Paradise Plaza Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Grand Hotel & Spa(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$67
Atlantic Oceanfront Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$59
$74
$130
$117
Princess Royale Resort(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$139
Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$69
$62
Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$255
$211
Hilton.com
Comfort Inn Boardwalk(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$104
Holiday Inn Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$58
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$225
$170
HolidayInn.com
1,069 results
All reviewstaphouse restaurantmarlin suiteocean frontmain lotbottled watercandy kitchenjacuzzi tubtile floorspartial ocean viewoceanfront roomoff seasonbar and grillmemorial dayrooms are largetwo queen bedsmini fridgesenior week
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Paradise Plaza Inn for the entire July 4th holiday and my birthday weekend. We stayed here last summer and loved the accommodations so much that it was a no - brainer that we return. Again, our stay was perfect!! What more could we ask for - a suite overlooking the Atlantic Ocean from the 3rd. floor where we could see the beautiful view of the water- on the boardwalk - and people watch at the same time. ALL the hotel staff was so accommodating - and pleasant. Thanks Jenn - you are the best!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Towson667
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Happy belated birthday! I trust you had a memorable birthday weekend and am glad to hear that you are a return customer. We certainly look forward to your visit next summer and hopefully you will consider coming back during the off season or during the “shoulder” months!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed in this place July 7-8, 2013. I stayed on the 6 floor but the place is a total dump. The first night I stayed in the room I had several bugs walking around on my bed sheets. I saw several buts crawling up the wall. My bathroom sink wasn't draining and my toilet was over filling on the floor. The carpet was dirty and the balcony door locks were broke leaving them open while our property was there. I called the front desk and they acknowledged that I had a serious problem so they decided to move me to a better room. The entire place need major updating and cleaning. The pool is in the parking lot some might not mind that. Front desk and staff were pleasant no complaints there. I would not stay here ever again. Believe me I am not looking for a high end place just clean.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank MANNY369
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

I am sorry that you found the hotel “a total dump”. That somewhat surprises me because in the three years that I managed the property, I have never heard that. I am not saying that we don’t have our share of problems because we are certainly not perfect. Regarding the “bugs”, that is not uncommon as the majority of our guests loves to leave their slider door open so they can listen to the waves and hear the local sounds on the Boardwalk. Unfortunately when doing so, bugs do get in the rooms and on the walls and although we do try to thoroughly clean the rooms, there are sometimes remnants of moths or flies that we have missed. I am sure there have been times in your own home that you have had “pesky” flies that you can’t seem to get rid of. I have no answer for your slow draining sink or overflowing toilet as that too can happen anytime at your own home or at another hotel. Fortunately the desk offered and was able to move you to a different room. We are well aware of the locking mechanisms on the slider doors as I have tried to explain before, the salt air reeks havoc on metal frames and since it has been difficult to obtain spare parts, we have installed a security bar behind the slider door that secures the door so it doesn’t open from the outside balcony. I admit when the locks are like this, the doors don’t lock with the thumb locks but I can assure you that the additional locks that we have installed more than secure the room. I am sorry that you felt unsafe.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I am so looking forward to staying at this hotel again! We have stayed twice before and loved it. My only regret is that we can never seem to get into the larger Dolphin/Marlin Suites. I wish they had a waiting list because I would be #1 on it!! So excited to head here again in August!! I have spoken with Tim on the phone and he has been so friendly and accomodating, as have others on their staff.

Tim - If you are reading this - and a cancellation happens for August 29th - call me :)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

I am indeed reading this review. We have a Dolphin Suite for the 29th but only for one night! So glad that you are one of our regular customers and will be back soon! We look forward to seeing you again in August. Stop by and say “hi”.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed 4 nights. Housekeeping was wonderful! Our room was cleaned and stocked each day. Loved the fact that there wasn't carpet in the room! Our room had tile flooring and it was mopped daily! A nice surprise was the jacuzzi tub that we didn't request. The restaurant in the hotel had a nice bar and the breakfast was good. Didn't have a lot of choices on the menu,but, we received $10 off coupons for each day we stayed!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Kidkrazy76

I am thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful stay. It is always a pleasure to hear from guests that had a positive experience and not just the negative. Thank you. Please keep us in mind for your next visit.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

My stay was on 6/23/2013 thru 6/28/2013. First time with an ocean front room and it was worth it! Our room was #208 for the first night then we had a little issue and the manager and staff were right on it and had us move to room#508. Both rooms had great views of the ocean and boardwalk. Staff was perfect as usual. And the taphouse pub is always a great addition to the hotel. My only complaint would be to enforce the (no smoking rule) but that is by no way a deal breaker. See you next year and we will try to book the two room suite if it is available. Thank you again for everything.

Room Tip: Ocean front is the way to go but if one is not available side views are just as comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. I am glad that we were able to correct any issues you had. I apologize for not enforcing the “no smoking rule” more diligently. Please understand that this was the first season that we converted to a non-smoking facility and we have many a repeat guest (which we are thankful for) that are smokers and in the past was the reason they booked with us. Naturally we would have liked to make the conversion immediately but we did have a number of advanced reservations that had requested smoking rooms so we had to try and pacify them as well. I feel confident that after this summer it won’t be much of an issue. We look forward to your return and don’t forget to ask about our “Return Guest Rate” when booking next year’s reservation.