“Comfort Inn Boardwalk”

Ranked #31 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Baltimore, Maryland
“Comfort Inn Boardwalk”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Hotel was clean and the staff was very helpful. I enjoyed my stay

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pmshea1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
North East, MD
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Ocean City. Full disclosure, I work in the hotel business, so I am usually very picky about where I stay. I arrived early in the morning, and was greeted by Fred, the front desk agent on duty. I knew that it would be too early to check in, but I inquired about getting a parking permit so that my family and I could park and enjoy the beach. Fred told me that would not be an issue at all, and quickly gave me a parking permit. Darren, the general manager, came out to the desk, warmly greeted me and told me that they would try to get me a room as quickly as possible. I certainly did not expect that since check in is at 3pm. Ten minutes later, Fred handed me our room keys and sent us on our way. The room was beautiful. Large enough for my family of four to be comfortable, with no feeling of being cramped. Not only was the room of a good size, but it included a small stove-top, with pans, as well as silverware, a sink and microwave. The room was very clean, and the housekeeping staff was extremely nice, welcoming and quick to assist in any way. James, our housekeeper, was especially nice. As we were leaving our room on our second day, he asked us if we were leaving and if we would like service. He did not knock on our door at any time, and was very patient with my family. Chris, the night time manager, was also very friendly and I spent almost 30 minutes talking with him on our first night. He was very informative about the area and was quick to answer any questions that we had. I can not say enough glowing things about Darren and Fred. They were great guys to talk to, and provided excellent customer service. I will definitely be staying at this property again. I highly recommend this hotel to any and all.

4 Thank Michael W
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Rooms were not as pictured. Very disappointing experience. Staff wasn't friendly. Nice location right on the boardwalk. If you can't afford a better hotel, enter at your own risk!!

Room Tip: Only plus was the location. Right on the boardwalk. Ocean was steps away.
2 Thank Michelle H
Ellicott City, Maryland, United States
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Best customer service I have ever received at a hotel! The maids were so pleasant and sweet and were not forceful about trying to clean your room. The guys down at the front desk were so helpful and would start a genuine conversation with you while you waited for a taxi (etc). We were in room #307. Even though it said it was a city view rather than the ocean view rooms, you could still see the ocean! It's smack in the middle of the boardwalk; a great location. It's a HUGE room with tons of space. There's a couch, stove and a great king sized bed. Nothing to complain about, always clean and the staff was always there to help. Great value for the location.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kelly R
Shenandoah, Va
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I wrote a review on this hotel a few years ago. However, due to my last stay my opinion of this hotel has drastically changed. I can honestly say I have never been so disrespected in my life. I paid a lot of money to stay here and expected a lot better. The first day I was there the older clerk at the front desk was very rude upon check in (5/17). Second day, housekeeping never visited my room to give me clean towels and we didn’t have any sheets or blankets for the pull out sofa. I called the front desk 4 times prior to them even answering. When the towels and linens were brought to my room they were handed to me to take care of. Third morning, my car was broken into. My stereo was ripped from the dash and there was a lot of damage to my car. When I asked about cameras I was told there are only cameras inside the hotel. None are outside to protect you as you walk through the lowly lighted lot at night. Which I guess doesn’t matter due to not being able to find a spot. Finally the last night (5/19), we could not find a parking spot. I was told to park in the overflow parking lot a block down the road. When I explained that there were vehicles without parking permits in the lot and I didn’t feel safe walking my children down the road at night I was told oh well that’s how you have to do it. My husband went in a few minutes after me and when he mentioned to the clerk that our car was broken into he said “SO”. I was so relieved to leave the next morning. I know this doesn’t happen to everyone but don’t allow it to happen to you when there are so many nice hotels along the boardwalk. I know I won’t let it happen to me again.

8 Thank THECOOK4
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Ok I have been here 3 nights and everyday I return they have yet to clean the coffee pot. Today they just threw the bed together,couldnt even take the wrinkles out of the pillow. Pretty sure they havent vacuumed either. As far as the reception desk,, they give you dirty looks when you walk through the door.They don't even say hi when you walk by. Even worse tonite they were both in the breakfast cafe eating pizza with a girl. Could of cared less about their patrons. I have stayed at many comfort Im sorry I paid in advanced because now I cant change hotels.and Im stuck here for the remainder of my trip.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Carrolnsteve
Wildwood, NJ
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We made last minute arrangements to visit Ocean City. Booked online with a AAA discount, and sailed from Wildwood on the Ferry. I have stayed in many places in Ocean City, but never at this property. Total price came to about $94 with an ocean view, side room 411.

Very nice lobby, and friendly check in. Upon entering the room, we were very surprised. It was ready to go 100% for the summer season. All painted, clean, no smell, and almost new in appearance. If I was on vacation for a week, the room would be just fine. The bed was comfy, the flat screen had many channels, and the couch was also in great condition. The kitchenette was spotless and clean, with what appeared to be new utensils, pots, dishes, etc. I have seen many kitchen units in rentals, and this was the cleanest one.

The bathroom is a little small, but it was clean, well lit, and equipped. You are not supposed to spend much time there with the boardwalk just a few steps away. I missed the free breakfast, but checkout was speedy. We spent a little more time before leaving to see what we missed, and the lobby was decorated nice, free papers, vending, and in the next adjacent tower was the indoor pool. The boardwalk side outdoor pool was filled and ready, but heavy rains did not allow use.

I would stay here again, even in peak season. Location is a plus, breakfast, and an indoor pool are great to have during rainy weather. The 5th Street location on the boardwalk puts many attractions, bars, places to eat, all minutes away. The balcony is large enough for several people to stand outside.

Room Tip: Not being on the top floor during heavy rain kept the room quiet. Side rooms in the summer may also...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple