“Wonderful Time!”

Ranked #11 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Sunbury, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Time!”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had a wonderful stay. Room was very clean, and just as described. Air conditioner was ICE COLD! Loved the ocean front view. Safe was an excellent idea and very useful, not something we have ever seen in our Ocean City stays. Staff was very nice and helpful.

We only have 2 suggestions.

First a chain or bar lock on the inside of the door. Even with the bolt on when small children pull on the handle it opens right up and off they go!

Second it is understood there is no comfortable pull out bed, that said the matress in our room was very stained (with what looked to be blood)on both sides and very uncomfortable probably should be replaced.

3 Thank Stacy M
Hoteltim, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I am glad that you had a nice time and we provided you with most everything you were expecting. I do know what you are suggesting for the room entrance doors and exactly what you are saying. I plan on making that one of our off season/winter projects as that is the time we can get into the rooms and make the necessary upgrades and renovations to the rooms. I apologize for the sofa beds. Many of them do need to be replaced. As a matter of fact, we have ordered a few new ones to arrive next week to replace those that are not in the best of shape. Hopefully we will be able to replace the majority if not the remaining ones by next summer. Again the off season is just about the only time we can successfully schedule a project of this magnitude without disrupting our guests. Thanks again for suggesting these items as they are very much appreciated and will only help the hotel in the long run.

Tim Goff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
Orwigsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 30, 2012

There was 7 of us in the room for my daughters 21st birthday.Plenty of room for all of us.Surprisingly there was drawer space to spare.Excellent location.Will stay here again.Next year I might try an ocean front room.

2 Thank mike w
Once again we are pleased to be part of any special occasion and certainly your daughter’s 21st birthday. With 7 of you in the room, I hope you had a Dolphin suite with the two bathrooms! I am sure with a group your size the location was a benefit so you could just about walk to anywhere you wanted to go. Definitely come back and stay with us. You definitely need to experience and enjoy one of our oceanfront rooms. The salt air, the seagulls, the ocean breeze and the Boardwalk entertainment!

Latrobe, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 30, 2012

When we arrived at Ocean City, our family of six only had accommodations for two nights at a hotel on the Ocean Gateway which was a mile from the beach. When I went into the Sunsations Store on 9th street to make a purchase, the salesman suggested I check the Paradise Plaza upstairs. We were lucky that they had a vacancy, and were surprised when they offered an early check in at 12:45! We were concerned that at $250.00 a night our family of six would be in cramped quarters but were happy to find a spacious, clean room. The staff were friendly and helpful and the pool, while small was clean. It is in a great area and it is convenient to have the Sunsations, a Dairy Queen and a burger joint downstairs along with the Taproom. We will definitely go back!

Room Tip: Beach front is the only way to go. We could easily spot our family on the beach.
1 Thank tess n
Hoteltim, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Are we glad that you “stumbled” in! The Sunsations store has been a very good partner as they often recommend the Paradise Plaza to those walking through and asking questions. As I have mentioned before, the location has always been one of our great selling tools but more and more our rooms and their cleanliness as well as our staff are getting more and more recognition and it has been two areas we have been heavily concentrating on. I know the pool can be a bit disappointing as it certainly isn’t Olympic size but as you mentioned it is typically clean and refreshing after being on the beach all day. I am always glad to hear when customers say they will be back. We look forward to your return.

new castle
Reviewed July 30, 2012

place was good and service was great. room was clean and ready before we got there. only down fall was the coffee maker was 1 cup. not enough when you drink alot of coffee, so bring your own maker other than that its a good place to stay . will be making res for next year there

1 Thank john m
Thanks for taking the time to write your review. Glad you enjoyed the service and found the hotel clean. It is also always a pleasant surprise when you can get in before the check in time. Being a coffee drinker, I can relate to the one cup coffee maker and couldn’t agree with you more. I’m afraid the 10 cup coffee maker and then the 4 cup coffee makers in hotel rooms are a thing of the past. Maybe in the next few years they will fall into the nostalgia cycle and return! Overall I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and look forward to you making a return reservation.

Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised with the level of unsolicited help from all of your staff. As I fumbled with the electronic key to open my hotel door, a member of the housekeeping staff, sensing my struggle, freely offered her assistance. That was greatly welcomed. This experience was repeated with the other staff members all through our stay. Our room was clean and well appointed. Given the great location and still quiet feel of the hotel, I am sure we will return. Thanks again for this pleasant hotel experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tobiasj
What a pleasant feeling to hear that more than one of our staff members jumped in to help and offer assistance when it was clear that you could use it. Room cleanliness is a constant struggle especially when dealing with the public, different personalities and with every one having different expectations from the hotel. We are not perfect and we do make mistakes but it is always a pleasure to hear that positive feedback and to know we met your needs and succeeded in providing you with a pleasant hotel experience. We hope you do return soon.

Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I always stay here a couple times a years....for my Birthday and my Grandparents Anniversary. We arrived On Monday July 23rd and this time I also brought a friend and her 5 year old son for the first time and they loved loved loved their stay! Everyone here especially at the front desk is always very nice and helpful. My family and friends always have nothing but nice things to say and are always looking forward to their next stay here. The room is always comfortable and clean and we are always in a great location. Ocean City is our fav beach spot and Paradise Plaza is our fav Hotel! Wouldnt stay anywhere else. Thank you once again!

Room Tip: I have asthma therefore I always need a non smoking room so if you ask for one they will be more tha...
1 Thank FeFe26
Thank you for your continued patronage! I am thrilled to hear that you visit and stay with us a couple of times a year, especially for your special occasions! Thank you for making us a part of that. We have been working hard on our customer service and our guest’s first impression with the front desk. I am glad you found them hospitable and helpful. I certainly hope we remain your favorite hotel while visiting Ocean City and always keep us in mind for that next visit. We look forward to your return. Soon I hope!

Montoursville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This was my 2nd stay at the plaza, you may be able to find my 1st review somewhere below. One comment in reference to my 1st review- I was dead wrong about there not being black-out curtains! There were black out curtains I just couldnt see them because they were pushed way back, this time I discovered them and felt like an idiot! Anyway, on to my most recent stay...

I reviewed quite late on the day of my check in, like 5am the next day late. However I mention in my reservation note that I was going to be arriving extremely late. Despite this, when I arrived my room that I had paid so much for and was so excited for up on the 7th floor, was taken by somebody else. I was pretty upset mainly because of how tired I was and how much I paid for the room that I really wanted. The man behind the counter was very apologetic and helpful though, he told me to ask him if I had any other problems. He gave me a very similar room on the 6th floor. I accepted it without a fuss. The room was quite large and very tidy, however there was not a remote to either of the TVs! This made me mad because I like to be able to constantly flip through channels and not just watch one thing. Then I accidentally unplugged the TV in the bedroom and then couldnt get it to display any channels anymore. I know I could've simply called the front desk, so that was my fault for not doing that, but that did annoy me a bit. Overall the place was very nice and I still of course, recommend it! The location is amazing and the oceanfront rooms are very worth it. The staff is always friendly and its always clean.

Room Tip: Go all out and get a ocean front room you will not regret it!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Vinnie D
Hoteltim, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Thanks for returning to the Paradise Plaza for the second time. We do appreciate the return business. I do apologize for your room being given away especially since you did make us aware of your late/early arrival and since we did have a deposit that room should have been held till 11 AM the next day. I am glad the auditor was able to arrange for other accommodations and get you to that room rather quickly. I do wish you would have called the front desk as we often keep extra remotes at the desk or worst case scenario could have had maintenance run one up to you. We certainly welcome any recommendations you are willing to offer and appreciate you acknowledging the friendly staff and clean rooms. Thank you!