“Credit card fraud, rip off, horrible service"”

Days Inn Ocean City Oceanfront
Ranked #25 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Maryland
“Credit card fraud, rip off, horrible service"”
Reviewed July 30, 2009

I am writing to warn any others planning on staying here and making a reservation online. I made a reservation through the days inn web site which I had to cancel. I had to July 1st to cancel without charge (supposedly). I canceled a week prior to arriving. No money was returned to my card. I contact the days inn web site, they told me to call the hotel, the hotel said it was the website, not them. (I have a confirmed Cancellation number from days inn website). I have to call back and forth many times to the website contact number and they confirm that I cancelled, ect and tell me they will call me back. It never happens, I have to contact them everytime myself. Finally they tell me they can return my money via a check if I fax them a copy of my credit card charges. I replied that it was not my job to do their leg work for them and I would contact my credit card's fraud department, which I did and had my money returned that way. Be very wary providing information to days inn website or this hotel. You will not get your money back if you have to cancel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 30, 2009

My 22 year old son, his friend and I recently spent 4 nights at the Days Inn. It was only after making the reservation that I saw the awful reviews. I am an experienced traveler and began to think I had made a huge mistake. Despite all the doom and gloom, we had a great time. No major problems, no smell of mildew, no mold and we couldn't find a bug inside or out during our whole time there. And I have to say that we had the most comfortable beds I may ever have slept in at a hotel. The pools were clean, the landscaping beautiful and the location was great. We stayed in the rooms surrounding the smaller of the two pools. If you're looking for a place to stay that caters to the twenty to thirty somethings, I would have no problem recommending this hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank westmomPennsylvania
NJ
Reviewed July 25, 2009

My family was staying at the Grand and we booked the Days Inn because we wanted to stay one last night in OC and our original hotel didn't have vacancy. What a mistake. Upon arriving we discovered the hotel looked like a prison. When we got inside, the room was very ugly. It reeked so badly of mildew that we had to go to the front desk to switch the room. When we got to the other room, it smelled of cleaning products. The room was so small that you had to jump on the bed to let other people walk by, and all of us are normal/thin sized people. We stayed out of the room as much as possible and when we came back to get a shower we had to use our beach towels because the towels smelled like they hadn't been washed since the hotel was founded. No one bothered to use the soap that was provided. When we went to bed, my mom opened the bathroom door with the light on to ward the bugs away. The air conditioner was very loud through out the night. Also, the deck was very crumby and ugly with only 2 plastic chairs. DONT STAY THERE!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank TabbyCat9989

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

NJ
Reviewed July 25, 2009

When I opened the door to the room I was wafted in the face with an overpowering smell of mildew. The bathroom was remodeld, however, the can of Raid they must of sprayed was sickening. The towels smelled horrible and I decided to just use the sandy ones we had from the beach instead. Rooms are really cramped. I felt like I was in a cave out on the balcony. I agree....better off sleeping on the beach!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank travelepeople
PA
Reviewed June 22, 2009

I stayed here with my husband and before we left I looked up reviews for this hotel. I thought OMG this place sounds like a dump! But it was fine the room was clean and we saw no bugs or mold. I think no matter where some people stay they will always find something wrong. They only thing I didn't like was how far up the boardwalk we were.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Readinger
Utica, New York
Reviewed June 4, 2009

Room was decent until you actually look around. Couches look like there were tons of college parties. More stains on chairs and couches than I've ever seen. There was sand all over the floor. The Jacuzzi tub didn't work. Chairs on the balcony were old and rusty. Not worth the insane prices they charge. Unless you're paying $300 a night you can't really expect a nice place in a big party town like this.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jordan P
pennsylvania
Reviewed June 1, 2009

First of all we get there and we got to check in early which was nice, then the people at the front desk told us to move our car closer after giving us a parking pass. We tried but there was no parking. Then our room was not what we expected. There was no pull out couch the room was smaller and the beds were fulls not queens. We went to talk to the front desk and they gave us the wrong room and gave us $30 off. The people at the front desk lied and said we had queen beds when we really didnt.... Then we came back and realized our room was dirty and we did not like being on the ground floor on the boardwalk so we called up the Holiday Inn and booked it and left the days inn and got a refund. The Holiday Inn was amazing and we got a suite for the same price we paid for a regular size room at the Days Inn.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends