“Paradise Plaza” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
Harrington
“Paradise Plaza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed at the Paradise Plaza during the St. Patricks Day parade. It was great! In walking distance to everything on the Boardwalk! Rooms were very nice and roomy. I booked again for Bike Week in September and am looking forward to my stay.

Room Tip: For more than one couple, the Doplhin Suite is great!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dawn K
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for your business. I must admit, the St. Patty’s Day weekend was quite the success with lots of happy people. Glad you enjoyed the location and hotel itself and are thrilled that you booked a return visit for Bike Week. We are very fortunate to have the repeat customer base like you that we have. Thanks!

Tim Goff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Pasadena, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We reserved a block of 26 rooms for our travel club. The staff went out of their way to get everyone the type and location of the room they wanted. We had use of the large conference room and it made our trip special. Great .friendly waiters and bar staff topped it off.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean front room. Beautiful view. We saw dolphins swimming in the mornings.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mary41310
First of all, let me thank you and your entire group, what a great “lively” bunch of friendly people. We loved hosting your group over St. Patty’s Day and look forward to your return next year. I understand that the Club has even added a second trip in the fall. That is great! I am glad you found everything accommodating and were able to enjoy the 9th St. TAPHOUSE restaurant too while you were here. We look forward to your return.

Pasadena, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

THe Paradise plaza hotel was very enjoyable. It is clean and up to date. We had an Ocean front view with a balcony with fabulous views of the sunrise. THe room was spacious with a kitchenette and sitting area. The Tap House Resturant in the Hotel has great food and very friendly staff

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sharon F
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, especially as positive as it was so potential guests that haven’t stayed here can read both the good and bad reviews. This way they can compare hotels and make up their own mind if they would like to give us the opportunity to earn their business. Hope to have you back as our guest soon.

New Freedom, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay in March 2013. The room was very nice. It was clean, spacious, the beds were comfortable, and the little kitchenette was convenient. They have a safe for your valuables. My room had a coffee maker and even had coffee, creamer, sugar, etc. There is a soda machine and ice right down the hall, and you have an ice bucket with cups in your room to get it with. They give you 2 bottles of water each day when room service comes by. Plenty of towels, shampoo, soap, hair dryer, even 2 robes! Free WiFi as well. They also have a restaurant (however I didn't get a chance to go to it). The staff was very friendly and accomidating. And the location is awesome... 9th street and right on the boardwalk, has Sunsations next to the lobby entrance, Alasken Ice, and a row of shops on the boardwalk including a Candy Kitchen. There is a liquor outlet right across 9th street as well. Oh, did I mention a the beach bathroom so you don't have to go up to your room? They have an outside pool also, but I was there off season so it was not open. I have nothing but good things to say about Paradise Plaza Inn. In fact, I cancelled my reservation at another place and booked it here at PP for August. I can't wait to stay here again. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!

Room Tip: *I had a room facing 9th street (#309), but had a clear view of the boardwalk and ocean. *They hav...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Ken S
I am pleased that you found that the hotel was able to meet all if not most of your needs and you found the staff friendly and the rooms clean. We do feel like that we have many of the amenities and services that the general public is looking for. True, like all of Ocean City, some of the amenities and services are not offered year round however from March to November most are in full swing, especially on weekends and as the weather warms up, weekdays too. Thank you for changing your August reservation and re-booking with us. We appreciate it and look forward to your return visit.

Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I had stayed at the Paradise Plaza Inn years ago and I returned last week. I looked at the recent reviews on Trip Advisor and was hesitant. They have a bunch of great reviews but the last two or so were not that great. After taking it all in stride and reading them, I realized that the more recent ones weren't so much a hotel issue but more a Boardwalk and restaurant issue. Even as the guests mentioned, they agreed it wasn't so much the fault of the hotel but city construction and a seasonal restaurant. So I decided to take a chance since I had a great time on my previous visit. I am glad I did. The room was great and as clean as a whistle. Yes the Boardwalk was torn up a bit due to it's reconstruction but it didn't really effect us as we weren't there primarily for the Boardwalk and it did appeared that work was coming to an end. The front desk staff, they couldn't be any friendlier and more welcoming. I met, Tim, the manager and he was as pleasant as can be and went out of his way to be most accommodating and informative. All I can say is Kudos to the Paradise Plaza Inn and I will return next time without hesitation. See you this summer!

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms are well worth any additional cost.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank William T
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your honest, kind review and understanding that sometimes things are just beyond ones control. Your review was quite welcome especially after the previous one! We look forward to your return this summer.

Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My husband and I always stay at this hotel for our anniversary (early March). The location and staff can't be beat. The rooms are spacious and clean. This hotel is right on the boardwalk and offers breathtaking views of the ocean and boardwalk. We would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Erin B
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience. We are very appreciative of your positive review and even more so that you include us in your anniversary plans. I hope that remains a lifelong practice. We look forward to your visit next March if not sooner.

Windsor Mill
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Booked this hotel for a Reach the Beach function in February. My review would take more than 200 characters, so to summarize... My 4p check-in time turned into a 6p check-in time because the room had not been cleaned. We were informed twice the room was ready, went to the room twice only to find it was still not ready. We had a function at 6p so we were late. Speaking by phone with a hotle representative twice, I was informed my rooms (one booked by another parent) could be on the same floor or possibly adjoining. Neither were granted. The rooms are spacious, The bathroom was extremely small (the door had a groove because it actually touches the toilet! I sent an email regarding my concerns to the General Manager, Tim Goff, but have yet to hear a reply. Very disappointed!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank scooby1016
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
I understand your frustration and do apologize for the inconvenience. I certainly realize how upsetting it can be when you expect a 4 PM check in only to arrive and find out there is a delay. In all fairness, if that happens a half dozen times a year with the thousands of room nights we have pass through, it is not that bad., until it happens to you. I am sorry it was you and your party that experienced it. I did receive your letter dated March 1st and unfortunately, I was on vacation the weekend you were here and have been in and out since your letter arrived, dealing with a family emergency. I am sorry I was not able to deal with your complaint sooner and would have rather done that directly with you instead of through Trip Advisor. You mentioned connecting rooms and rooms on the same floor. Yes we can accommodate many guests’ requests and more often than not we do. But it is a “request” and not a guarantee. One thing too that you don’t understand is the room type you reserved, we only have 5 of them in the entire hotel of 89 rooms. If for any reason one or two of these rooms don’t check out on time, it bumps our schedule back to get into those rooms. We are human, we will make mistakes and most often when rooms are not ready by the check in time it is for reasons beyond our control. I wish more guests would understand things like this do happen. No hotel is immune to this. I do admit that the staff needed to be upfront with you when they saw that there might be an issue with your check in.