“Nice rooms, great location, service lacking”

Atlantic Oceanfront Inn
Ranked #35 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
U.S.A
“Nice rooms, great location, service lacking”
Reviewed August 21, 2009

The hotel was in great proximity to the beach and the view from the balcony was perfect. Also, the rooms were very clean and modern. The hotel overall was very nice. The only major issue was the lack of care or concern from the staff. Front desk was not very helpful and the maid service was absent one day, as well as very late the next. As a whole, the hotel was good, if you don't mind asking for clean towels and leaving your room as it is. I would probably stay again, but would look around at other hotels first.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank liesurely_traveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
tripadvised-not
Reviewed August 18, 2009

Charged my credit card twice for $500. When I discovered the charged on the credit card bill, I called. But the desk clerk kept giving me the runaround - "don't see the charge on our records", "the general manager is in a meeting, he will call you back as soon as he gets out", "he is out and won't be back until Thursday (it was Tuesday)", etc. He hasn't called me back yet. I have notified my credit card issuer about the double charge, and they are investigating. I am totally disappointed with this sloppiness, and possibly outright fraud.

Its a sad thing to end with, because our stay was nice. The room was clean, we got fresh towels everyday. Furniture was new. Our room was ocean front, and my kids loved that.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank tripadvised-not
virginia
Reviewed August 10, 2009

We arrived after a 5 hour trip a little early, check in is at 3:00, we arrived at 2:00 and were told we would have to wait until 3:00 check in. Ok, that was alright, understandable. At 3:00 we were told we'd have to wait because the room was not ready. It was raining and we had a full load of children, 9, 12, 15 and two adults. We waited and waited and finally spoke with a manager who gave us a different room on the 4th floor instead of the 2nd. We finally got in the room and though the view was a bit better, the service at the front desk was just appalling with the attitude of "too bad, so sad, not my problem" with dirty look after dirty look from the young woman. Two of the dresser drawers had puddles of water in them, the balcony door was off the tracks and it took some serious muscle to open and close, not to mention the horribly loud noise of doing so. Maid service was nice although they obviously didn't want to be bothered to clean until we checked out. They did supply extra towels when asked. The elevator couldn't have been slower, even the employees complained about it. The only good thing about the place was how close it is to the beach, which was nice. It would definately benefit the place with front desk employees who at least pretended to enjoy their job and the people who travel the distance and choose, out of so many places, to stay at theirs. We will choose one of the other many hotels next time. Also, although they had a pool it was so small, and out of site, it wasn't worth it.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank charlottep41
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed August 10, 2009

This is my second stay at this hotel, and the difference was night and day! Last year I wrote a scathing review on this website for this hotel, when I was informed that ownership and management had changed this summer I decided to give it another chance and I am glad I did. The room was spotless, the bed was super comfortable, the staff was very friendly, and my room had a wonderful view of the ocean. The hotel has definitely changed for the better. If you have stayed here before this summer and had a bad experience, which I know many did, I would encourage you to try it again. I very much enjoyed my stay and would certainly consider staying at this hotel again!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank mct1977
Baltimore
Reviewed August 10, 2009

This is the only place I'll stay when I come to O.C. The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. The central location is ideal, and if you can get it, the view from the ocean side 5th floor is all a person can ask for. The staff is exceptionally accommodating, and friendly. If your looking for a clean and comfortable stay at the beach this is your place.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Eliezer03
Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 21, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Atlantic Oceanfront Inn July 13-16th, 2009. We had an oceanfront room and it was awesome! The room was beautiful and it had a great view of the ocean. The room had a small kitchen two queen beds a sofa bed, a coffee table, and a little table to eat on. The service was great as well, we would go out for breakfast and by the time we came back our room was already clean. Although it is about 19 blocks from the boardwalk it was right on the beach, we acutally didnt mind it being far from the boardwalk because we were able to enjoy the beach without the huge crowd that comes from the boardwalk, and we drove to it at night anyways. We will definetly be staying at this hotel again next summer!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ptg1412
Georgetown, DE
Reviewed July 18, 2009

Without a doubt, my stay at the Atlantic Oceanfront Inn was by far the best value for the price in Ocean City. We enjoyed a comfortable stay, even in the heat, thanks to multiple independent air conditioning units throughout the suite. Hotel staff were very courteous, and made sure that our stay was pleasant. The hotel is just a short walk from Seacrets, one of the best night life experiences on the East Coast, and mere steps from the beach. I highly recommend this hotel, and having already stayed there twice this summer, look forward to going back again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends