New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Econolodge Oceanblock

Econolodge Oceanblock
Ranked #6 of 17 Ocean City B&B and Inns
Atwater,Ohio
“Not The Best Experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hotel wasn't bad, older but recently redecorated.Be aren't the most comfortable. Housekeeping service was poor. Coffee for the coffee pot was not replaced 1 time after asking and leaving a tip for housekeeping. Oh,took the tip but never did leave the coffee or cups. My husband went to lobby each morning to fill our room coffee pot. Housekeeping also took my own personal dish towels. They did provide towels in which I was unaware of, so...took my own but came up missing.Plumbing's horrible.Take care to not put a child in the shower as the water temp will drastically change without warning.My husband was scalded in the shower and then ice cold immediately after. That is a lawsuit waiting to happen.Toilets were getting plugged up also and water drips from the pipes in the ceiling of the parking garage.Front desk was pleasant,pool and bar were nice.

Room Tip: Watch where you park if you don't want water dripping on your car.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank BlackCatLady

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I enjoyed this Hotel, I had a very nice stay, clean room, front desk service was very friendly and accommodating, the price was very reasonable. My room overlooked the outdoor pool and Rio Grande Cafe, nice music and entertainment while I was there, no noise on my floor so this was very nice for me since I was on vacation and trying to relax and get away from all the noise, this was my second time staying at this hotel and both times was very nice, I will be going back.

Room Tip: If you like entertainment I would suggest you try and get a room over looking the pool area
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Nelleta C
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We are more than happy with this hotel. Rooms were great size, service was excellent, pool was perfect, and location was great! We will definitely be back before summers over!! And any other time we get back to Ocean City! Loved being out of all the hustle and bustle of downtown Ocean City!

• Stayed June 2013
Monrovia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

this place was great the place was great and the pool.....what a great pool and even a bar at the pool. my kids had a blast and the beach is sooooo close. the bar was far enough away from the pool that my kids were never bothered. but close enough for a quick beer. the management was great and very helpful with the towels we needed. the food was great and the rooms perfect. we were going to NJ next week but not any more. back to this place for another week

Room Tip: the ones at the pool level
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank monroegolf
Martinsburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We had a really good experience at this hotel. It was even nicer than we expected it to be. We stayed over Father's Day weekend and we thought the hotel was really nice, the room was very clean, spacious, quiet, and smelled good, the front desk clerks we dealt with were friendly and helpful to us. The pool was very nice and the tiki bar seemed great although we didn't have a chance to try it out. The only problem for us was that we wanted to be near the boardwalk, and when we called to make the reservation (it was a reservation hotline - NOT the hotel itself) we were told that this hotel was only a minute walk to the boardwalk. It turns out that it's actually 9 miles away from the boardwalk, which is about at 30 minute drive!! It is right on the beach though, and there are lots of restaurants, mini golf, and other stuff to do within walking distance of the hotel. So, it's actually a great location after all - just not close to the boardwalk. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The 4th floor was very nice and quiet
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
New Oxford, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The Cleanliness of this hotel was out of this world! The room smelled great during our two day stay! The Tiki bar was very convenient and the bartenders were very very friendly and happy to serve. When checking in however, the front desk clerk was on her cell phone on a personal call the entire time and didnt bother to give me any helpful information. Not only that, but she also brought to my attention the next day that i had to poor my alcohol out of the room because she assumed i was there for "senior week". Why she let me check into a room thinking I was under the age of 21 gives you something to think about. Yes I look like I am 18. When I walked down to the front desk to ask for a blanket at midnight, the front desk man rolled his eyes at me and gave me an attitude when I asked politely for an extra blanket. I have never been treated so poorly at a hotel, nor would my co workers at my hotel treat anybody like that.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
Brookeville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Clean, courteous service, experienced none of the bad experiences other reviewers have written about. We have stayed here about five times and are expectations are always met, plan to stay there again.

Pati