“Nice place”

Econolodge Oceanblock
Ranked #7 of 18 Ocean City B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed there during the week so we got a great price. We had an ocean front room.The location is good two blocks up from the beginning of the boardwalk. The staff was friendly and helpful. An enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank ctmike1

Reviewed May 26, 2014

I came down for the car show
the "standard" room was huge with a kitchen included everything was clean and modern
my only complaint was the tight parking but this will me my hotel next year when I come back

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank fastestsmallblo... .
Reviewed May 21, 2014

After a hectic Spring Semester in college (ODU, Virginia), I needed a well deserved break. Found a reasonable price online and was right with my budget! I just spent this past weekend there and was surprised that my room had a full kitchen, even down to the silverware! Overall, I enjoyed my stay! It was nice and comfortable and not to far from the boardwalks and clubs! Im recommending all my friends and family to this hotel! Definitely coming back with groceries next time!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank aj w
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Most hotels in Ocean City, Md are a 2- night minimum. Until my wife found this nice comfortable hotel. We went down for a wedding and did not want to pay and arm and leg for a 1- night stay. We were not in our room that long, basically just to crash. Even though it is a distance away from everything, the bus stop is directly across the street.
One thing my wife mention to me, was that the beds were very comfortable. Rooms were very clean, overall the hotel was clean.
My wife told me to make sure a give a good review for this hotel. This is a nice little hotel for a 1- night getaway. The hotel has a little bar and a little restuarant. I can not tell you how they were, we never made it that far. I would recommend this hotel for a little getaway.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BigE2319
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We spent a weekend in OCMD for a baseball tournaments son was in. This EconoLodge gave us a group rate of $99 a night for ocean view rooms. It is clean, the folks at the desk are friendly and helpful, and the view is spectacular. It is right on the beach and about 2 miles from the boardwalk. Our room had a fridge and microwave, which is very helpful for those early morning games. Breakfast is available and complementary, but very limited. The pool is a good size and clean, with plenty of restrooms available for use. My only complaint is that the housekeeper wasn't very thorough. Beds aren't the best, but I don't expect them to be at this price.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Katilurn
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I treated myself to a solo trip to the beach. I took advantage of a thurs night stay as rates are inexpensive in the off season. Newly remodeled rooms with super comfy bedding, a kitchenette & an ocean view from my 3rd flr balcony made this a very pleasant stay. Will return here again.

Room Tip: This econo lodge is located in north ocean city.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank driley64
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We just got home from this place. We booked it based on its listing about 1st floor patio partial ocean view and restaurant/bar on site. What we got when we arrived was everything but. We arrived early and they did check us in, while they checked us in they did not ask for an id, a credit card, or even have us sign anything saying we pre-paid. They sent us to the 2nd floor. We got off the elevator and immediately stepped into a construction zone. The over powering smell of carpet glue combined with paint was nauseating. It would have been like an obstacle course to get to our room, so we immediately went back down to the desk. On our way back down we noticed a sign on the elevator stating the restaurant and bar were closed for the season. Wow, there was no mention of that on their listing. We got down to the desk and my wife pointed out we reserved a 1st floor room. This time the accommodated and moved us to a 1st floor room. When we got off the elevator again, the smell of paint and carpet glue were over powering. We were tired after having just driven a long way so we headed to the room. We opened the door to the room after having to use our shoulder to push it open (which we had to do the whole time there) we walked in and realized immediately the pictures and the advertisement were very deceiving. It was an efficiency with stove/oven and frig. But, there was nothing in that room we would use. As we looked around we could see this room was not ready to be occupied. There was what appeared to be blood or something of the sorts splattered on the bathroom wall and on the shower curtain. The carpets were filthy. The kitchen appliances looked like a health hazard and the partial ocean view well, yes there was a partial view if I stood on my tip toes and stretched my next I could see a small piece of the ocean. This just went from a night away to celebrate our anniversary to a nightmare. I work in the hospitality business and I know how long it takes for refunds to go through so rather check out and go to another hotel and basically pay twice until it gets straightened out I made the call to just stay anyway. We immediately left the room to go do some site seeing because again, it was our anniversary and being in the business I have seen way to many people let something like this ruin their special occasions because they put so much time into trying to get stuff like this fixed. I figured we would catch it when we get back. We walked out past the desk and no one even said a word to us, not "is that better" "how is your room"..nothing. We came back a few hours later and stood in the lobby to say something to the young man working but, after a few minutes of realizing his personal call on his cell phone was more important than us I walked away. No sense in making a scene and causing other customers to feel uncomfortable (which there was one other waiting as well).

We went spent about 30 minutes getting ready and headed out for dinner for the evening (since their restaurant was closed)

When we woke in the morning we called and asked if there was any kind of breakfast onsite and were told no. So we got up packed our stuff and decided lets call it a day and head home. We went down to checkout, the same guy that checked us in was checking us out and never even asked how our stay was. Just asked where our keys were and that was it.

We got home and called and the assistant manager was there. We spoke to him and all he could say is, he was sorry the pictures on the website were not updated and the restaurant is privately owned (not sure what that has to do with it being advertised and not being open). He also said we should have said something so he could fix the problem. Ok we were not getting anywhere so we called Choice Hotels who in turn called the hotel and they offered us 10% off. We explained why we were so upset and that the only reason it did ruin our special occasion is because we chose not to let it. Choice then offered us $44 back per them since the hotel was not being very concerned with it. This is not about a refund and frankly we do not care about that. This was our night and they almost ruined it. We are attaching pictures to this post so all can see what we saw. The worst part about it is when you are pulling up it shows a big NEWLY RENOVATED banner on it. This place is not renovated and they are just now doing it.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple