“The studio is perfect for three (or four) people, and the...”

Days Inn Ocean City Oceanfront
Ranked #25 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Palmyra, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We got a great price on line for our room, but weren't too impressed when we saw what we got. Our first floor room was in the back corner of the property and our windows looked ino the paved parking lot. I guess had we opted and paid for an oceanview room it might have been nicer, but either way the property really shows its age. I'd probably stay again, but would pay for a nicer room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Todd L
Maryland
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed here in August 2012 for a family trip. There were 4 adults and 4 kids and we stayed in the one bedroom suite. It totally accommodated all of us. There was a private bedroom with a powder room only - no shower. But, the second bathroom was great and essential for a party of 8. The main room had two double beds and a pull out sofabed. There was a full bath as well as a kitchenette in this area. The pool is a lot of fun and kept clean. The poolside service is a bonus and DJ days make it even more fun. The DJ is not there every day though and you can definitely sense the change in atmosphere. A bunch of us at the pool that day were disappointed there was no music playing. Piping music of some kind through to the main pool would have helped. The manager said they normally do, but the speaker at the main pool was broken. Hope they fix it. My family will definitely be returning!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JamericanFriends
Maryland
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at the Days Inn Oceanfront as part of a group golf package during October 20th through October 22nd. At the start of our stay there were a lot of people staying at the facility. Check-in was efficient. We had pre-paid lodging so checking-in was painless. If you are expecting high-end lodging, you have the wrong place. The rooms are typical heavy furniture but in good condition. The section we stayed in was updated with re-tiled bathrooms. The bed was comfortable with enough pillows for one but was short if two were sleeping on the same bed.

In the middle of my stay I needed to use the bathtub and could not locate a drain stopper. I called down and someone was at my door in less than five minutes. I was impressed. I was less impressed with housekeeping as they did never cleaned my room. I need to remark that this is low season and many facilities are closed for the season. That may affect staffing levels at the facilities that remain open. It was apparent when the large number of people on Sunday were all gone Sunday night. So housekeeping may be scarce given the big drop in customers.

This brings up one of my issues with Days Inn. While I know that spring & summer are the busy seasons, if a business cannot service their customers, they should close for the season. So on Monday morning when I went to take a shower, I was so surprised to have more force coming from the face bowl than the shower head. At some point the water pressure increased then immediately decreased again. It would appear that between Sunday and Monday, the drop in customers coincided with a drop in water pressure. Not cool!

I felt like the little boy in the story asking for more gruel; "Please sir, may I have more water pressure?" So in addition to not having my room cleaned, there was some type of sticky liquid spilled in the elevator and the ride down the elevator was a bit dicey as I turned and twisted to avoid running my luggage or golf bag through the muck.

Overall I gave the Days Inn Oceanfront three stars. Price was great, location is right on the beach and because I realize that for an inexpensive stay, not much beats the Days Inn or similar facilities.

Off season stay might be better spent at a non-chain facility that is focused on customer service in the off season.

Room Tip: Definitely request a room in the renovated section of the facility.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Grand Hotel & Spa
Grand Hotel & Spa
#15 of 103 in Ocean City
Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront Ocean City

Been to Days Inn Ocean City Oceanfront? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Ocean City Oceanfront

Property: Days Inn Ocean City Oceanfront
Address: 2210 N Baltimore Ave, On the Boardwalk at 23rd Street, Ocean City, MD 21842-7474 (Formerly Days Inn Oceanfront Hotel)
Location: United States > Maryland > Ocean City
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #25 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Ocean City Oceanfront 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn Ocean City Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Oceanfront Hotel Ocean City