“Room 110”

Econolodge Oceanblock
Ranked #7 of 18 Ocean City B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We had a very nice stay. Staff was attentive,courteous and accommodating. We had car trouble twice while on vacation which didn't really affect getting around however it was a inconvenience. The second time we had trouble was when we had already been checked out for hours and we had just got back from our final time at the beach and the car would not start again. Though we were no longer a guest there the staff was extremely helpful and the Manager even let me use his own cell phone to make a call concerning the car. The lady who was at the front desk and dealing with the constant business that comes during the busiest time of the year down there, was also helpful simply by providing an ear for me to fill while I was waiting to resolve the car issue. The tow truck driver from 56th st towing discovered we had tripped the fuel cut off switch which is located in the trunk. I did not know that a fuel cut off switch even existed. He looked it up in my car manual found it in the trunk, reset it and the car was running. He could have just towed it away and not went the extra mile. The staff at the Econo went the extra mile and so did the tow truck driver, despite being very busy they took the time to help a stranger out.
We most certainly would stay here again because we will take solace in knowing the staff is there to help us through whatever issues may arise.

Room Tip: any will do. if you want to be next to the pool pick first floor.
2  Thank PatColeen R
windell h, Manager at Econolodge Oceanblock, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for comments we are gald to help you out when ever you stay at the Econo Lodge. Sorry for all the car problems but I glad you got everything resolved. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for the last 3 years. This year was a mixed bag. It was not as clean as it was in the past. I had to ask for a clean shower curtain. Really bad. We rent two rooms for a week and we could tell that the bathrooms had not been cleaned properly. The pool wasn't as clean as the past either. They are also letting everyone use the pool - a lot of non hotel guests were obviously using it. Changing in the bathroom. I mentioned it to the front desk and they said that the pool bar patrons can use the pool. WHAT! I can buy a $6 drink and use the pool? Still like this place. The restuarant is the best. The balconys are great to hang out on with a view of the ocean. I just hope the General Manager will work on the cleanliness and the pool. I really don't want to look for a new place to go.

3  Thank Elizabeth T

As the Manager of Econo Lodge we are truly sorry for happen during your stay with us but thank you for all your comments thats the only way we can get better. We hope you come back in the future but next time when you feel like the room needs to be cleaned more call the desk we would be happy to fix your needs.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This hotel was clean and well kept. We had switched from a pricier more upscale hotel due to scheduling conflicts and weren't disappointed. A lot depends on what you are looking for when coming to Ocean City. If you want pampering and to be in the center of all the hubbub then this hotel isn't what you're looking for. If you want to be close to the beach and don't mind driving a bit to get to all the restaurants and boardwalk then keep this hotel in mind. It's not on the beach but is a short 100 yd walk up a quiet street. The staff was friendly and during our week I watched a number of the same maintenance/staff members putting in an honest days work, always a good sign. As another reviewer mentioned we did have issues with water temperature. It tended to swing wildly from freezing to scalding. I attributed it to being right next to the hotel laundry room but that's just a guess. We made coffee our first morning but found it easier to just get our morning cup from the lobby. Food from the Rio-Tiki bar was reasonably priced and quick ( we spent about %40 more for about the same meal when visiting friends at our original pricier hotel). Cleaning staff did a reasonable job keeping up our room during the week. Not outstanding by servicable. The Tiki bar had nice all day and happy hour specials and there was an enjoyable duo playing music on Friday night. Note that the pool is considered a "pool bar" so anyone can use the pool as long as they're buying food and drink. It's not just for Hotel guests. All and all we liked our experience because it tended to be more laid back and quiet as opposed to the crowded mayhem we encountered when visiting our friends in the other resort hotel and gave us easy access to the beach. To top things off we were able to afford a top notch dinner with plenty left over with the money we saved when we switched to this hotel

1  Thank gbstone
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hotel wasn't bad, older but recently redecorated.Be aren't the most comfortable. Housekeeping service was poor. Coffee for the coffee pot was not replaced 1 time after asking and leaving a tip for housekeeping. Oh,took the tip but never did leave the coffee or cups. My husband went to lobby each morning to fill our room coffee pot. Housekeeping also took my own personal dish towels. They did provide towels in which I was unaware of, so...took my own but came up missing.Plumbing's horrible.Take care to not put a child in the shower as the water temp will drastically change without warning.My husband was scalded in the shower and then ice cold immediately after. That is a lawsuit waiting to happen.Toilets were getting plugged up also and water drips from the pipes in the ceiling of the parking garage.Front desk was pleasant,pool and bar were nice.

Room Tip: Watch where you park if you don't want water dripping on your car.
2  Thank BlackCatLady
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I enjoyed this Hotel, I had a very nice stay, clean room, front desk service was very friendly and accommodating, the price was very reasonable. My room overlooked the outdoor pool and Rio Grande Cafe, nice music and entertainment while I was there, no noise on my floor so this was very nice for me since I was on vacation and trying to relax and get away from all the noise, this was my second time staying at this hotel and both times was very nice, I will be going back.

Room Tip: If you like entertainment I would suggest you try and get a room over looking the pool area
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Nelleta C
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We are more than happy with this hotel. Rooms were great size, service was excellent, pool was perfect, and location was great! We will definitely be back before summers over!! And any other time we get back to Ocean City! Loved being out of all the hustle and bustle of downtown Ocean City!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 1, 2013

this place was great the place was great and the pool.....what a great pool and even a bar at the pool. my kids had a blast and the beach is sooooo close. the bar was far enough away from the pool that my kids were never bothered. but close enough for a quick beer. the management was great and very helpful with the towels we needed. the food was great and the rooms perfect. we were going to NJ next week but not any more. back to this place for another week

Room Tip: the ones at the pool level
1  Thank monroegolf