Here is my review of Atlantic Oceanfront Hotel and my experiences. I am going to hit on some main categories and give you the Pros & Cons of this place. I am going to rate their customer service and I am also going to rate them from a consumer perspective. I have been in the customer service field for over 23 years. I am a manager of a customer service team and have a keen understanding of what the consumer desires from their experience.
1. The Front Desk – This is the first experience any customer will have when arriving at a hotel. This is probably the most important position a hotel can staff. When I arrived the Staff was courteous in a cold but professional manner. (Not down home friendly) I was coldly told my room would not be ready until 4PM. End of conversation. From a consumer point of view it was lacking that friendliness. Especially since I had just paid a large sum of cash for the week. The front desk did not offer up any more information than the bear minimum required to pass you through the process and to your room.
2. The Room – As we walked down the hallway towards our room, I noticed dents all over the outside of the door. Also, I noted the door had, at some point in time, been forcibly entered. As we entered the room, the smell of old potatoes was lingering. We asked the maid if she had anything like Fabreeze. She proceeded to enter our room and spray some sort of air freshener throughout. This lasted for about 15 minutes and the smell returned. The refrigerator was scratched up and dented. Also the refrigerator was not working. The couch arm rest had been caved in as though someone was jumping on it. The room doors dividing our room from the kitchen had holes in them. The walls in out bedroom had drips stains running down them. As if someone flung a beverage at the wall. A couple of the pots and pans had been put away dirty. I scrubbed the floors as they were sticky. I also bought Lysol spray and proceeded to spray everything. Our room was an ocean front room but with no view except for the dunes and some trash blowing around outside from the adjoining hotel’s party goers.
You can hear everything outside your door. This means everyone outside your door can hear you.
3. The Amenities – The swimming pool is very tiny. If there are 12 kids in the pool. The pool is full. Wi-Fi worked well. The TVs worked fine. The bed was comfortable. The AC worked well.
Pros – The hotel is conveniently located on 45th street and is midway between many of the attractions. It is also very close to the beach. Staff worked to resolve my complaints in a professional yet cold manner. Wi-Fi and cable worked well.
Cons – Not a specifically family oriented hotel. Very mixed crowd of party goers and families, which is not a good mix. Not an overly friendly hotel. Rooms are in need of serious cleaning. Floors need to be scrubbed. Carpet needs to be shampooed. Walls need to be cleaned. The swimming pool is really small. The location is next to a party hotel. Parking is at a premium. If you are looking for the “Mint on the Pillow” type of experience. This is not the place.
Rating - Overall I rate this hotel at a 5 out of a possible 10 in all categories. They need some improvements. Which if the owners care they would make changes. Families considering staying at this hotel please seriously think about the above statements. I am not a perfectionist by any means. But when you lay out a large sum of money for a hotel room, you have certain expectations. Clean rooms, friendly staff and a well-managed facility.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located directly on the beach with ocean front rooms & balconies. Newly renovated rooms include flat screen TV's, pillow top mattresses, Fully equipped kitchens with refrigerator, stove, microwave, coffeemaker, and toaster. Hotel amenities include outdoor pool, post-checkout changing rooms, complimentary coffee & juice, beach chairs, and a positive smiling staff! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Atlantic Oceanfront Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Oceanfront Hotel Ocean City
- Atlantic Oceanfront Ocean City