All reviewskite loftyogurtfree breakfastoutdoor poolsecond buildingocean frontroom was cleanmake your own wafflesthe breakfast areahot breakfastbuilding next doormain buildingoceanfront roomnice breakfastperfect locationgood sizestove top
Reviewed September 12, 2017

Clean large room
On the boardwalk with an indoor and outdoor pool
We had a very sorry room 115
Heater did not work
Bed uncomfortable
Upholstery frayed and dirty
Curtains do not block light right in front of window
a couple of ants
Unconcerned front desk

Room Tip: Don't go to the annex with the pool
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Starviagera
Reviewed September 2, 2017

Couldn't ask for a better location. We didn't stay oceanfront, so we were in the second building (which is behind Hooters). It was nice that the only people having access were guests (needed key to open door). The stairs and ramp to that door were quite narrow. We went to our room and saw ants in the kitchen area. We called the front desk and were given the choice of another room or just have they spray. We opted to change rooms since we had a toddler staying with us. We were given a new room within minutes.

The continental breakfast was nice. It had eggs, sausage, waffles, english muffins, pastries, fruit, cereal, yogurt, juices and coffee. There isn't much seating, so you may need to take your breakfast to your room.

We used the indoor pool one morning and had the pool to ourselves. Other times it was really crowded and I'm glad we weren't in there at that time. We couldn't figure out how to turn on the lights at the pool. (Maybe we were blind; Maybe they are on a timer, but regardless, we couldn't figure it out. So we were there sort of in the dark. (It was a rainy morning.) The pool was very murky/cloudy/dirty. I refused to get in it. But my son and husband enjoyed it. The water was warm.

The A/C unit is a window unit in the wall. It was very noisy and ran non stop. We had to keep adjusting the temperature because it seemed very humid in our room at times.

The balcony is small and there isn't much privacy. The doors to the balcony are very old and have an extra lock on them.

The carpets are filthy. My son ran around in bare feet most of the time and his feet were always brown/black from the carpets. The beds are small (doubles) but relatively comfortable (but springy).

The bathroom had newer tile and countertop but the tub was probably original. However, it wasn't in bad condition. It did have a rough bottom so there wasn't any danger of slipping.

We loved the location but I feel the price we paid was not worth what we got. Maybe this is true of all hotels, but we booked a month in advance and the room was a lower price if we would have booked last minute. It was also no changes and non refundable. The rooms, had we booked later, would have been fully refundable. I felt that was unfair.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank paws0804
Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

If you're looking for folded swans on the beds and bottle service at the pool, don't stay here. If you have a family that can appreciate the convenience of staying on the boardwalk in a clean, albeit small room, within walking distance to everything, this is a great place at a reasonable price. Yes, pool on the boardwalk is small, but there is another one indoors and what better way to cool off than taking a dip and people watching before going back to your room. We've stayed 2 years in a row hear and had a great experience both times.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank CelticMin
Reviewed August 25, 2017

The property is spilt into two buildings. Our room was in the building NOT located right on the boardwalk. It was in the OTHER building. The other building was just a half block off so, I didn't mind it. The room was clean. The facilities were in more or less good order. The shower head needed some work but, I was still able to take a shower.

The big problem with this place was the entrance and exit to the SECOND. Getting in the building was a squeeze. Heaven help you if there was someone going the opposite direction from you. Those narrow steps and tight turn into the door were not meant for parties to pass one another. The bigger problem with the entrance was the smell of garbage from the dumpster across the ally. It was just overpowering. And it wasn't that hot. I can only imagine what it must be like on a really hot day. If you stay in the main building, all these items would not be a concern.

My only other real issue was that the indoor pool was fairly cloudy the first day I was there. But, there were ALOT of people in that relatively small pool. And they may have loaded the pool with dirt.

Room Tip: Be DARN SURE you don't stay in the second building.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2017

I have stayed here many times. Most recent was the end of July. The reason I stay here is because of the location. It really doesn't much better than directly on the boardwalk and just down a bit from the really crowded area. Everything you could possibly need or want is within a block or two. Since we don't spend much time in the room anyway, it's not that important to us. However, just know that the rooms are definitely on the small side. Although it is very convenient to have a kitchenette, it is also very small. We had 4 adults in a room that slept 4. With just a king bed and a pull-out sofa, it would not have worked if we didn't bring an air mattress. After rearranging the room, we all JUST fit. If we had 2 adults and 2 small children, it would have been fine. The room was clean and the beds fairly comfortable. I would compliment the housekeeping staff as they were always eager to please. The outdoor pool is very small and directly next to the boardwalk with many on-lookers. Since I went to the beach everyday, I didn't use the pool anyway. I would stay here again but you should consider how many adults would be staying in the room and be prepared for tight quarters.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are definitely recommended
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family