“Served our purposes, but a little tired around the edges-tip on indoor pool”

Comfort Inn Boardwalk
Ranked #27 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We did book kind of late for a quick trip to the beach, stayed a Saturday and Sunday night. At least there was availability here with parking. We had chosen another location (a small mom and pop apartment) but they could not guarantee parking. Not a good idea if you are going to Ocean City! We were in the building behind the Ocean front building, but it worked for us. An efficiency, with two double beds, a pull out couch, mini kitchen (fridge, sink, small microwave, toaster, coffee maker) and a balcony which, while not an ocean front, did give us a nice view of the boardwalk and beach. The advantage to this building is that it houses the indoor pool, which the kids preferred to the more crowded and smaller outdoor pool. While there were some dishes, cups and silverware available, there was not a complete set for 4 and the plates had obviously been used as ashtrays (even though this was a non-smoking room) as there were burn marks on the plates. Housekeeping and front desk people were helpful and friendly. We needed linens brought up at night for the pull out and the front desk person came right up with them when we asked. Room and bathroom pretty clean with minor things like the outside of the tub not cleaned well and some areas which needed caulking and painting. Housekeeper gave us fresh towels and took our trash as we were late getting out and going, but then when we finally left the room, I told her she could go in a tidy up and she did. The breakfast is served in the ocean front building a short walk across the parking lot from our building. Dining room is very tiny, but there are a few tables and chairs outdoors also. Breakfast is standard fare, same both mornings (powdered scrambled eggs, sausage, cereal, muffins, yogurt, apples and oranges, juices, coffee, and a self serve waffle maker). Here's the tip about the indoor pool area. On the morning we checked out we still had plans to spend time at the beach and then do some shopping before heading home. The indoor pool area has a men's and women's bathroom and a shower/changing area, so...we kept a change of clothes out of our luggage and after the beach, showered and changed in the indoor pool facilities before going shopping. This was a big benefit so that we did not have to drive 3 hours covered in salt and sand! The cost for the two nights was close to $600 ($353 for the Saturday night and $226 for Sunday night). So pretty pricey, but beggars can't be choosers when you book late. All and all as I said the property met our needs for the weekend, but I might plan further in advance next time and get something else.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank gslady01
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Boardwalk

Reviewed July 24, 2012

My boyfriend & I went away for a quick 1 night getaway. Great location, far enough away from the inlet to be quiet, yet within quick walking distance to EVERYTHING!!! Hotel was clean. Side (city view, I believe) was good, you could see the ocean, yet the buildings on both sides are so close, you can't see too much else. Parking is a little tight (however, there is another lot offsite). Only 1 elevator, so somewhat timely, but only five floors, so steps worked just fine. Other than that, great place & staff helpful, polite, friendly & welcoming! We will go back!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Larlars109
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This hotel is very clean, staff is extremely friendly, best place to stay in OC!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Derek G
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great Hotel, Great staff and location. Staff was freindly, Room was very clean.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Greg S
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I arranged rooms for 7 families for a beach soccer tournament at this hotel. Every time i called or the families booking the rooms called and were given different information. I called 3 times the week before our visit to make sure we had 7 rooms for 7 families....each time after looking at the computer for lengths of time they finally found all 7 families and each had a room....GREAT! when we checked in early we were happy to have our room ready! There was still some question about a room that didn't have a name to it... i said i squared everything before i go there and we reviewed it one more time...all good. room was clean. indoor pool small but nice. at 11:55 pm! we were alseep , we had a tournament the next day, my husband, i and 4 teenagers were awoken to the phone ringing. Night manager told us that someone had not checked into one room, i said 1 family is coming tomorrow but they had called and he mentioned one of the names... i said nope they are here and checked in, we got off the phone. i got back to sleep and 15 minutes later... OK AFTER MIDNIGHT he calls me back. i said sir, how dare you call my room 2 times at midnight and wake up my entire family ( i was NOT yelling) He yelled.... FINE I AM CHARGING YOUR CARD FOR THE EXTRA ROOM< YOU CAN PICK UP THE KEYS.... and hung up!
i went down to the lobby and there was a man at the counter, on the computer. i said excuse me are you the night manager? he said .... after a pause... yes i am. I said well you just hung up on me. i started to go down my list of families and how i had called mulitple times, he wouldn't let me speaka nd proceeded to scream at me and tell me hes tired of dealing with this kind of crap! I tried to say several things but he wasn't allowing me to speak at all...so i finally screamed backa nd said are you going to let me speak?!?!?! He said fine. i told him how i had called several times, how i did my part in ensuring every room had a family and i don't understand the problem. he said i am not going to charge you for the extra room. i said your right, you aren't. another woman who works there had coming in during his yelling at me. she looked mortified! ( apparently the end of that story is that one family had changed the length of their stay and there fore were out of my block of rooms... that however was not explained to me..... until the next day by the day manager, who was much nicer to deal with and appauled that i was called at mid night!)
i did call corporate after speaking with the day manager and his recommending i call... the hotel offered me 15% off my next stay at that hotel.... and i find that an unsatisfactory resolution. considering i brought over 3500 dollars to that hotel that weekend! I have written the hotel owner directly and hope that there is a better resolution and an apology.
I cannot believe anyone in customer servive would speak to someone this way....especially UNPROVOKED. i did not yell at or raise my voice until i was not allowed to speak for several minutes into this mans tirade. i understand he is recently in management after many years with the company. perhaps this is not the best position for him.
We did try the breakfast and my husband and i who aren't too picky couldn't eat the ice cold eggs and undercooked sausage that was cold in the middle. and the line to make waffles was 8 people deep!
The noise at night from the side street was VERY LOUD until very late.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank valynne1
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I booked our stay at this hotel based on good reviews and a 4.5 star rating I saw on another site. Our room was very clean and we were surprised to find the room came complete with a stove, silverware, and cooking utensils! We had a room with an ocean view. It was wonderful to be able to walk out on the balcony and watch the waves and the passersby on the boardwalk. We stayed a second night in the rooms with a city view which were also nice. They were very similar to the ocean view rooms minus the stove. The staff were very friendly and all spoke good English ( i have seen hotel complaints were English was a problem). My kids really loved the indoor pool and since it rained during much of our visit, the indoor pool was a lifesaver! The rooms had 2 double beds and a sofabed so my family of 6 fit perfectly. The free breakfast was awesome. I expected cereal and bagels but there was sausage, eggs, waffles, yogurt, muffins, oatmeal, as well as cereal. Eating breakfast at the hotel easily saved us a good $100 which is what it cost to feed a family of 6 at the beach. We will definitely be staying at the Comfort Inn Boardwalk the next time we go to the beach!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms have stoves and you can save money by cooking in instead of eating out. If you don...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Laurie A
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Hotel was clean and the staff was very helpful. I enjoyed my stay

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple