“Beautiful tropical garden of Days Inn”

Days Inn Ocean City Oceanfront
Ranked #20 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed July 3, 2008

Nicely re-done 5th floor suites. New baths with a nice jacuzzi tub. Nice touch with second vanity; however, i would add a matching shelf near it . The balcony railings need to be resurface & the chairs on the balcony need to be replaced, they had rust spots all over them. The beds were comfy. The tv's need to be updated (our remote control was missing it's battery cover). Also need dvd players. The kitch table should be updated too. Perhaps a pretty beachy design as opposed to the old wood look. The kitch chairs were very dirty. There was a good layer of dust that needs to be scrubbed off, not just feather dusted. Also the sides of the pretty vanity (on the floor) were probably not cleaned since the vanity was installed. I know this because my daughter's toothbrush fell down there and she got so grossed out we bought her a new one. Fairly well-stocked kitchen. It was nice to have dish liquid, wash rags, d/w detergent. We did however need a can opener which the front desk could not locate, the house keeper (kala) did, and may I add, very quickly. She was a very accommodating employee. The top of the fridge needs a good wipe. The pool area is lovely. The bar tender kim was real kool and really made our family comfy. There was a large amount of cigaret butts on the parking lot that grossed us out. The elevators were nicely re-tiled; however, there was a very unpleasant smell in one of them. There needs to be a better located rinse off shower when returning from the beach. Perhaps one thats before you enter the pool area..The one in the pool corner is inconvenient to all. Also the shower rooms need to be checked more often for T.P and cleanliness. There was a discusting backup. All in all the staff was pleasant and helpful aside from a few of the maids who seemed inconvenienced . Really enjoyed the grassy front with the gazebos, a very nice touch. The Days Inn on 23rd & boardwalk is in a great location with many shops and activities right at your fingertips. With a few inexpensive changes this hotel could be right up there with the "big wigs". We stayed in room s521 and will return and hopefully see these changes.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank ooouch

Reviewed June 29, 2008

Problems began when I booked the reservation and my deposit was taken off my credit card. Not a big deal until several weeks later when they took another deposit and credited me the deposits twice. I contacted the hotel to be honest that they have taken out two deposits and reversed them both thus shorting them my deposit. They told me that was impossible and that it was fraud I was seeing and not them. When I insisted, they made me send copies of my bank statements to confirm. They called back a day later and said they were in fact having a "glitch" with their computer system and they would take the deposit back out again. OK, until one month later when they took out another deposit. This time, they were well aware of the glitch and nobody was talking. I asked to speak to a manager--who was always busy. I asked to leave a message for them to call me back and they told me that they would take a message but no-one would call me back--I'd just have to keep trying to reach the person working the credit card issue. After five days of constant calling and that person being unavailable, I finally left a message that they either credited my account; called me back; and removed my credit card from their system or I would be turning them into the Better Business Bureau and turning them in for credit card fraud. One glitch is one thing, but since they couldn't seem to fix it in over two months and there was NO communication with their customers and they would not return phone calls--really bad business. We did, however, head to the hotel as planned. Much to my surprise at check in, they told me my balance due was close to $200 more than they had told me my balance was over the phone. When I complained, the front desk manager simply said that apparently they didn't include the tax and basically---tough. We paid cash for the balance I was given over the phone at reservation time, and gave them a credit card for the remainder. The front desk manager then asked me to sign a receipt for even more money than the balance she said I owed. I asked why I was signing a receipt for even more than she had quoted me and she said she didn't know. I refused to sign it and she threw a fit. She kept insisting she didn't know why the computer did that but that I wouldn't be charged the over amount at check-out--I'd only be charged the amount I owed. When I asked why I should sign a receipt saying I'd pay more than owed, she was hostile, rude, and incompentent. She just kept saying she had nothing to do with it and I'd have to talk to the daytime manager. Anybody want to guess what I was charged when I checked out? You got it--the overage amount. Imagine that. Not only did they charge me close to $200 more than they told me my balance was but then they attempted to charge me even more with no explanation. The lady at the check-out desk, CoCo, however, was very polite and kind and did refund the overage immediately--the one stellar employee at the whole hotel. Don't even get me started about other service. In six days, our room was cleaned twice and once was at our insistence. Every night we had to call down to the front desk for towels and linens and whatever else. We took to just taking supplies off the carts in the hallways to replace our garbage cans and towels since apparently actually cleaning a room must come at some other extra charge we didn't pay!!! The hotel facility itself was fine. We booked a studio suite and the room was clean and recently renovated and very nice which is extermely hard to find on the boardwalk. But the aggravation both before, during, and probably after (I haven't gotten my CC statement yet) wasn't worth it. My whole vacation was ruined by inept staff and poor business practices. Unless you're looking for a vacation full of aggravation and stress--stay very, very clear of this hotel!!!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2008

