“Some good some bad”

Ranked #36 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Baltimore, Maryland
“Some good some bad”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I booked my stay in Feb. of this year. We stayed 3 nights and just got home today. We stayed in a standard view room first floor. I was shocked you could see some of the ocean and palm trees were nice scenery. We loved the location it was very quiet and relaxing. However, the room was not as clean as I liked it to be. The bathrooms need to be updated for sure. The shower liner in our room was cut half way barley keeping water in the tub. I guess because it was growing mildew instead of replacing it they cut the bottom off. They advertise a full kitchen with all utensils. There were only 2 pots in this kitchen very little silver wear and no spatulas. The plates and cups are a hard plastic type of material. It looked like cafeteria plates to me. Only had 3 plates 2 cups. The pullout couch had hair on it not from us! So we had to ask to get that cleaned. After the first night the a/c started to blow hot air. I called down and talked to Julian. He quickly helped us and felt that is was humid and hot in our room. So he moved us to a different room ASAP. That night the a/c stopped working also. They called someone to come look at it and it was fixed but still not as cold as id like it to be. Very humid. The dishes in this room were dirty and still had food on them. I went out and bought plastic plates,cups,silverwear. I will say that I love the location but this hotel is not worth the money they are charging. Seems to me they are cutting cost that are making them look bad. Pool is very small. The beds were comfortable the sheets were to small and kept falling off all the time.

Room Tip: ask what rooms have a new a/c unit!
2 Thank Brittany w
carouselresort, Manager at Atlantic Oceanfront Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear valued guest, thanks so much for being our guest, and thanks for the review! Our Ocean Patio rooms do boast a great view, despite not being considered Ocean Front. We do apologize about any dissatisfaction you may have experienced, we have a great staff on hand available for any inquiries you may have. Your notes have been heard and we will be discussing them at our next employee meeting. We do many renovations every year and will be looking into the cutlery issue for this next season. We hope you had a chance to enjoy the Carousel Vacation Package. The Carousel Group Vacation Package offers the most amenities in Ocean City! Book a room at our hotel and get great discounts just for being our guest! Guests staying at any of our great hotels can join us for - FREE Ice shows every night at 6:30 (June 12 - Aug 20). - FREE Voucher for our free family photo night, - FREE Movies on the beach Wednesdays on 118th st - FREE Family movie night at the Carousel - FREE Live entertainment on Carousel Back patio everyday in the Summer from 2 - 6pm - 10% discounted dining at The Carousel. Thanks again for being our guest, we hope to have you once more in beautiful Ocean City Md.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Girls weekend trip was ok. Location was amazing. Place smelled like mold and the beds had sand upon our arrival. We payed for the location, not any amenties or luxury. If you are staying for a night or two, the place is fine--anymore then that and its worth it to look for a house or condo.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank caligrl687
carouselresort, Manager at Atlantic Oceanfront Inn, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear valued guest, thank you so much for being our guest and for choosing the Atlantic Oceanfront Inn as your vacation accommodations! We apologize about the sand and any mildew smell you may have experienced. Hotels with Oceanfront locations typically have to treat for mildew on a common basis, we work hard to keep this at an absolute minimum and have several treatments to suppress this issue.

1. Promote ventilation with dehumidifier P-Tech units in every room. Mildew spores typically grow on organic matter in the presence of high humidity levels, which is why our air conditioners in every room remove humidity from the air, suppressing mildew growth.

2. Chemical solution and treatment. Mildew is present almost everywhere in high humidity environments, and once it attaches itself to something, it can be easily treated with a chemical solution in the bathroom areas, carpet and anywhere mildew is spotted. This is a great preventative method which we endorse, every time a room is cleaned.

The sand issue is unacceptable and we are reviewing this issue at the next employee meeting.

Thank you again for your review, we hope to have you back with us once more in beautiful Ocean City!
Ogdensburg, New York, United States
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I was very nervous coming to this hotel. When I booked it back in January 2013 there were really no bad reviews. Within the last couple weeks I have read a few of bad reviews that made me want to cancel my reservations but we didn't. I packed our own bedding and cleaning supplies expecting to have to clean when I got here but was surprised it was better than I expected. I love that it was right on the beach, we have a great view and have even seen dolphins every morning. There was sand in the pool but being on the ocean what do you expect. I found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful. We stayed in room 310 and I have no complaints......

