our beautiful sunrises! We certainly do hope to see you again in September. Enjoy Florida during this cold northeastern weather. We all envy you.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Very friendly, helpful, welcoming staff. Cozy lobby, with large, spacious, beautiful rooms upstairs. Very clean, with terrific amenities, also including bathrobes (but no continental breakfast, bring your own; attached restaurant closed on weekdays during winter). Wonderfully comfy beds. Spectacular views of the ocean, sunrises, and beach below. In mid-winter, everything was so quiet and peaceful, almost ethereal. Excellent winter rates. I could've stayed here until the summer season begins, and I will certainly be back this winter/spring when my work brings me to the area once again. Thank you, Paradise, for everything.

Room Tip: If you're a solo- or couples' traveler(s), try to get a room away from the large, corner sui...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Thank you for your fantastic review! We are so glad that you enjoyed everything and you had such a good time. We appreciate your business and kind words. Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

This month, my boyfriend and I booked a trip to Ocean City just to get away. We like traveling to the beach in the winter, when prices are cheap and there are no crowds. We booked an ocean front room and, for the money, I think we got a good deal. We typically wouldn't go anywhere near the boardwalk in the summer.

The hotel is older and a bit run down, although it looks as if they are working on some updates. I am surprised that it is rated as high as it is. It makes me wonder what the hotels below it look like!

Sofa - tattered, worn, and dirty
Coffee table - one leg was wobbly, so we were afraid to put anything on it
Desk chairs - also wobbly, we were afraid to sit on them
Beds - I thought they were comfortable. They are soft, so those needing firm support may not be happy.
Kitchennette - functional
Balcony - two chairs (one was pretty old/dirty), no table, chipped paint on balcony, rusty doors
Fridge - functional, though it almost tips over when you try to open it
Bathroom - pretty clean, although the showerhead was pretty gross

The maid did a nice job of cleaning each day but used a pretty powerfull deodorizor that gave me a headache. We had to leave the balcony open to air the place out.

Also, they give you a coupon for the Taphouse downstairs. You'll have to check out my review on that one. Stay away!

Overall, I wouldn't come back unless I found a really great deal. Please note there is no fitness room, and the elevators are slow. It wasn't an issue for us, but I bet it could be pretty crazy in the summer.

Room Tip: Go with ocean front, not ocean view, the higher up the better!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your comments and experience from your most recent visit. We appreciate your business. You’re absolutely right; winter at the beach can be an economical time to visit as well as very relaxing. We have always felt that we offer one of the best price values for your money, for an oceanfront hotel. I am the first to admit, we are a 15 year old hotel, we are not the shiniest or the glitziest but we do have a great staff and clean rooms. If that is what you are looking for, I would suggest the Hilton or the Holiday Inn but be prepared to pay for it. We are aware of the need to replace some of our sofa beds. That should be completed by mid April. The furniture issues, we are addressing during the winter/spring when we are not as busy and we can complete these needed projects. I’m glad you found the rooms clean and apologize for the deodorizer that was a bit overwhelming. I am sorry you didn’t find the $10 per day credit in the TAPHOUSE restaurant useful and although I am not sure of your issues, I can honestly say, since last summer, yours is only one of two complaints that have been brought to my attention. Although it is leased out to a third party operator, I still like to be aware of issues they may have. We do try to offer and provide additional amenities and services the best we can but we are a fairly small hotel with limited space for a fitness center and additional elevators.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

This was me and my wife's third time coming to Paradise, and I must say, it just gets better and better. The room's are very clean, the location is perfect, and the staff is excellent. We're definitely coming again. Thanks so much Tim.

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you! We certainly do appreciate your business and return patronage. We are very fortunate to have such a strong repeat customer base and we do try to constantly make changes for the better and most of all, maintain clean rooms. I too think our staff is excellent and most of them know how important it is to me and the success of this hotel. It is something we constantly strive for and address with not only our new hires but also our dependable, stable employees. Thank you for letting me and others know that we are on the right track.