“I have not even made it to Days Inn - BEWARE”

Days Inn Ocean City Oceanfront
Ranked #17 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed May 12, 2008

I have yet to arrive at the Days Inn Oceanfront in Ocean City ,MD. and I will never make it. I made reservations about two months ago and paid the "deposit" with a credit card. Everything was good. About three weeks later - Days Inn debited, credited, debited, credited my account and all I got was there is "clitch" in the system and that all is okay, nothing other than the original deposit has been applied and deducted from my card. I accepted that because it was confirmed by my credit company that the problem had been corrected. Now, its about three weeks later and the same problem is occurring again but this time the amount deducted has doubled from the original deposit, now Days Inn has paid itself twice as much money for the whole stay. When I add the original deposit plus the current deduction from card, Days Inn has literally paid itself double the amount. Never in my life would I give Days Inn of all establishements close to $900.00 for a three night stay.

I have been trying to get in touch with the "General Manager, who I have been told did receive my urgent message and now its hours later and no reply. The customer service at this establishment stinks!!! I would think it proper to contact potential guests via mail or phone and inform them that there is problem with the "system" and that all is okay, but not from this place. I was even told by a front desk clerk that I had to get proof of this deduction and I had to send it to them. Even though she sees the money applied to the reservation and tells me that there has been a problem with the "system", yet she does not believe it is Days Inn's responsibility to correct their mistake.

All in all this experience has totally soured my opinion of Days Inn and I will never even contemplate about staying in one and I will inform everyone to BEWARE of this chain.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Write a ReviewReviews (1,650)

Reviewed May 11, 2008

I stayed here during off-season 5/08. I liked the location as its directly on the beach. I liked the space of the room. However, the water tasted funky and there was a huge weird dark stain in the middle of the room. Other than that it was ok. They will try to charge you for the safe by including it as mandatory part of your bill and insist that you can only remove it only upon checking out. Also, the concierge tried to double charge me when I checked out even though my room was pre-booked and pre-paid. After speaking with the manager they fixed the "error" and the lady was like "oops sorry about that." I didn't like that and probably won't go back.

• Stayed: May 2008
2  Thank tgalaxy
Reviewed February 19, 2008

First off this was the seventh year we had been staying at this hotel. We requested a suite since there is a family of 7 females, we checked in and had to wait hours for our room because it was not ready. Then when it was time to check in we went to our room as a matter of fact think it was room 311s... Walked into to find major problems, blowdryer prong stuck in the outlet, Cat [-] smell all through the room, and some stupid air conditioning unit through the door, screens off the rails, so we called the front desk, they said that they would send maintience right away, well two hours later made a visit to the front desk and they said the only thing they could do was move us and clean up the mess..and put us in a new room in the morning. Well we moved to the two different rooms for the evening and then in the am when we went to the front desk to be moved they told us we had to go back to the same room but they cleaned it up. WRONG, WRONG, we spent 10.00 for carpet spray and freebze to try to get the smell away. We were told that the night would be free.. Which when we checked out ended up being a nightmare, front desk staff is rude, and they tell you nothing, and secondly the service sucked... End result Two free nights at this hotel for the problems.... Choose to spend your money down the boardwalk at the dunes motel which is where we have been staying since this issue!!!!

• Stayed: September 2006
2  Thank brownnicc
Reviewed February 9, 2008

The Days Inn Boardwalk is newly renovated and has a great location on the Boards at 23rd Street. My family booked 2 Oceanfront Studio Suites. Upon check in, the front desk agent said that we could not check into our studio suites for our reservation had a payment error, which in the end, it was the desk's fault to begin with. After travelling 6 hours, we wanted smooth sailing but it took a turn down a confusing complicated path. Nonetheless, we checked in. The one suite was spectacular, but however, the other one has some defects such as a soaked carpeting the whole entire stay there. We used over 3 dozen of towels to soak up the water out of the rug. Nonetheless, we loved the expansive balcony, new room smell, and gorgeous beachfront views. At check out, they graciously gave us a whole nite's room and tax off and sent us a check in the mail 5 months later. Besides the confusion at check in and the soaked carpeting for 3 nites, 4 days...it wasn't all that bad, but being an Ocean City, MD hotel buff, I told the people I was going with my opinion about here...Stay somewhere else. Try the Flamingo Motel, Quality Inn Boardwalk, or Spinnaker Motel were my suggestions but went along with them on the Days Inn and my hunch was right.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank holiday17
Reviewed October 3, 2007

I waited until the last minute to book a week at the beach---in August! The Days Inn had a room at an extemely reasonable rate--$184+taxes. I decided to take it. I went to Trip Advisor and checked out the reviews. I was worried that I made a mistake. From the reviews, the place sounded like a dump. We arrived and checked in in a timely manner. When I opened the door to our room, I braced myself but to my surprise it was nice. It was what I would expect from a Days Inn. The carpet was clean. The room was clean. We had a poolside room. It was pleasant. I did see a few ants in the bathroom but it was only one or two. We had a great time.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank lottafun
Reviewed September 22, 2007

I booked this hotel online and am sorry I did. We got there around 2 p.m. The oceanfront room wasn't ready yet but no problem because check-in is 3. By 3:30 it still wasn't ready and while we were in the lobby waiting we heard maid staff complaining about their jobs and the manager telling an employee over the phone to "get off his c-ck." I thought, OK, maybe I misheard what he said and figured let's just see how the room is.

We finally get our room key and were completely disappointed with what we saw. The Web site doesn't tell you that rooms on certain floors don't have private balconies with walls going all the way up. So you're basically out on the balcony and can see all the other people on their balconies who happen to be staying on the same floor. There's only a little wall, maybe 2 feet high, separating the balconies.

The room also is tiny and cramped, and the beds are very bouncy.

There are two outdoor pools, but they're tiny.

There's an on-site eatery that didn't look like a place where I'd ever eat.

We disliked the room so much--particularly for the price we paid--that we just had to get out of there and find someplace else to stay. Luckily, the manager let us leave without charging us (I hope--haven't received the credit card bill yet) for the room deposit or for a night's stay (which I would have fought considering we were in the room less than half an hour).

We ended up staying at the Quality Inn Oceanfront at 5400 Coastal Highway and were happy there. It was a little cheaper and a lot nicer.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mln27
Reviewed September 16, 2007

We just returned from Delmarva Bike week and have to say that I was very disappointed in our stay at the Days Inn. We requested a king size bed, but with that luxury, received a crappy road side room right next to/above the bar. It was very loud (which we expect anyway during bike week) but when I went to the office to request a different room, I got serious attitude. Another problem which was shrugged off our entire stay was the fact that we had NO HOT WATER. It would get hot in the shower for 3 minutes and then go cold. What a lovely stay?! NOT. We will not return to the Days Inn next year for Bike Week.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple