“Great value ” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 18 Ocean City B&B and Inns
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Great value ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We spent a weekend in OCMD for a baseball tournaments son was in. This EconoLodge gave us a group rate of $99 a night for ocean view rooms. It is clean, the folks at the desk are friendly and helpful, and the view is spectacular. It is right on the beach and about 2 miles from the boardwalk. Our room had a fridge and microwave, which is very helpful for those early morning games. Breakfast is available and complementary, but very limited. The pool is a good size and clean, with plenty of restrooms available for use. My only complaint is that the housekeeper wasn't very thorough. Beds aren't the best, but I don't expect them to be at this price.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Katilurn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
ijamsville, md
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

I treated myself to a solo trip to the beach. I took advantage of a thurs night stay as rates are inexpensive in the off season. Newly remodeled rooms with super comfy bedding, a kitchenette & an ocean view from my 3rd flr balcony made this a very pleasant stay. Will return here again.

Room Tip: This econo lodge is located in north ocean city.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank driley64
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

We just got home from this place. We booked it based on its listing about 1st floor patio partial ocean view and restaurant/bar on site. What we got when we arrived was everything but. We arrived early and they did check us in, while they checked us in they did not ask for an id, a credit card, or even have us sign anything saying we pre-paid. They sent us to the 2nd floor. We got off the elevator and immediately stepped into a construction zone. The over powering smell of carpet glue combined with paint was nauseating. It would have been like an obstacle course to get to our room, so we immediately went back down to the desk. On our way back down we noticed a sign on the elevator stating the restaurant and bar were closed for the season. Wow, there was no mention of that on their listing. We got down to the desk and my wife pointed out we reserved a 1st floor room. This time the accommodated and moved us to a 1st floor room. When we got off the elevator again, the smell of paint and carpet glue were over powering. We were tired after having just driven a long way so we headed to the room. We opened the door to the room after having to use our shoulder to push it open (which we had to do the whole time there) we walked in and realized immediately the pictures and the advertisement were very deceiving. It was an efficiency with stove/oven and frig. But, there was nothing in that room we would use. As we looked around we could see this room was not ready to be occupied. There was what appeared to be blood or something of the sorts splattered on the bathroom wall and on the shower curtain. The carpets were filthy. The kitchen appliances looked like a health hazard and the partial ocean view well, yes there was a partial view if I stood on my tip toes and stretched my next I could see a small piece of the ocean. This just went from a night away to celebrate our anniversary to a nightmare. I work in the hospitality business and I know how long it takes for refunds to go through so rather check out and go to another hotel and basically pay twice until it gets straightened out I made the call to just stay anyway. We immediately left the room to go do some site seeing because again, it was our anniversary and being in the business I have seen way to many people let something like this ruin their special occasions because they put so much time into trying to get stuff like this fixed. I figured we would catch it when we get back. We walked out past the desk and no one even said a word to us, not "is that better" "how is your room"..nothing. We came back a few hours later and stood in the lobby to say something to the young man working but, after a few minutes of realizing his personal call on his cell phone was more important than us I walked away. No sense in making a scene and causing other customers to feel uncomfortable (which there was one other waiting as well).

We went spent about 30 minutes getting ready and headed out for dinner for the evening (since their restaurant was closed)

When we woke in the morning we called and asked if there was any kind of breakfast onsite and were told no. So we got up packed our stuff and decided lets call it a day and head home. We went down to checkout, the same guy that checked us in was checking us out and never even asked how our stay was. Just asked where our keys were and that was it.

We got home and called and the assistant manager was there. We spoke to him and all he could say is, he was sorry the pictures on the website were not updated and the restaurant is privately owned (not sure what that has to do with it being advertised and not being open). He also said we should have said something so he could fix the problem. Ok we were not getting anywhere so we called Choice Hotels who in turn called the hotel and they offered us 10% off. We explained why we were so upset and that the only reason it did ruin our special occasion is because we chose not to let it. Choice then offered us $44 back per them since the hotel was not being very concerned with it. This is not about a refund and frankly we do not care about that. This was our night and they almost ruined it. We are attaching pictures to this post so all can see what we saw. The worst part about it is when you are pulling up it shows a big NEWLY RENOVATED banner on it. This place is not renovated and they are just now doing it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lenguik0032

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Kendall Park, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

This hotel is a short way over the Delaware line so it's far from the Ocean City Boardwalk, but for the price it was great. We had a first floor suite with furnished kitchen, king bed, couch, balcony, covered parking. No breakfast, but if you're staying for more than a day you can bring in stuff. Short walk to the beach & a lighthouse by the bay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank gjcooper7007
Reading, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I've been coming to this hotel for over 15 years. As of last year there are new owners and I found the differences to be so disappointing. First off, I miss the old staff. It was such a pleasure to see them each year. They knew the meaning of HOSPITALITY! Normally I would stay here during the last weekend before they would close for the season. I especially enjoyed the heated pool, which I could not enjoy anymore because the new owners said they did not turn on the heat because they wanted to "save money". Excuse me, but isn't that why you advertise a heated pool. I'm sure you do not turn on the heat in August?
From now on you may need to do more than just turn off the heated pool to save money because this is one guest that will not stay at this hotel again. From the front desk to housekeeping, nothing is the same. How sad!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ocean8150
Upper Darby
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed at the Econo Lodge Oceanblock in August, 2013 with my two daughters and 3 grandkids. The room was a nice size and accommodated us well. The pool was enjoyable and the beach was a short walk away. I was pleased with my choice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tanya A
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Great staff but owner need to make some improvements. Coffee pot burner in room was rusted and nasty looking.The room was a no smoking but I found a cigarette on the balcony and cigarette burn marks on the bathroom sink.Probably won't be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple