All reviewskite loftyogurtfree breakfastoutdoor poolsecond buildingocean frontroom was cleanmake your own wafflesthe breakfast areahot breakfastbuilding next doormain buildingoceanfront roomnice breakfastperfect locationgood sizestove top
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I booked our stay at this hotel based on good reviews and a 4.5 star rating I saw on another site. Our room was very clean and we were surprised to find the room came complete with a stove, silverware, and cooking utensils! We had a room with an ocean view. It was wonderful to be able to walk out on the balcony and watch the waves and the passersby on the boardwalk. We stayed a second night in the rooms with a city view which were also nice. They were very similar to the ocean view rooms minus the stove. The staff were very friendly and all spoke good English ( i have seen hotel complaints were English was a problem). My kids really loved the indoor pool and since it rained during much of our visit, the indoor pool was a lifesaver! The rooms had 2 double beds and a sofabed so my family of 6 fit perfectly. The free breakfast was awesome. I expected cereal and bagels but there was sausage, eggs, waffles, yogurt, muffins, oatmeal, as well as cereal. Eating breakfast at the hotel easily saved us a good $100 which is what it cost to feed a family of 6 at the beach. We will definitely be staying at the Comfort Inn Boardwalk the next time we go to the beach!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms have stoves and you can save money by cooking in instead of eating out. If you don't need an ocean view and don't plan to cook in your room, the city view rooms are about $30 cheaper and you can still see the ocean from the side of your balcony!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Laurie A
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Hotel was clean and the staff was very helpful. I enjoyed my stay

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pmshea1
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Ocean City. Full disclosure, I work in the hotel business, so I am usually very picky about where I stay. I arrived early in the morning, and was greeted by Fred, the front desk agent on duty. I knew that it would be too early to check in, but I inquired about getting a parking permit so that my family and I could park and enjoy the beach. Fred told me that would not be an issue at all, and quickly gave me a parking permit. Darren, the general manager, came out to the desk, warmly greeted me and told me that they would try to get me a room as quickly as possible. I certainly did not expect that since check in is at 3pm. Ten minutes later, Fred handed me our room keys and sent us on our way. The room was beautiful. Large enough for my family of four to be comfortable, with no feeling of being cramped. Not only was the room of a good size, but it included a small stove-top, with pans, as well as silverware, a sink and microwave. The room was very clean, and the housekeeping staff was extremely nice, welcoming and quick to assist in any way. James, our housekeeper, was especially nice. As we were leaving our room on our second day, he asked us if we were leaving and if we would like service. He did not knock on our door at any time, and was very patient with my family. Chris, the night time manager, was also very friendly and I spent almost 30 minutes talking with him on our first night. He was very informative about the area and was quick to answer any questions that we had. I can not say enough glowing things about Darren and Fred. They were great guys to talk to, and provided excellent customer service. I will definitely be staying at this property again. I highly recommend this hotel to any and all.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Michael W
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Rooms were not as pictured. Very disappointing experience. Staff wasn't friendly. Nice location right on the boardwalk. If you can't afford a better hotel, enter at your own risk!!

Room Tip: Only plus was the location. Right on the boardwalk. Ocean was steps away.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Michelle H
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Best customer service I have ever received at a hotel! The maids were so pleasant and sweet and were not forceful about trying to clean your room. The guys down at the front desk were so helpful and would start a genuine conversation with you while you waited for a taxi (etc). We were in room #307. Even though it said it was a city view rather than the ocean view rooms, you could still see the ocean! It's smack in the middle of the boardwalk; a great location. It's a HUGE room with tons of space. There's a couch, stove and a great king sized bed. Nothing to complain about, always clean and the staff was always there to help. Great value for the location.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple