“Would do it again”

Ranked #34 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Somerset, New Jersey
“Would do it again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2010

Checking in and parking is a nightmare. Overall the room was clean, beds not comfortable, good room serves. Pool was dirty and very small. Close to beach, which was great everyone was friendly, just one young lady seem to be having a bad day. A little paint to brighten up the place would do it good. Keeping in mind it is a hotel, I would stay again, or somewhere in that area, if staying longer than a week, than not here it is truly a short stay hotel. My family enjoyed their stay as did the teens, due to it:s location.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank hepfamtravel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Randallstown, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2010

My girlfriend and I were originally supposed to rent a condo for a long weekend but our plans fell through. We would have loved to have stayed in Rehoboth but there are only a few oceanfront hotels and they were either booked or way more expensive. While looking for a hotel in OC, I read the reviews of the Atlantic Oceanfront Inn on TripAdvisor. I always read reviews before I book a hotel anywhere. After reading some glowing reviews and some not-so-great reviews, I went ahead and booked an oceanfront king room. Based on the reviews, I made sure to request a room on a high floor (above the 2nd floor) so that we could actually see the ocean from our balcony.

We arrived on Thursday around 2:30pm and there was plenty of parking, but our room wasn't ready yet. Check-in time was at 3pm so we drove around a bit before going back. When we went back, the parking lot was almost full but we still found a spot. There were 2 girls at the front desk - the one who checked us in was very friendly and the other one seemed to be too involved in a personal phone call to even give us the time of day. I confirmed our request for a high floor and we were put on the 4th floor which was excellent! We got a parking permit and our keys and went to the room. It was nicer than I expected. My girlfriend (after seeing some news report about bed bugs in hotel rooms) immediately checked the bed to make sure we didn't have any extra visitors....all clear! The view was fantastic! We actually saw some dolphins playing...very cool! I wasn't sure if there would be shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom (which there was, pleasant surprise) so we brought our own just in case. Since we had an oceanfront king, our room was renovated which was a big plus! Great flat screen TV with lots of channels; comfortable, pillow-top mattress; decent bathroom (with shampoo/conditioner/lotion, but no hair dryer so bring your own); large balcony with comfortable chairs (did I mention the excellent view?); well-equiped kitchen (even though we didn't get as much use out of it as we planned); overall it was nice and clean for an old hotel.

The housekeeping staff seemed nice although we never actually used their services while we were there. We just reused our towels and didn't really need anything from them so we kept the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door the whole time.

Parking was sometimes a problem (no spaces later in the evening) but the maintenence man (I assume) showed us where we could park in the lot. Unfortunately, my car (at some point during the weekend) got scratched, probably by someone not watching where they were going when backing out of a space but it wasn't anything major. Also, there was a room of loud, obnoxious college boys having a big party in their room down the hall one night which woke us up around 3am. All it took was a quick call down to the front desk and within about 5 minutes, the party ended. Kudos to the staff for the quick response. Other than that incident, we slept really well the whole weekend.

I brought my laptop even though the reviews had said the WI-FI wasn't great. I'm not sure where everyone else stayed but we had a great WI-FI connection throughout our stay. When I logged on to my computer, it asked for a user name and password to access the WI-FI which we received by calling down to the front desk. Perhaps we were lucky.

As for the pool, we only used it once in the late evening. It was very sandy (some people just don't understand about washing off the sand BEFORE going in the pool) but we still went in. We were the ONLY people at the pool at the time which was really nice.

It was nice that we were far enough from the boardwalk and the bigger hotels that the beach wasn't as crowded.

PROS: Beachfront (not just oceanfront) hotel; great renovated rooms (oceanfront only); large, private balcony; FREE WI-FI; comfortable bed; decent pool; friendly staff; FREE coffee in the lobby; full kitchen; big flat-screen TV with DVD player

CONS: No hairdryer in room (which we knew beforehand so brought our own); small parking lot and narrow spaces; water pressure in shower not great (but water was good and hot); knives in kitchen very dull (barely cut a lime for our Coronas); hallways were dark and outdated, could use some sprucing up

All in all, we had a wonderful long weekend. We'd definitely go back or at least recommend to anyone looking for a decent oceanfront hotel that's less than $300/night. If they can renovate the rest of the rooms and the public spaces in the hotel, they'll probably get some better reviews.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jackie824
Schodack Landing, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2010

Great location. Steps to the beach and short walks to area attractions. Even though located at 45th street, still able to walk to the boardwalk or take the bus which was located across the street. Room was good size. Included full size refrigerator and stove with all utensils. Bed confortable. Nice furniture, clean, odor free. Great friendly service. Only negative was did not receive good reception with Wii Fi. Didn't use the pool but looked clean.

1 Thank Sgl52
Hamburg, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2010

After reading some reviews I was a little nervous staying here. But my family and I spent a week there and it was a good hotel. If you are looking for a Ritz Carlton then this is not the hotel for you. But it was clean and the room was very spacious. We slept two adults, 3 bigger children and had a pack and play for my little 1 year old. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The night we got there we were unsure of where to park and a very nice gentleman walked outside and guided us to where we should park. I truly appriciated that since it was a late and we drove for a few hours. The last thing I wanted to do was drive around and look for parking. Like I said if you are looking for Ritzy this is not for you. But it was clean, quiet, and friendly. The pool was small but fun especially if you were out there in the evening it was not crowded at all. I would definately stay at this hotel again and recommend it to someone with a family and on a budget. Because lets face it taking 6 people on vacation is not the cheapest thing.

Oh and on the corner there is a really good place for

2 Thank mommyof311825
Baltimore, MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2010

I just returned from a Thurs-Sat getaway in OC and stayed at this hotel with my parents and niece. Obviously the 'theme' of the getaway was relaxation, beach/pool and sun. For that, the Inn served its purpose. The location was worth the aggravations I encountered. Many hotels/inns/motels in OC state they are oceanfront, but when you drive by them, you notice that there are other buildings DIRECTLY in front of them. Luckily when the Inn stated oceanfront, it truly was! You walk out of the hotel, walk a few steps and you're on the beach. This end of the beach was much quieter because it wasn't directly on the boardwalk. They ran out of parking permits so I was unable to purchase one. Luckily I found a spot on the street, but parking is scarce and if you find one on the street, I suggest you do not move it until it is time for you to check out. The rooms were fairly decent. We had an oceanview room on the 2nd floor. The room wasn't updated but like I said, it was decent. Everything was pretty much in working order. The sofa was disgusting because there were stains all over it and it was just really worn down. I didn't even want to sit on it, let alone pull it out and sleep on it. So I didn't! I liked the fact that it had a kitchen. We didn't cook but used the refrigerator (full size) and the microwave (mini). The pool is small but it was never really crowded so it wasn't an issue. There was quite a bit of sand in the pool. I assume people came from the beach and didn't use the hose that was either right off the beach or the hose that was INSIDE the pool to rinse off. Also, the fliter wasn't running either day I was in it so that was a bit unsanitary I thought. Housekeeping wasn't really an issue. As others stated, the wireless doesn't really work. Luckily I actually took OFF on Friday and didn't try to be sneaky and say I was working from home because there is no way I would have been able to do so in that room!

My advice is that if you are traveling with a family or want to actually relax, do not stay during the weekend. On Friday, the college kids took over and I swear it sounded like they were literally bowling in the room above us! I was hoping they were just loud while they were getting ready to go out but this lasted until around 1ish. Then we got some peace and quiet until around 4ish and then it started again. We called to the front desk initially but I doubt they even went up there. And if you stay that close to Seacrets (4 blocks if that) you have to expect that the college kids will be present in abundance.

Would I stay at the Inn again? Probably not. I see what it has to offer so I'd probably try someplace else but in no means was it an awful place to stay. It depends on the room you get and what you make of it!

1 Thank Bmorechick
streator, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2010

Exactly what we hoped it would be! Everything was just as promised on the web site. No additional hidden fees! So nice to not be deceived by a hotels promise of comfort, location and price!

1 Thank sheilab59
Bedford, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2010

when we initially got there the TV was stuck on the the weather channel and the other TV was snowy and only got 5 channels. The afternoon maintence man had no idea how to fix it. So the next morning I went to the desk and mentioned it to the day shift they had the maintence man come up right away. He press and button and it was fixed. My daughter went to get her shoe that got kicked under the bed and there was pretzels and cheese papers under there that weren't ours, don't know how long they've been there and the wheel was off the bed, it was propped up by the phone book. And the only internet service we could get was when we were sitting in the office, apparently it wasn't strong enough to reach our room and that was even on the first floor. But the beds were comfy and the shower was good. the skillet that we had to use had no handle on it, made it kind of rough whent he pan was hot. I had asked for 2nd floor or higher when I made reservation, but when we got there we were on the first floor and just looking at dunes and not the beach.

1 Thank chocodoodler