I have never had a more horrible stay in a hotel room in my life, and for the cost of the room this really upsets me. Lets first start with the room. It was very, very small, and the bathroom was pitiful and dirty. There door to the room had a huge gap around the opening, and the window in the bathroom hardly shut all the way. There were no shelves in the bathroom, which caused me to place my items on the sink, and clothes on the toilet lid. The screen to the balcony door was ripped off the frame of the door. I called the front desk where I was told they had no more screens and the only room they could move me to was the first floor. Now since I paid for a balcony room I told them I would not take the first floor, and the front desk clerk said she would send maintenance up. When he got to the room he looked at the screen and then asked me if I even needed a screen for the door, which really upset me. I am paying $149.99 a night for a room, I would like the option to open the balcony glass door and close the screen so that I can get a breeze in the very small room. After about an hour they installed a new screen which was taken from another room, and still didn't put it on the track right so I had to fight with it every time I wanted to go out on the balcony. Also the balcony was supposed to have dividers between the rooms, mine did not, in fact the whole third floor did not, which also upset me, but since they could only move me to the first floor I had to deal with it. When I took the virtual tour it showed the dividers. I was not expecting a 5 star hotel, however for the price I was paying a night I feel really ripped off.
Now lets talk about the staff, I find it incredibly rude for the house keeping staff to sit out on the customers balconies and smoke while they are supposed to be working. Everyday, and I mean everyday that I stayed there, the staff was smoking on someone's balcony.
Stay at another hotel if you can, do not stay at this one!!!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank bagebe
Reviewed June 10, 2008

I want to start off by saying this hotel is among the best of the best to pick from when staying in Ocean City! We stayed at this Days Inn because another hotel we reserved through had overbooked the rooms, Days Inn was so nice and cooperative. The front desk staff were some of the nicest I have ever had. The best part about this hotel is the beautiful rooms. These rooms are way nicer than most on the boardwalk. We stayed in an oceanfront room with a balcony on the very top floor and it cost about $119.00 a night... WOW, That is the best price you can get!!! Granted it was off season, but a lot of other hotels still try to charge full price, Not Days Inn.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank youwish19
Reviewed May 12, 2008

I have yet to arrive at the Days Inn Oceanfront in Ocean City ,MD. and I will never make it. I made reservations about two months ago and paid the "deposit" with a credit card. Everything was good. About three weeks later - Days Inn debited, credited, debited, credited my account and all I got was there is "clitch" in the system and that all is okay, nothing other than the original deposit has been applied and deducted from my card. I accepted that because it was confirmed by my credit company that the problem had been corrected. Now, its about three weeks later and the same problem is occurring again but this time the amount deducted has doubled from the original deposit, now Days Inn has paid itself twice as much money for the whole stay. When I add the original deposit plus the current deduction from card, Days Inn has literally paid itself double the amount. Never in my life would I give Days Inn of all establishements close to $900.00 for a three night stay.

I have been trying to get in touch with the "General Manager, who I have been told did receive my urgent message and now its hours later and no reply. The customer service at this establishment stinks!!! I would think it proper to contact potential guests via mail or phone and inform them that there is problem with the "system" and that all is okay, but not from this place. I was even told by a front desk clerk that I had to get proof of this deduction and I had to send it to them. Even though she sees the money applied to the reservation and tells me that there has been a problem with the "system", yet she does not believe it is Days Inn's responsibility to correct their mistake.

All in all this experience has totally soured my opinion of Days Inn and I will never even contemplate about staying in one and I will inform everyone to BEWARE of this chain.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 11, 2008

I stayed here during off-season 5/08. I liked the location as its directly on the beach. I liked the space of the room. However, the water tasted funky and there was a huge weird dark stain in the middle of the room. Other than that it was ok. They will try to charge you for the safe by including it as mandatory part of your bill and insist that you can only remove it only upon checking out. Also, the concierge tried to double charge me when I checked out even though my room was pre-booked and pre-paid. After speaking with the manager they fixed the "error" and the lady was like "oops sorry about that." I didn't like that and probably won't go back.

• Stayed: May 2008
2  Thank tgalaxy
Reviewed February 19, 2008

First off this was the seventh year we had been staying at this hotel. We requested a suite since there is a family of 7 females, we checked in and had to wait hours for our room because it was not ready. Then when it was time to check in we went to our room as a matter of fact think it was room 311s... Walked into to find major problems, blowdryer prong stuck in the outlet, Cat [-] smell all through the room, and some stupid air conditioning unit through the door, screens off the rails, so we called the front desk, they said that they would send maintience right away, well two hours later made a visit to the front desk and they said the only thing they could do was move us and clean up the mess..and put us in a new room in the morning. Well we moved to the two different rooms for the evening and then in the am when we went to the front desk to be moved they told us we had to go back to the same room but they cleaned it up. WRONG, WRONG, we spent 10.00 for carpet spray and freebze to try to get the smell away. We were told that the night would be free.. Which when we checked out ended up being a nightmare, front desk staff is rude, and they tell you nothing, and secondly the service sucked... End result Two free nights at this hotel for the problems.... Choose to spend your money down the boardwalk at the dunes motel which is where we have been staying since this issue!!!!

• Stayed: September 2006