“Motel Of Choice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
Edgewater, Maryland
“Motel Of Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We always try to book an ocean front room at this motel when we travel to Ocean City, MD. The rooms are great, the front desk personnel, very friendly and they offer a very nice complimentary breakfast. It is centrally located to the attractions on the boardwalk if we take the grand kids but still a good location for us, the grandparents :) We can easily walk to our favorite places. It is a little pricey during peak season but we we believe, a good deal all around. We've stayed at a competitors motel, but the Comfort Inn, Boardwalk keeps us coming back.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly, not the toll free number.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Shelley H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We enjoyed our 6 night stay. The hotel has a cozy feel and very well kept. The people at the front desk are always pleasant and helpful. Our room was on the fifth floor. It was not an ocean front as the ocean fronts do no have king size beds. Our room contained a small refrigerator, microwave and utensils for 4. Every morning they serve a inclusive breakfast of cereals, fruits, yogurt, make your own waffles, scrambled eggs with either bacon or sausage, muffins and bagels. Juice, tea and coffee are available too. This is included and I am sure you can find something to eat for breakfast with this selection. Our room was very spacious, included a desk, 2 chairs and a sofa bed. Very clean, the housekeeping staff is very good.
We love the location right on the boardwalk at 5th Street in a great location for walking to all the shops etc. and an easy walk to the inlet. Hotel also has an outdoor pool and an indoor pool, which we used given it was only March. This time of year some shops are open during the week on the boardwalk but most of the boardwalks shops come alive Thursday thru Sunday. Easter time is the beginning of their busy time for boardwalk shops. We enjoy this time of year as the prices in the hotels are less expensive too. Try it you will like it. Oh yes, they have great parking and a security system that monitors the hotel right from the front desk.

3 Thank nangefv
Easton, Maryland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I realize this is only a 2 star hotel but I did expect a little more. When I arrived at reception to check in the front desk person never smiled not once through the whole process. I was asked if I had a reservation, what my last name was and the make, model, color, and state of my car. The gentleman never even looked at me, or made any type of eye contact until he handed me my room key and then all I got was a "here ya go". I work in the hotel business myself and I know a smile goes a long way and they're free. I go up to my room and my first reaction is " well this isn't too bad". I start to have a look around, the fridge is filthy inside, the microwave also dirty inside ( dried food from another guest on the sides), tables dusty, countertop sticky, silverware and tray had food and crumbs in it, ice bucket and tray had dirt and hair stuck to it. The burners on the stove were disgusting and I haven't even started on the bathroom. Toilet had feces on back of seat, hair. The exhaust fan in the bathroom was the worst! It had so much hair, dirt and dust all stuck in the plate, it was gross! On a good note the beds were the cleanest part of the room and very comfortable. I am unsure if I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We have stayed here every April for the last 5-6 years on our annual golf trip. Rooms are clean and have been updated well maintained. Housekeeping very efficient . Stayed in side building . Front desk very accomodating and easy to deal with. Breakfast buffet has been expanded to include eggs and bacon and breakfast is all included. Parking is easy and right on property and great spot to get to all the courses. Right on boardwalk makes it easy for morning walk. Will be back next year.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ED L
Parkton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Hubby and I had a great unplanned overnight trip to Ocean City, Md. We were happy with a previous stay at the Comfort Inn and were happy to stay at the Comfort Inn at 5th and the Boardwalk on March 9th. The front desk worker was great and the free breakfast was pleasant too. The room was clean and we had a nice corner room where the balcony had a view of the ocean. Would definitely stay there again.

1 Thank Eileen W
Valley Forge PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were going to stay at Comfort Inn but here's why we changed our minds: Upon arrival, we had to lug our suitcases up a few steps to get to the front desk. The clerk there was unfriendly and rude. He was playing with some kind of box on his counter and kept us waiting instead of greeting us and saying something like, "Good afternoon, I'll be right with you". Finally, we checked in and went to our room. It looked OK until I went to close the door. It wouldn't latch.
I mean, if anyone passing by wanted to push on it, the door would open! I immediately called the front desk and the guy said someone would be right up to fix it. We were wanting to go right back out for dinner but didn't want to leave our room unlocked. After waiting around 10 minutes, we started out the door with our luggage and were finally met by an employee in the hall. He showed us that all we had to do was SLAM the door ... hard!! Well, that didn't sit very well with my petite little wife. So he agreed to give us a new room. We got in the new room, the door closed nicely, and then, heard loud talking and laughing coming from the employee break room.
After that, we immediately rolled our unpacked bags out to the elevator, stopped at the front desk and bid them goodbye. We had very bad vibes about this joint. It reminded me of someplace in a bad neighborhood. We ended up paying another $25 or so to go to the Holiday Inn & Suites. What a difference! The hotel had "respectable" written all over it. We spent 3 days and loved it!
I know there are less expensive hotels that are very good values, however, Comfort Inn - Ocean City Maryland, is NOT one of them.

• 1 of 5 stars
Salisbury, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed here for our anniversary and it was very nice. The room is spotless and I'm a clean freak so I inspected the entire room from top to bottom. The beds were amazingly comfortable and the view was gorgeous. They are friendly and serve breakfast every single morning. I loved this hotel and plan to come back again very soon. Thanks for a great weekend Comfort Inn:)

1 Thank MRSDAVIS34