5 Thank Tara B
carouselresort, Manager at Atlantic Oceanfront Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear valued guest, we thank you for your business and thank you for your review of our hotel! We did get a few negative remarks in the past few weeks but have addressed all the issues professionally and efficiently. We take our time to listen what our valued guests have to say and work hard to make sure we are doing everything we can for the comfort of our guests.

One of the great perks to staying at the Atlantic isnt just the free beach chairs, or the great location, but the fact that we are located directly on the beach in beautiful mid-town Ocean City, MD. We have some of the best staff members working at our hotels and it truly shows by the feedback we receive.

We hope you had a chance to enjoy the Carousel Group Vacation Package. The Carousel Group Vacation Package offers the most amenities in Ocean City! Book a room at our hotel and get great discounts just for being our guest! Guests staying at any of our great hotels can join us for - FREE Ice shows every night at 6:30 (June 12 - Aug 20). - FREE Voucher for our free family photo night, - FREE Movies on the beach Wednesdays on 118th st - FREE Family movie night at the Carousel - FREE Live entertainment on Carousel Back patio everyday in the Summer from 2 - 6pm - 10% discounted dining at The Carousel.

Thanks again for being our guest, we hope you enjoy the rest of your summer, and we hope to see you again soon!
New Jersey
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed at the Atlantic the weekend before the 4th, for four nights. My husband and I and our 2 small children stayed in an oceanview, 2nd floor room with 2 queens and a pull-out sofa. I've been coming to OCMD my whole life, but this was the first time we came as a family. For the price and location, we couldn't have asked for a better hotel.

Some notes:
-- Best hotel location: on the beach, no nearby high-rises, etc. Seriously - this made our vacation.
-- The staff, especially the front desk crew, were always pleasant and helpful.
-- The parking situation was handled beautifully. We arrived early on Saturday during the check-out/check-in cross-over and parking was hard to find. They had their security out checking parking tags and offered to move our car when a spot opened up.
-- If you're expecting the Ritz, you'll be disappointed. The hotel was very basic, but not shabby. Very typical of other budget friendly hotels/motels in OCMD. You can see how they're slowly moving through the upgrades - I think the oceanfront rooms are probably a little nicer.
-- It was always clean, but there could be improvements. Like other reviewers, our bedsheets never fit quite right and a corner always popped off. I still don't understand why all hotels don't get rid of the crappy bedspreads and go with the white duvet/coverlets like the chain hotels. Haven't we all seen enough Oprah black-light specials?
-- The mattresses have seen better days, but it didn't ruin our trip - we all slept great.
-- The kitchenette was great and well stocked w/ dishes, cups, etc. I'd suggest they keep dustpans/swiffers in the rooms to help manage the sand we tracked in - but they'd probably get lost or stolen. But that would have come in handy for us.

I can recommend:
Belly Busters: Crabs & sandwiches & beer. We would bring the kids back to the room for their naps mid-day and one of us would grab sandwiches from Belly Busters down the block and we'd eat on our balcony.
45t Street Taphouse & OC Steamers: Great location right accross the street and they were really cool with the kids (sand-pail souvineers, etc.)
Fish Tales: Go early, stay forever. Good food, great drinks, amazing concept with the play area/face-painting for the kids.
Heavy Crabs @ 42nd & Coastal: I ordered crabs to bring home for the 4th - they were pricey, but hands down the best crabs I've had in years. The owner and staff are phenomenal.

Avoid at all costs: the Jolly Roger "amusement park". A complete and utter racket. Terrible staff, terrible concept. We should have just walked out when we learned how much it cost. Stick to the boardwalk.

All in all, I've already recommended it to friends and we'd definitely stay here again. Well-managed property in a prime, can't-be-beat location.

Room Tip: Oceanfronts have been upgraded first, the higher the floor the better the view.
3 Thank M M
Dear valued guest, thanks for you business during the 4th of July celebrations. We are so happy you made The Atlantic Oceanfront Inn your holiday accommodations. We do boast an amazing location close to night life, dining, local attractions and we are directly on the beach!
The Carousel Group did take over this hotel in 2011 and has been making some great improvements to the property and the rooms. We do offer an amazing vacation package as well. The Carousel Group Vacation Package offers the most amenities in Ocean City! Book a room at our hotel and get great discounts just for being our guest! Guests staying at any of our great hotels can join us for - FREE Ice shows every night at 6:30 (June 12 - Aug 20). - FREE Voucher for our free family photo night, - FREE Movies on the beach Wednesdays on 118th st - FREE Family movie night at the Carousel - FREE Live entertainment on Carousel Back patio everyday in the Summer from 2 - 6pm - 10% discounted dining at The Carousel. Thanks again for being our guest, we hope to see you again soon!
waterford, ny
Reviewed July 8, 2013

They were wonderful. We came to town and didn't have any reservations, and they had wonderful clean, oceanview rooms for us. I would without a doubt stay there again! They were the only hotel that could get us a room for a three night stay for four. And the rates were reasonable, especially for the 4th of July week!

1 Thank melinda w
Dear valued guest, thanks so much for choosing the Atlantic Oceanfront Inn as your vacation accommodations! We hope you had a great opportunity to experience the fireworks either uptown or downtown at the inlet. We also hope you had a chance to enjoy our great location near Seacrets night club and the 45th St. Village. We also offer the Carousel Group Vacation Package. The Carousel Group Vacation Package offers the most amenities in Ocean City! Book a room at our hotel and get great discounts just for being our guest! Guests staying at any of our great hotels can join us for - FREE Ice shows every night at 6:30 (June 12 - Aug 20). - FREE Voucher for our free family photo night, - FREE Movies on the beach Wednesdays on 118th st - FREE Family movie night at the Carousel - FREE Live entertainment on Carousel Back patio everyday in the Summer from 2 - 6pm - 10% discounted dining at The Carousel. Thanks again for being our guest, we hope to see you again soon!
bethlehem,pa
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My wife and I don't spend the money on 5 star resorts,but we do want a clean room and on or close to the beach and this one meets our needs. It is right on the ocean also very close to restaurants,bars and shopping. It was clean the staff was friendly,the only complaint I had was we stayed in room 104 and the AC never got the room really cold, in was very hot and humid out so that might have had something to do with it,but when I go for a run on the beach I would like my room Ice cold when I get back. But with that said I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor for a ocean view,1st floor view is blocked by dunes.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank islandlover92
carouselresort, Manager at Atlantic Oceanfront Inn, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear valued guest, thanks so much for your excellent review! We work hard at the Atlantic Inn to make sure your stay is one to remember. We do have a great location, directly on the beach, close to Seacrets restaurant and night club, and we are just steps away from 45th st village and The Taphouse as well. We do hope you had a chance to enjoy all the Carousel Group Vacation Package has to offer. The Carousel Group Vacation Package offers the most amenities in Ocean City! Book a room at our hotel and get great discounts just for being our guest! Guests staying at any of our great hotels can join us for - FREE Ice shows every night at 6:30 (June 12 - Aug 20). - FREE Voucher for our free family photo night, - FREE Movies on the beach Wednesdays on 118th st - FREE Family movie night at the Carousel - FREE Live entertainment on Carousel Back patio everyday in the Summer from 2 - 6pm - 10% discounted dining at The Carousel. Thanks again for being our guest in beautiful Ocean City!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed here for the week of July 4th. Had a great ocean front room on the 5th floor. Room was spacious, bed very comfortable. Front desk personel were very helpful with suggestions and directions. The hotel has fresh coffee and juice in the AM. I would recomend using the bus service, since driving around can be difficult.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bev W
Dear valued guest, thanks so much for choosing the Atlantic Oceanfront Inn as your vacation accommodations! We have worked hard to make sure your vacation is one to remember. we hope you had a chance to take advantage of all the Carousel Group has to offer. The Carousel Group Vacation Package offers the most amenities in Ocean City! Book a room at our hotel and get great discounts just for being our guest! Guests staying at any of our great hotels can join us for - FREE Ice shows every night at 6:30 (June 12 - Aug 20). - FREE Voucher for our free family photo night, - FREE Movies on the beach Wednesdays on 118th st - FREE Family movie night at the Carousel - FREE Live entertainment on Carousel Back patio everyday in the Summer from 2 - 6pm - 10% discounted dining at The Carousel. Thanks again for being our guest, we hope to see you again soon!