“Your white socks will magically turn BLACK!”

Days Inn Ocean City Oceanfront
Ranked #20 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Maybe I'm expecting too much for $220/night, but a clean room should be included in the price. The floors/carpeting are absolutely FILTHY!! If you have infants or young children, avoid this place. They may catch a disease -- who knows what's growing among the fibers. My white socks turned black after a day of normal foot traffic inside the room. The housekeeping staff really don't care. All they do is replace the towels and empty the trash; they don't even vacuum (not that that will make a big difference). The building we were in (northwestern side) does not have an elevator, so if you're stuck on the top floor, be prepared to schlep your stuff up and down the stairs.

The pools are nice -- they do clean them everyday. The waitresses will come around poolside if you want to order food or drinks. The property is adjacent to the broadwalk so it's a 2 minute walk to the ocean. The Bahia Marina is across the street on the bay side if you want to go fishing or need fishing/crabbing gear. There are also two miniature golf courses within walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ILOVERMONT4
Write a ReviewReviews (1,650)

Reviewed July 16, 2011

My husband and I love Ocean City. We have been traveling there for the last 5 years every summer. Our first stay at the Days Inn was disappointing. Instead of the Oceanfront Rooms I reserved we received an Oceanview Room with very little view of the Ocean. Upon complaining about it I was just told that there was nothing that could be done. I later complained via e-mail and was promised better treatment the following year. The promise came true and I was given an Oceanfront Room for a lesser price. This year I chose the hotel again, after the good treatment last year just to discover the inconsistency in the hotel.
My family came all the way from Germany to spend time with me in Ocean City. I reserved two Oceanfront Rooms again. The room my sister stayed in had the dirty towels from the previous occupants still on the floor. The bathroom was not cleaned at all. My sister got nauseous after trying to dry her hair just to discover unidentifying spots and globs on the dryer. The room stank and had a sinking ceilling from a possible water leak. My rooms bathtub was still dirty. Our TV did not work and we also had bad water damage to look at. It did not help to discover that our hallway was blocked off after out trip to the beach. Somehow an extra bed was brought into our room which we never requested and made movements impossible. Apparently the person really requesting the bed had been waiting for it while the hotel did not know where it was. I did not complain this time since we only stayed one night and my sister informed me of the terrible conditions of the room much later. I will keep that in mind though when I will plan our summer vacation next year.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank KathrinMaryland
Reviewed July 14, 2011

We Were VERY pleased with the experience at Days Inn. We had some problems with a hotel 2 blocks up and inquired at Days Inn. They were extremely accomodating. We absolutely loved our room. It was clean and very spacious. They couldn't have been nicer.
The pool was also a pleasant surprise. It wasn't very crowded. It was clean. It was everything we wanted.
The complete glass front at the balcony was beautiful. It gave us a wonderful view of the ocean and the boardwalk.
I highly recommend this hotel for an overall pleasant experience.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank tamjhoo
Reviewed July 10, 2011

The room was clean and comfortable would stay again maybe just not for a week with 2 growing boys we could have used more room, but all in all it was a good location. we were on the bottom floor, oceanfront step over the wall of the porch and you r on the boardwalk. HAD A GREAT TIME CAN NOT WAIT TO COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Housekeeping did a good job with the room when we were not there.

Room Tip: look into the suites if you have 4 or more kids with you.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jreggiannini
Reviewed June 25, 2011

You have heard the saying you get what you pay for well not in this hotel. At $400 a night you would expect it to be at least clean. There was dried blood on the curtains, you could not turn around in the shower, the door would not lock securely and two people can't fit between the beds. My advise don't waste your money on this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Room was very small but we enjoyed our time out doors. Manager Gary was excellent should me a bigger room for next time. I was worried because of other feedback but overall I had a good time.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Liss924
Reviewed June 5, 2011

The manager and staff assisted with pushing my disabled car. They did not hesitate to assist. The manager is a very caring manager aiming to please guests. We cannot say enough about all the staff we encountered over the three day period. They were all genuinely interested in making sure guests were satisfied with their lodging and surroundings. We cannot say enough good things about the manager, staff and hotel.
Will surely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family